Why I've gotten to be so crabby

Bidin~Time

montani semper liberi
Human nature is pretty predictable. It's not terribly difficult to predict the outcome of any given scenario if you take the time to observe. That's why us old people can sometime come off as being so annoyingly, exacerbatingly, cock sure of our stances and opinions on any given subject where human nature is concerned. Life is a never ending learning process, a process that repeats, and has repeated, since time began.

My sister has taught high school for over 25 yrs. Not long ago she was telling me about some drama amongst the students and as she ended the tale, she added, "The stories are always the same, always end the same, only the players have changed. If the kids had known to ask, I could have told them exactly how that was going to play out, but they didn't know to ask, wouldn't have listened anyway, and yet, would have been amazed at my powers of prophesy."

I got to thinking about that, and I knew she was correct. Sometimes I just have to take a deep breath, and remind myself that I, or someone I knew did this or that, then someone else later on did the same thing, repeating over and over through the years with results so similar, they may as well have been the same scene in a 'Groundhog Day'-like movie; we survived, they survived (usually) and life went on.

I have to keep reminding myself that people 20 and 30 yrs my junior, have not yet seen those scenarios play out dozens of time. They will learn, if they live through it all, and with any luck, not repeat the painful lessons, and use them to go on to many other positive lessons. I live in hope that, at some point, they will also learn to ask for advice and listen to the advice given. That advice may not always be what they want to hear, but there's a lifetime of reasons behind the advice given.

You can tell them the outcome,
but most won't believe.
They will still stay the course
& find out for themselves.

i've had similiar experiences with my niece. when she moved in with her BFF from high school was an especially fun moment. some things you can't teach. people just have to learn the truth on their own.

Just lately an older friend told me, the difference between somebody in their 60's and somebody in their 70's

The 60 knows he knows and tries to educate the younguns...the 70's guy knows there is no point because they won't listen anyway

You can tell them the outcome,
but most won't believe.
They will still stay the course
& find out for themselves.

Those lessons, My mother referred to as "Bought lessons". The meaning of which was that they had cost me something; maybe not in actual money, but I had paid a price in some form or another.

i've had similiar experiences with my niece. when she moved in with her BFF from high school was an especially fun moment. some things you can't teach. people just have to learn the truth on their own.

And we are here, Aunty or Uncle 'Safety Net'. There to help them pick up the pieces and move on.

Human nature is pretty predictable. It's not terribly difficult to predict the outcome of any given scenario if you take the time to observe. That's why us old people can sometime come off as being so annoyingly, exacerbatingly, cock sure of our stances and opinions on any given subject where human nature is concerned. Life is a never ending learning process, a process that repeats, and has repeated, since time began.

My sister has taught high school for over 25 yrs. Not long ago she was telling me about some drama amongst the students and as she ended the tale, she added, "The stories are always the same, always end the same, only the players have changed. If the kids had known to ask, I could have told them exactly how that was going to play out, but they didn't know to ask, wouldn't have listened anyway, and yet, would have been amazed at my powers of prophesy."

I got to thinking about that, and I knew she was correct. Sometimes I just have to take a deep breath, and remind myself that I, or someone I knew did this or that, then someone else later on did the same thing, repeating over and over through the years with results so similar, they may as well have been the same scene in a 'Groundhog Day'-like movie; we survived, they survived (usually) and life went on.

I have to keep reminding myself that people 20 and 30 yrs my junior, have not yet seen those scenarios play out dozens of time. They will learn, if they live through it all, and with any luck, not repeat the painful lessons, and use them to go on to many other positive lessons. I live in hope that, at some point, they will also learn to ask for advice and listen to the advice given. That advice may not always be what they want to hear, but there's a lifetime of reasons behind the advice given.

You said cock.

Beavis.jpg

Just lately an older friend told me, the difference between somebody in their 60's and somebody in their 70's

The 60 knows he knows and tries to educate the younguns...the 70's guy knows there is no point because they won't listen anyway

I'm not in my 70's yet, but I agree with your friend.

