What's for dinner?

Leftover marinated chicken and potatoes, plus fresh tomato and cheddar baked on whole wheat bread, and broccoli with butter and lemon. Bit of mix and match.
 
Shrimp with mixed vegetables in brown sauce. Fresh strawberries and dark chocolate covered almonds for dessert.
 
We went down and dirty summer Americana:

Hot dogs in a bowl covered with baked beans and bacon with a side dish of Mac and cheese.

Can't get much tastier junky than that!
 
Game stew, German Fried Potatoes, steamed leeks, shredded steamed Savoy cabbage, and lime meringue pie with home-made Brielle Coco liqueur ice-cream and lange de chat biscuits for dessert. Hubby's cooking, so that was what he chose.
 
last night, I went back to the basics and had a pepperoni pizza from Dominos, it was pretty good.
 
Dinner Sunday night was an Angus burger with Cheddar cheese bacon, blue cheese, guacamole, tomatoes pickles cucumbers, lettuce & bbq sauce. With a poutine and seven up on the side.
 
Raw cauliflower and blue cheese dip, spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce, burger with cheddar cheese and bbq sauce, strawberries.
 
Dinner was salad (iceburg lettuce, red bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, blue cheese crumbles, roasted sunflower seeds and italian dressing) - chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce - spaghetti squash with a simple homemade sauce - strawberries for dessert
 
Grilled chicken, sauteed red bell pepper, onion and zucchini with herbed tomato sauce and parmesan. I also served egg noodles with butter and cottage cheese, and baby carrots boiled in beef broth. We all had a little raspberry gelato for dessert.
 
Dinner was salad (iceburg lettuce, red bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, blue cheese crumbles, roasted sunflower seeds and italian dressing) - chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce - spaghetti squash with a simple homemade sauce - strawberries for dessert

What size were the shrimp?
 
What size were the shrimp?

Erm, somewhere in the medium large range? :eek: I don't pay attention to these things. I only care whether they taste good or not. I generally prefer to buy raw shrimp and cook them for that reason. Ming Tsai does a fantastic cooking program and always recommended that.
 
Roast Beef.
The 'Yorkshire Pudding' reminded me of what Stanley Holloway called "Elephant's leather".
Followed by some strawberry trifle.
 
Roast Beef.
The 'Yorkshire Pudding' reminded me of what Stanley Holloway called "Elephant's leather".
Followed by some strawberry trifle.

Ooo, strawberry trifle sounds lovely.

Had my veg melange baked with mozzarella on top, salad and some chicken breast. Made chocolate chip bar cookies with the munchkin today, using maple syrup and alternative flours. Were more brownie like than cookie but still tasted delish.
 
Back
Top