Do you ever feel real emotions for someone you've met on here?

Annoyance, frustration, and lust are pretty normal emotions for here.

Feeling a bond of kinship with a fellow lit user, nothing wrong with that.

When you start getting a little more attracted it gets complicated. I've gotten lucky we hit it off when we met. It was better than the fantasy. And the longer and better we've gotten to know each other the feelings have grown.

So it's nothing to shut yourself off from. Just be cargo how deeply you feel I guess, as much as you can control it.
 
I did feel real emotions for someone from Lit at one point but I realized the hard way that things don't always work out online. So I stayed away and detached myself from the emotions after that.

I think it depends on different people's experiences and what they want from the site. Some people want real relationships while others don't. You just have to be careful about who you talk to and what you talk about. I think being guarded can be a good thing online.
 
I wouldn't be here if I wasn't seeking and finding actual connections. That doesn't mean they've all turned out greatly, but I don't regret anything. I keep on looking for something that makes my tummy churn - in the sexy way, not the sick way.

Maybe it's my age playing a part, but the world wide web is as real as "reality" to me. There are risks to wearing your heart on your sleeve no matter what platform you use, if you're in a bar or in the personals section on craigslist.

Life without risks is boring, uneventful, and I wouldn't wish it on the most frigid person out there. But maybe that's just me being naive :rolleyes:
 
My problem is that when I'm in, I'm in. I'm the person who has a lot of acquaintances. They enjoy my company, or at least I think they do. People "know" me, but they don't. I've always been . . . difficult with emotional connection. I treat it like water in the desert . . . actually that's not true. I'd pretty much share water with anyone. Lol. But you get the point.

When I do let someone in, and this is friend/lover/whatever, they're in fully. I'll do whatever I can reasonably do for that person. They're part of s pretty small fucking circle.

It just gets fucked when you realize it's one-sided, or you're being taken advantage of.

I know this is rambling and somewhat off topic. The responses I've read have taken me in an unexpected direction.

Feeling pensive.

Obviously, I need to figure something shit out.
 
Human beings interacting with other human beings, I don’t see how it’s possible without something of a connection.

I’m guarded too, if you need a reminder that this is a fantasy land, I was struck by the disproportionate number of pilots, doctors and firemen that PM’d me when I first joined... a lot of people here are not what they seem. It’s not a biggie that people lie about their careers but it does make me wonder if anything is true...

That said, there are a couple of lit people that I consider friends, but maybe I’m an idiot...

I’m sorry if you’ve been taken advantage of - but that happens, real life or online... there are lots of decent souls amongst the charlatans and the cunts (pardon me French),

Good luck, x
 
I have developed some fairly deep emotional bonds with people on other platforms, but not here. I think the whole environment of Lit is so explicitly sexual, that one doesn't expect or even look for any emotional attachments, that's not what people are here for, and I think it's best to leave it at that or you're very likely only going to get bruised.
 
Human beings interacting with other human beings, I don’t see how it’s possible without something of a connection.

I’m guarded too, if you need a reminder that this is a fantasy land, I was struck by the disproportionate number of pilots, doctors and firemen that PM’d me when I first joined... a lot of people here are not what they seem. It’s not a biggie that people lie about their careers but it does make me wonder if anything is true...

That said, there are a couple of lit people that I consider friends, but maybe I’m an idiot...

I’m sorry if you’ve been taken advantage of - but that happens, real life or online... there are lots of decent souls amongst the charlatans and the cunts (pardon me French),

Good luck, x

The taken advantage of happens more offline than online. I blame the rambling on too much bourbon last night.

You're right, though, in that people here aren't always what they seem. Still, I've met good people and a very few I've taken up friendships with outside of Lit. So I'm with you, idiot. Lol.

It is what it is, right? If you're lucky, you find someone special (if you're looking). And then, just like every relationship, you hope you don't fuck it up. 😂
 
I've definitely devoloped real emotions for online friends. I haven’t been here too long but I’ve met some awesome people. I was on another site for a couple years and some of those friends crossed over into real life. Once I trusted them enough to become an irl friend, they were in my inner circle for sure.

That being said, I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and err on the overly trusting side. I’d rather be like that than bitter and overly suspicious. Just trying to keep a balance. It’s tough sometimes.
 
Not really anymore
I did when I was exploring my bi side here but got duped. Most "women" in the GLBT chatter section are "men". Now I'm not interested at all doing anything bisexual on here.

I've connected with a few guys on here but they usually want more than I'm willing to give. They seem to think they have control & always push the boundaries. I do have a few guys I'd consider friends here though.

Female friendships is something I don't have much of here. I really connected with one gal ..... We opened up to each other, had so much in common then poof, she disappeared like several friends have on here.
For me a female friendship would be non sexual. I admire a few gals in the PG section but I just don't really initiate pm's much anymore

Being married along with having a bi GF, I'm not looking for a sexual connection or any kind of "relationship" on here.
Now after saying that I would like to explore a certain something here but I need to sort that out. Not sure if that'll ever happen & please don't pm me about it as I will not give any details. It definitely won't be with anyone I've chatted with before

L:rose:
 
Crikey, yes! Regularly.

I'm driven to find emotional connections with people. It's not necessary for me to be in a relationship with someone to feel those awesome little sparks of connection. They might only be fleeting moments, but they always add vibrancy to my life.

The downside, of course, is that I make myself vulnerable every time I invest in an emotional connection. I've been burned by that many times. I still continue because I remember that hiding myself safely behind a cold mask for many years was far worse for me than the burns. I'm taking a chance whenever I put my full self out there, but at least I know that's the authentic me.
.
 
I've fallen in love with someone from Australia on Lit. It was the last true connection I made with someone, in the few relationships I've had since then. We still chat on occasion, but she's found her special person and there's little of the passion we once shared. Still a treasured friendship, though.
 
Yes to the first. No to the second. I’ve fallen in love and that is always wonderful. Complicated, yes. But I’ll never. Ever. Ever. Regret it.
 
Yes, there are real emotions. We are human and that is something that should come as naturally here as "out there".

Some Litsters are just friends that I enjoy being around on the threads (maybe acquaintance is a better word). Some are closer and we share some personal information. Some deeper, they know most things about me. Not all know my full name, address, phone number, birthdate, family etc... some know a mix of that.

All along I've tried to keep in mind that it's the internet and I will probably never truly meet people, but that doesn't always work. You become good friends with some.

I always kept in mind that "this is Lit" and assume most of the men are married, but one did sneak past my barrier and I gave him everything, I fell in love with him. I'm a better person for it, I think he gave me all he could, too. I don't have any regrets, but I don't know that I am ready to give all of me like that again.

There are still wonderful friends here, though, and those that truly care about me as much as I care about them.
 
I felt a connection with someone. I knew it would come to an end someday as most online relationships do. Even so, it hurt when I got dumped. I would have liked to have said goodbye and wished them well. That was not to be.
 
yes, more than once...

some have had beautiful outcomes....
 
I'm a mod on another site. We are one big happy disfunctional family. We share our lives with each other. Good or Bad. We text, call each other and laugh a lot. We all met online and just grew to care about each other and support each other. And yes I have met and vacationed with some of them. We're that close. ☺

It is possible to form real relationships that start online.
 
Back
Top