Love's Leverage (closed)

She settled back watching the movie. She was at peace watching stuff like this. She could relate in a way.

So do you think he had time to get your hint or do you owe Parker thanks?

She smirked and looked over at him.

"Possibly thanks honestly Hardisan is as thick as bricks."-He laughed a bit keeping her close as they watched the other two in succession time to pass and relax in to one another.-

She closed her eyes by the third one and relaxed more. She had never relaxed like this really around anyone except Red.

-Elliot kept her close as the movie ended he smiled and looked over.-"So What now?"-He asked as he lightly played with her hair .-

She smiled eyes half closed.

Sleep maybe?

She really had no desire to move from the couch or his caress.

-He chuckled as he pets her hair gently and smiled.-"Well you could sleep here or my bed if you need to be carried i could do that to."

It was clear she was already mostly asleep already as she answered him

So comfy... Surprise me Red.

She shifted a little snuggling closer to him.

-Elliot carried her gently to his bed as he snuggled against her and sighed gently and fell asleep holding her body close. Elliot began to have feelings stir inside him he hope they were genuine and not caught in the moment elliot knew him self he had gotten attached to things before when he had no business to.-

Her dreams held Red and Eliot. Could she fall for him? She had suspected that she could or maybe already had till her dream shifted. Nate getting Red and Eliot killed at the same time. Screaming out she woke uo in the early morning hours.

-Elliot calmly sat up and put his arms around her softly.-"Whats wrong?"-He asked her."-He sat up groggily but conscious.-

She sat there shaking.

He... He got you both killed... You... and Red... He got you both killed. To prove he was right... He got you both killed.

Without thought she curled against him hands moving over his chest as if searching for the bullet her dream showed killing him. Fighting hard to prove it wasn't real.

-When she ran her hand over his chest nothing was to be found Elliot gently held her hand and whispered.-"Its ok we are just fine I promise Dani i am fine."-He said hearing her sob and curl in to him he just held her gently his arm draped over her back rubbing it.-

She looked up into his eyes.

For now... But Eliot how long before he gets his ego that amped again?

She kissed him almost on instinct.

-He blushed a hot minute before it vanished.-"Look Nate isn't the same man you knew....he has admitted fault and taken falls for us. He makes sure that doesn't happen and also we aren't going to let him push us around again."-He held her close and pet her hair.-"Now relax its going to be ok."

She curled up against him and nodded.

I'll trust this for now... But I see any indication of the Nate I remember I'm gone.

"Give it trust he may be The same nate but had learned form his major mistakes. Its going ot be ok i promise we have done lots of jobs together and Nate hasn't failed us."-He kissed her and held her close.-

Had she really been dealing with jobs on her own now for so long that a team seemed more like a liability than an asset. She curled up into the kiss and embrace slowly falling back to sleep feeling... Safe.

-Elliot smiled as he rubbed her back and fell asleep as well he smiled happily as he stroked her hair gently. The night was rather uneventful minus that wake up. Elliot kept her safe in the night.-

Late morning she woke up and smiled before slipping off to go get changed and ready for the day. Nate stopped her in the hall on their way downstairs.

Dani... How close have you been on this case? What are you not telling us?

She looked at Nate and for a moment saw the genuine concern in his eyes.

Nate... Leave it as there has been more ground work laid than your team could have done in a month. Trust me... The less you know about what I have done the better off everyone will be.

-Elliot woke shortly after cleaning up and dressing he walked out as she had the conversation and he mentions.-"That may be true but...This is big taking it on by your self may bring him down quicker...Let us help trust me it will be a big burden off your shoulders.-

Nate held a surrendering hand up.

Remember I know you Dani. I just wish you would tell my why this case is so personal. I know it's not just because it's Red's people.

Her eyes closed then opened slowly as everything around her hit slow motion. Next she knew she had Nate pinned to the wall and Red's knife at his throat.

You remember that young girl who say at my bedside with you? Red's baby sister... The one you could bsrely bring gourself to talk to after our last case. Chin got to her... The kid was his personal punching bag and rape target till he finally sold her to some brothel in Russia where that tiny little thing died. That is why Chin dies... That is why they all die.

Shd was shaking all the hate and rage coursing through her as she moved the knife stabbing it into the wall by his head and walking away to cool off.

The rest of the team hearing the commotion walked out in time to see the knife get planted in the wall.

-Elliot sighed and bit his lip watching the scene unfold he had a idea he followed her and made sure she didn't do anything brash He caught up to her and asked-"How about a spar get some of the anger out."-HE asked her.-"Come on it will help."-He said as he continued to follow.-

Yeah... Spar... But the anger... It doesn't go away it just quits screaming for a time.

She tried to offer Eliot a smile.

-Elliot knew about that he out a hand on her shoulder and walked with her.-"Look im not going to tell you what to do but confide in me...why is that? I used to be the biggest hit man any one had i fought in the armed forces. I did things im not proud off and things i frankly used my anger for that well i thought would quelch it. But understand this once you figure out that your anger is controlling you then you can quelch it until it is actually needed."-he held her close as they walked.-

Back