America Going Out Of Business

Michael Goodwin never has anything good to say about anything.
 
And unless Democrats begin to put duty to country over loyalty to Obama, America as we know it is headed to a point of no return.[/B]


Does he say anything about Republicans putting duty to country over loyalty to party? Unless, of course, he believes the Democratic party to be the only one of consequence in our republic.
 
Wow, I am shocked. An Op-ed in a Murdoch-owned "paper" trashing the President. Next you'll tell me that water's wet and ice is cold.
 
Obama is driving the country to ruin
By Michael GoodwinJune 7, 2014 | 10:22pm



If you think of the United States of America as a store, its recent decisions and scandals resemble a sale, perhaps a fire sale. Or maybe even a “Going Out of Business” sale.

The list of dramatic markdowns is breathtaking. They include trading away five murderous terrorists for a likely Army deserter, an open invitation to tens of thousands of illegal immigrants to cross the Mexican border, and a decision to recognize the terrorist group Hamas as part of the Palestinian government.

On the home front, environmental regulations will cost thousands of coal miners their jobs and drive up the cost of electricity for millions. The ObamaCare mess is hardly resolved, and the Veterans Affairs scandal keeps getting worse. The acting agency head reported the deaths of 18 more vets who were kept off the official waiting list in Phoenix.

Ticking quietly in the background is the mother of all threats — an Iranian nuclear bomb. That ticking grew louder last week as the ayatollah mocked our nation by standing in front of a banner that proclaimed, “America cannot do a damn thing.”

Technically, he’s wrong. It’s not that we cannot stop the mad mullahs’ march. It’s that President Obama has taken the military option off the table, and without it, Iran has nothing to fear. Our impotence was a choice.
Add to the combustible mix the expansionist moods in Russia and China, and the series of events recalls an observation by the late economist Herb Stein. Speaking in another context, he said that, “If something can’t go on forever, it won’t.” That sums up the current sense of the nation as a whole.
What seemed for years a steady and slow decline increasingly feels like a headlong race to the bottom. America is careening downhill, and a crack-up appears inevitable.

It is no coincidence that the deal with the Taliban to release five terrorist leaders from Guantanamo brought the first threat of presidential impeachment from a respected member of Congress. GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said that if Obama tried to release others without lawmakers’ approval, it would lead to “people on our side calling for his impeachment.”

That is the nuclear option, and there is good reason why it has been so rarely invoked throughout history. And yet the intense fever gripping Washington, largely created by Obama’s go-it-alone approach, needs to be broken. The country simply cannot continue to remain the beacon of the free world if we are consumed by our own dysfunction and distrust.

Impeachment is one way to try to resolve a political crisis, but as former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy argues in his new book, public opinion is a vital ingredient, and it is missing. Titled “Faithless Execution,” his book’s subtitle, “Building the Political Case for Obama’s Impeachment,” is based on McCarthy’s claim that the legal case is solid that Obama has violated his oath to execute the laws faithfully.

That’s an arguable point, but even to concede it means nothing because the Democratic Party has been so cowed into supporting Obama, regardless of what he does, that there is no chance to make the political case.
Indeed, we have reached this crisis largely because centrist Democrats have failed to stand up against Obama and demand more moderate policies.

Leaving aside occasional grumbling from party elders, he gets *almost unanimous support from every Dem in Congress for every piece of his radical agenda. Evidence shows that one of his most pernicious practices, using the IRS to punish conservative groups, grew out of congressional demands from liberals. While that doesn’t excuse Obama’s role, it does demonstrate that his party has enabled and encouraged his improper conduct.

The result is that the constitutional system of checks and balances has been gutted as Democrats act as an amen chorus for the executive branch.
The framers put a high bar on impeachment, and merely attempting to draw up the articles is viable only when there is a bipartisan consensus that the president’s immediate removal is necessary. We are a long way from that consensus.

Still, something has to give. And unless Democrats begin to put duty to country over loyalty to Obama, America as we know it is headed to a point of no return.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/07/obama-is-driving-the-country-to-ruin/

From where I sit the GOP ain't on the field, and I'll swear Boner/Rove forfeited the game. Its like Stalin and Hitler fighting over Estonia.
 
Amazing that he receives a paycheck for such thoughtless, amateurish analysis.
 
I can hardly walk and have a woman who likes to fuck all day and night and I still get out of the house more than the op.
 
Doesn't take away from the threat posed by Obama himself and his party, only the hope for a solution.

The fact that there is no threat posed by Obama and his party is what takes away from that. They love the country and want to see it do better.
 

And you actually imagine that enough of the productive class are going to quit working for a bit and somehow organize and form protests against this downfall, and that mere protest is going to affect it?

Fact is, vette, that's just you hoping that the situation can be addressed in that way, because to actually ponder the practical means with which such needed change in fundamental direction can be actually achieved are all things you've already decided are much too distasteful to you.

