The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of amusing preamble to the real page.
I do like the idea of a pair of mature women idling around a kitchen. I don't think it would work in mine, though.

But now - coffee please.
 
A lot of amusing preamble to the real page.
I do like the idea of a pair of mature women idling around a kitchen. I don't think it would work in mine, though.

But now - coffee please.

I wrote a story about it, based on the TV advert trope:

Two Tarts in a Kitchen

I'm off on holiday in a couple of hours. More packing - after this coffee!
 
And there was . . . gasp, a latte! :D Ran away from work to write.

I walked into a Coffee Shop this morning. They've been there a long time and the new owners are gradually installing new equipment. So I asked for a coffee.
There was a brief pause as she worked out what to say next.
"Madam,", I said, "I don't speak foreign; all I want its a simple cup of coffee please."

I was rather surprised to note that I got it; but I noted that, in addition to the new kit, there's a new scale of charges and it's outrageous. Perhaps the rent has risen (again).

Now then. A Cup of tea is the thing, I think.
 
After an initial Chinese fired drill, things seem to have settled down nicely. :)

Got a little writing done early and the shop got a good cleaning and straightening.

I think we're going out for supper since I forgot to take something out of the freezer. Now for the big decision, Italian or Mexican?

Fresh coffee for the evening crowd and a kettle for the tea bunch.
 
:rose: Lovely.

Supposed to get hot and muggy here this weekend.

Sigh. Couldn't get my mind to settle down this afternoon. Barely got a paragraph of writing in. :rolleyes:

We had 90's for several days already so this is a welcome break.

Writing. I don't even know what that is.
 
We had 90's for several days already so this is a welcome break.

Writing. I don't even know what that is.

It's that thing where you take a pen and make squiggles on a piece of paper, which communicate information to the person who can understand it. Or something like that. ;)
 
I thought we had a new Italian restaurant but it seems that it is the old one in a new location. The food is excellent as always.

The ladies are watching a movie and I'm trying to get some editing done.
 
Roll Up, Roll Up,
Get yore nice new coffee's 'ere.

Snake-oil it ain't.
Coffee on the Lawn, I think.
 
We have mastered the 90's and so now we graduate to triple digits, but still with single-digit humidity.
 
Morning all

I slept late after the wonderful supper last night. So did my two house guests. Not sure what is on tap for the rest of the day.

Mid 90's here with double digit humidity. The feels like will be triple digits. :eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top