The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all.
Is the Coffee ready, Blue?.

Dame fortune smiled when I went sick.
It was a "by the way, Doc." moment and caught the problem early enough.
And these days, I do the Bear's trick and get to see him real fast. I ain't plannin' on going any time soon.

Molly; has medical science not sorted out your ticker yet ? You know, - pills and so on ? Good Luck and a supportive Hug, anyway.

Good Morning all.
Is the Coffee ready, Blue?.

Dame fortune smiled when I went sick.
It was a "by the way, Doc." moment and caught the problem early enough.
And these days, I do the Bear's trick and get to see him real fast. I ain't plannin' on going any time soon.

Molly; has medical science not sorted out your ticker yet ? You know, - pills and so on ? Good Luck and a supportive Hug, anyway.

No pills for me. I had a nasty reaction--they caused a neuro-muscular problem that threatened to take my life, so I'm not taking them. The new doc says that I don't need them for my issues anyway. I've become a mystery to medical science in that they know my heart mis-fires, but they don't know why. It's not particularly dangerous to the heart, but it might cause a stroke, so I take aspirin. That's the only treatment at this moment. That and loss of weight, exercise and careful watch of the diet. The diet part is easy since I truly love veggies, grains and fish. I eat good. :D

No pills for me. I had a nasty reaction--they caused a neuro-muscular problem that threatened to take my life, so I'm not taking them. The new doc says that I don't need them for my issues anyway. I've become a mystery to medical science in that they know my heart mis-fires, but they don't know why. It's not particularly dangerous to the heart, but it might cause a stroke, so I take aspirin. That's the only treatment at this moment. That and loss of weight, exercise and careful watch of the diet. The diet part is easy since I truly love veggies, grains and fish. I eat good. :D

That's a relief to all, I'm sure.

You have no idea how glad I am to see that everyone is still here. LOL

I was thinking about how long it had been since I logged into lit. I don't even know what exactly stopped me from coming to visit. But I realized how much I missed talking to everyone.:heart:

So here I am. Started writing again too. Haven't actually worked on any of that seriously for about 2 years. I really need to get out of this insane slump.

You have no idea how glad I am to see that everyone is still here. LOL

I was thinking about how long it had been since I logged into lit. I don't even know what exactly stopped me from coming to visit. But I realized how much I missed talking to everyone.:heart:

So here I am. Started writing again too. Haven't actually worked on any of that seriously for about 2 years. I really need to get out of this insane slump.

Secret!! :kiss::kiss::kiss: How the hell are ya, sweetie? Long time no see! How's the family? What'cha been up to? :rose:

Short version... LOL...

Bought a house. Kid's in kindergarten doing great on everything except spelling. Slick is out of work at the moment d/t medical issues. My job is a pain but paying the bills.

How is everyone else doing?

Short version... LOL...

Bought a house. Kid's in kindergarten doing great on everything except spelling. Slick is out of work at the moment d/t medical issues. My job is a pain but paying the bills.

How is everyone else doing?

I'm fine as frog hair, darlin'. :D

Congrats on the house. Ain't bein' a homeowner fun? The little one will catch on to spelling in due course, just be glad it ain't math. Bummer on Slyc, his knees and feet again? Most jobs are a pain, mine sure was, but that paycheck makes up for it. ;)

I'm fine as frog hair, darlin'. :D

Congrats on the house. Ain't bein' a homeowner fun? The little one will catch on to spelling in due course, just be glad it ain't math. Bummer on Slyc, his knees and feet again? Most jobs are a pain, mine sure was, but that paycheck makes up for it. ;)

Slyc's big problem at the moment is a chronic wound on his ankle and swelling in both legs. By the end of a day his calves are as big round as his thighs. He can't stand or walk for long periods of time and spends a lot of time with his feet up.

I don't know about my paycheck making up for it at this point there's no choice. Especially since my job is our only income and insurance. It's pretty frustrating. Probably the reason for my meds at this point. I often wonder if I had made a few different decisions if I would be writing for my paycheck now instead of helping people who don't really want or appreciate the help. :rolleyes: Sorry for the rant. I had an especially bad couple of weeks recently and it's really getting to me.

Slyc's big problem at the moment is a chronic wound on his ankle and swelling in both legs. By the end of a day his calves are as big round as his thighs. He can't stand or walk for long periods of time and spends a lot of time with his feet up.

I don't know about my paycheck making up for it at this point there's no choice. Especially since my job is our only income and insurance. It's pretty frustrating. Probably the reason for my meds at this point. I often wonder if I had made a few different decisions if I would be writing for my paycheck now instead of helping people who don't really want or appreciate the help. :rolleyes: Sorry for the rant. I had an especially bad couple of weeks recently and it's really getting to me.

Damn! The poor guy. Can anything be done about it? Tell him Tom says 'Hi'. ;)

Oddly enough, those are the folks who are in the most need of help. They're frustrated, angry, feel abandoned and are often depressed. No bouquets from them I'm afraid.

What better place to rant than among friends, Secret. :kiss: Don't worry about it. :rose:

Damn! The poor guy. Can anything be done about it? Tell him Tom says 'Hi'. ;)

Oddly enough, those are the folks who are in the most need of help. They're frustrated, angry, feel abandoned and are often depressed. No bouquets from them I'm afraid.