All lemmings have come to the point where they cede their individual liberty for collective security because one must be willing to fight to the death to protect individual liberty and a lemming defines her/himself when he chooses not to fight, preferring the comfort of security instead, and surrendering their individual liberty in the process.

If you're not fully willing to fight to your death to preserve individual liberty, vette, you're just going to be another bozo standing on the deck of the Titanic wailing I told you so, I told you so until reality drowns you out.

(Fact, too, is, vette, that your honorable service to your country in 'nam, while not at all discreditable in any way, is still yesterday's news, meaning: the true fight never ends no matter how old you get.)

So, go ahead and comfort yourself with your road trips and secure yourself with retirement perks now, while you also gotta constantly lament on the GB how the country is redlining...

...for tis not long at all until you and your false bravado finally sleep with the fishes forever.

Or, of course, as Samuel Adams said it soooo much better:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Now I know you've employed that same quote against those you see as lemmings. But what you fail to see is how much of a lemming you, yourself, have become...

...America is lost because there are not enough individuals left who still possess the will to war against the very actions which assault individual liberty in the first place.

You talk a lot, vette, but you ain't got no actual walk left at all.

So, do peace a favor: go grab your deck chair now, sit down and shut up, and wait for the Big Gulp like the non-player you've become.
 
...America is lost because there are not enough individuals left who still possess the will to war against the very actions which assault individual liberty in the first place.

You talk a lot, vette, but you ain't got no actual walk left at all.

So, do peace a favor: go grab your deck chair now, sit down and shut up, and wait for the Big Gulp like the non-player you've become.

America is not lost but that quote has little place in the modern world, I'm uncertain it was applicable at the time but it's certainly of little use today.
 
When Ben Franklin put forward his Albany Plan in 1754, and it was rejected by both a majority of colonists and the British, he noted that having those two opposites against him was proof enough to him that his plan was, in fact, sound...

...I'd like to thank vette and Renard for helping me to understand what ol Ben meant.
 
Renaud you worthless trash.

And I don't care who said it, everybody being against you isn't a sign that you are right. It's generally a sign that you're so insane nobody can back you and you cause enemies to become friends.
 
If you weren't so dumb, you'd know that Obama himself uses his own expanded version of that line of thinking to attack the country. Only he thinks that when the middle is opposed along with both ends, it's still a good idea. But, by all means, let him continue to drag you around with your finger through his belt loop like a prison bitch.

Please explain how Obama and Franklins train of thought differ in your opinion.
 
Have you two ever discussed meeting halfway, say, at the San Clemente bus station, and "settling" your differences behind closed, stall doors?
 
Have you two ever discussed meeting halfway, say, at the San Clemente bus station, and "settling" your differences behind closed, stall doors?

Once. I wore a satin scarf, he wore army boots. The moment we made eye contact we embraced. I grabbed his sagging sixties but and he cradled my nine inches of nineties awesome. We exchanged safe words and tumbled together into a pile of hay.

I don't need any closed doors and neither does he.
 
Amazing that he receives a paycheck for such thoughtless, amateurish analysis.

Amazing that no one has offered to pay you for your insightful analysis of his article.

Was there something in particular that you want to dispute/discuss/challenge/elaborate on... ....or is this your typical 'cocktail party' mumblings?

RodDownSouth is teaching classes in ::knowing nods:: that you might want to look into to. You could really flesh out your repertoire.
 
Amazing that no one has offered to pay you for your insightful analysis of his article.

Was there something in particular that you want to dispute/discuss/challenge/elaborate on... ....or is this your typical 'cocktail party' mumblings?

RodDownSouth is teaching classes in ::knowing nods:: that you might want to look into to. You could really flesh out your repertoire.

Where's your analysis? Or vettbirther's? Do you even read what you post?
 
Once. I wore a satin scarf, he wore army boots. The moment we made eye contact we embraced. I grabbed his sagging sixties but and he cradled my nine inches of nineties awesome. We exchanged safe words and tumbled together into a pile of hay.

I don't need any closed doors and neither does he.

That's nice, Renard...

...but, if you don't mind, I'll wait for vette's rendition as I'm pretty sure yours is just another of your regular fantasies on your wish list of life.
 
Where's your analysis? Or vettbirther's? Do you even read what you post?

That is is the ongoing point. Adre pretends to have an opinion and never expresses one.

I don't think that anyone is of the view that i am without opinions or the words to express them.

You and Adre on the other hand....

I can hardly walk and have a woman who likes to fuck all day and night and I still get out of the house more than the op.

...is an opinion of the person doing the posting.

Adre gave an opinion of the person writing the article.

I am giving my opinion of Adre analysis, and now your own lack of an expressed opinion.

You are welcome for the attention.
 
I've got my eye on and aircraft carrier at the clearance sale. I'll sell the jets to North Korea and turn it into a bread and breakfast.
 
I've got my eye on and aircraft carrier at the clearance sale. I'll sell the jets to North Korea and turn it into a bread and breakfast.

Man! I would definitely pay to wake up to the fragrance of rolls baking in the morning!
 
Back
Top