I pissed on an electric fence when I was 3. I never did it again, and my cure didn't require one minute of therapy or remedial studies or flash cards to fully extinguish the behavior. It didn't require a high IQ either. In fact, I didn't even need to search the Bible for the answer or read one of Hillarys many autobiographies. Didn't need a village!

on the plus side i never really liked her best friend anyway, so yay for that.

And here I thought it was just the cold weather making your joints ache that brought on teh crabby.

I pissed on an electric fence when I was 3. I never did it again, and my cure didn't require one minute of therapy or remedial studies or flash cards to fully extinguish the behavior. It didn't require a high IQ either. In fact, I didn't even need to search the Bible for the answer or read one of Hillarys many autobiographies. Didn't need a village!

I bet you feel really special.

Reminds me of my nephew.
We were working on an electric fence. When we finished and turned it on we headed to the house. My nephew was walking along the fence and reached out and grabbed it. Of course it shocked him and he ran crying to the house.
I was still laughing when I got to the house and my sister was mad as hell that I was laughing.
I told her that as long as he did stupid stuff people were going to laugh at him.
Haven't talked to her in years now.

When i was 4, Dad took me to look at a pony and her newborn foal. The fenced enclosure was electric and i was warned not to touch it as it would 'shock' me. Being 4, and curious, and not really old enough to comprehend what it meant to be shocked, I put my wee index finger to the fence and found out right away their meaning. Like you, I never required therapy physical or emotional, but i do remember looking around sheepishly to see if anyone saw what I had done. if they did, they never let on. I've never intentionally touched an electric fence to this day.

Reminds me of my nephew.
We were working on an electric fence. When we finished and turned it on we headed to the house. My nephew was walking along the fence and reached out and grabbed it. Of course it shocked him and he ran crying to the house.
I was still laughing when I got to the house and my sister was mad as hell that I was laughing.
I told her that as long as he did stupid stuff people were going to laugh at him.

My brother grabbed his cousins hand a then grabbed the fence, knowing it would get her and not him.

on the plus side i never really liked her best friend anyway, so yay for that.

Doing the favors by keeping quiet has it's place too.

And here I thought it was just the cold weather making your joints ache that brought on teh crabby.

Being that I am usually such a HUGE ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy world, sometimes it's ok for me to be a little crabby. Tomorrow, or in an hour or so, i will be back to my sunny awesome self.

Reminds me of my nephew.

I didn't cry. You needed to know this though I don't know why.

The moral of the story:

The older you get, the smarter you'll be. Unless you get dementia.

The moral of the story:

The older you get, the smarter you'll be. Unless you get dementia.

For humans, like other animals in the world, not always.

Dad had an English Bulldog. We took him with us to the river one Sunday. Now, I do not know if it is true of the breed, though I've been told it is, but this big fella couldn't swim a lick. Oh he'd dog paddle like billybedamned, but his body habitus was such that he'd sink like a stone. crazy dog jumped right smack in the middle of the river, and true to form, sank like a rock. I had to jump in and drag him out. All 75 pounds of him (he was a huge mfer). He never would accept the fact that he couldn't swim and for as long as he lived we had to keep a watchful eye on him whenever we were around the water.

Being that I am usually such a HUGE ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy world, sometimes it's ok for me to be a little crabby. Tomorrow, or in an hour or so, i will be back to my sunny awesome self.

My soul is rested. I will sleep much better tonight knowing this. Godspeed, Biden~Time. May the force be with you. Salami on a coon. Get thee to a nunnery. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. May your days be merry and light.

My soul is rested. I will sleep much better tonight knowing this. Godspeed, Biden~Time. May the force be with you. Salami on a coon. Get thee to a nunnery. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. May your days be merry and light.

And to you, our own lil Don Quixote, may the windmills always tilt your direction.

In a world of Google, all one needs is the ability to click and read...

...no need to ask an elder, for learning is so passé anyway.

Before, years and years of sound education determined one's level of learning accomplishment...

...today, everyone's expertise is measured by CTR.

It is written that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...

...alas, artificial intelligence is the god of this age.

Back