What better place to rant than among friends, Secret. :kiss: Don't worry about it. :rose:

With all the trouble with his walking he was in an out of jobs so much that he never had insurance and couldn't get in to a good doctor. Not to mention he's a man and refused to admit that a doctor would be a good thing. :roll eyes:

We talked for a while about putting him on my insurance but we didn't really want to since we haven't really gotten married yet and Texas has common-law. The last thing we wanted was to end up married cuz we put our names together on an insurance document. We kinda wanted to do it the right way.

Well his leg got worse and he lost another job and my open enrollment came round. So I added him. I guess that means we're official now. :rolleyes: You'll have to forgive me for not being happy about how that worked out. But he now has insurance and I've been harassing him to go to the doctor for a good month now. He says he's gonna go.

In the mean time he's enrolled in school again and gonna get a computer degree so that he can get a sitting down job instead of a walking around job. Hopefully that will work out, cuz honestly I can't keep up with all the bills on my own. It's too much.

With all the trouble with his walking he was in an out of jobs so much that he never had insurance and couldn't get in to a good doctor. Not to mention he's a man and refused to admit that a doctor would be a good thing. :roll eyes:

We talked for a while about putting him on my insurance but we didn't really want to since we haven't really gotten married yet and Texas has common-law. The last thing we wanted was to end up married cuz we put our names together on an insurance document. We kinda wanted to do it the right way.

Well his leg got worse and he lost another job and my open enrollment came round. So I added him. I guess that means we're official now. :rolleyes: You'll have to forgive me for not being happy about how that worked out. But he now has insurance and I've been harassing him to go to the doctor for a good month now. He says he's gonna go.

In the mean time he's enrolled in school again and gonna get a computer degree so that he can get a sitting down job instead of a walking around job. Hopefully that will work out, cuz honestly I can't keep up with all the bills on my own. It's too much.

Sorry to say, but us guys can be stubborn cusses when it comes to doctors. It's a guy thing I guess. I used to be of the opinion that you rubbed some dirt on it and played hurt, but a couple of close calls made me appreciate the value of seeing a doctor on occasion. Tell Slyc I said to get his ass to the medic's and find out what's wrong. You don't get points for playing hurt unless you're bucking for sainthood and he ain't eligible. :D

Men are like that. Mine has been promising to go to the doc for more than 3 years. I'm still waiting. In the meantime, I tell him to keep his life insurance up. He thinks it's mean of me to say, but I got a kid to think about.

What? He wants me and Jim to come on down there and drag his butt to the doctor? He doesn't know embarrassment until we show up and start getting loud, yanno.

The other alternative is for the kid to sit on his lap and pout until he goes. That's brutal, I know, but it works.

:D

Sorry to say, but us guys can be stubborn cusses when it comes to doctors. It's a guy thing I guess. I used to be of the opinion that you rubbed some dirt on it and played hurt, but a couple of close calls made me appreciate the value of seeing a doctor on occasion. Tell Slyc I said to get his ass to the medic's and find out what's wrong. You don't get points for playing hurt unless you're bucking for sainthood and he ain't eligible. :D

I've told him. I'll keep telling him. And he knows he certainly isn't eligible for sainthood. LOL, hell if he was filling out the resume it would get rejected by question 2. On the other hand, it's more fun this way!

Men are like that. Mine has been promising to go to the doc for more than 3 years. I'm still waiting. In the meantime, I tell him to keep his life insurance up. He thinks it's mean of me to say, but I got a kid to think about.

I actually mention life insurance to him the other day. Pointed out that if something did happen I wouldn't be able to afford to take care of it and he has no family to help. He just looked at me. Promised he'd go to the doctor again.

I have to admit that I've been getting more and more worried. He thinks he's impervious to any kind of issues. He is so driving me nuts.

What's the problem with yours that he's in denial about?

What? He wants me and Jim to come on down there and drag his butt to the doctor? He doesn't know embarrassment until we show up and start getting loud, yanno.

The other alternative is for the kid to sit on his lap and pout until he goes. That's brutal, I know, but it works.

:D

I've threatened to put her picture in his cigarettes. He gets annoyed with me

Why are men in cowboy hats so sexy?;)

Even when I was a kid in OHIO I had a crush on Bo and Luke Duke. Never even liked country music til I got older. But still... men in cowboy hats and jeans and boots. Damn...

I've told him. I'll keep telling him. And he knows he certainly isn't eligible for sainthood. LOL, hell if he was filling out the resume it would get rejected by question 2. On the other hand, it's more fun this way!

I actually mention life insurance to him the other day. Pointed out that if something did happen I wouldn't be able to afford to take care of it and he has no family to help. He just looked at me. Promised he'd go to the doctor again.

I have to admit that I've been getting more and more worried. He thinks he's impervious to any kind of issues. He is so driving me nuts.

What's the problem with yours that he's in denial about?

It's his age and his weight and his inability to realize he needs more exercise than operating the remote. If he doesn't get up and move, he's going to decompose where he sits. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back