Lovecraftian state nicknames

KingOrfeo

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Posts
39,182
The State of Florida, hitherto known as "The Sunshine State," henceforth shall be officially designated "The Sultry, Foetid and Blighted Province of Degenerated and Mongrel Denizens Skulking in Bewildered Terror Beneath the Remorseless and Incomprehensible Light, of No Colour Hitherto Known to This Planet and Solar System, Emanating from That Amorphous Blight of Nethermost Confusion which Blasphemes and Bubbles at the Center of All Infinity — the Boundless Daemon Sultan Azathoth, Whose Name No Lips Dare Speak Aloud, and Who Gnaws Hungrily in Inconceivable, Unlighted Chambers Beyond Time and Space Amidst the Muffled, Maddening Beating of Vile Drums and the Thin Monotonous Whine of Cracked and Accursed Flutes." And it goes on the license plates, too.
 
Hawaii, hitherto "The Aloha State," is now emmotto'd "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

It means the same thing -- both hello and goodbye.
 
Let us suppose hypothetically that the eternal gibbering shrieks of the shambling mongrel Washinnsmouthians of the witch-haunted District of Cthulhu* for initiation into the Inmost Circle of the most tenebrous and necrophagous cultus of the United States of Arkham were to be, at last after strange aeons, satiated with a fear-offering perversely beseeming, in its impious transgression of the most ancient and terrifying geasa of the night-whispered Codex Constitutionalis -- id est, precipitate induction of their representative wizard-priests into the Unholy Synod and the House of Re-Animators, plenary empowered to perform the most puissant and blasphemous rites of Flu'urvoht and Phl'yebastor.

State nickname?

*Separated from the familiar logic and reason of this planet and Solar System by the impassable Belt of Madness that doth swallow its own tail as the Worm Ouroboros, within which fearful legend whispers that the hidden scribe-kings and sessile war-chiefs of the Aimless City endlessly enact incomprehensible rites of unknown origin and unfathomable purpose.
 
Back
Top