New Poetry Recommendations

My apologies for the particularly late reviews of New Poems this Friday (6-16-06):

Somehow I Remember by seannelson is a linguistic graphic novel of collaged images. There is an amazing boyish energy that is the poem's center of gravity, and the poem communicates such an infectious sense of wonder, discovery and joy. Makes me want to make my own list of childhood memories.

Stout Willie, Count of Bohemia, a second poem by seannelson, is a colorful characterization, to say the least. I love this poet's voice. He has a great linguistic eye.

Signals by recklesschild really gets inside the mask of the umpire and shows you his passionate chest protected heart for the game. Being an ex-catcher, I can only recommend this awesome poem begrudgingly.

~S&D

Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 17, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Deeper than the Truth by Maria2394
I encourage you to read this heart felt poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening Wear and Groceries

by Tzara hunger lurks on every curve <grin>>> not fruity at all, very ripe poetry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hand Job by Many Feathers three guesses what the poem is about <grin but enjoy the HOT read yourself and taste MF'S poetic flavor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laden With Iron
by Mystery Valiant take a poetic ride upon a white horse with wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
two step by brutal_romance I enjoy witty-humor and this poem as well as ...Self Portrait a riddled with a poetic and charming literary ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

read / vote / and comment on the many poems offered this weekend. Have a quality day!

I want to mention Watching old Genovese women by vampiredust, today's reviewer. Such a conundrum when your own poem comes up on your review day, I would imagine.

Yet another excellent offering, vampiredust.

I thought I'd share my comment on your poem here on the review thread:

"The imagery is very alive. I could say this about virtually any of your poems...you relate, in a felt sense, the marriage of the myhtic and mundane, the archetypal and the personal, in your imagery.

Your poems are like linguistic collaborations between JMW Turner and John William Waterhouse."

And thanks for all your work on this thread. It doesn't go unnoticed.

~S&D

Last edited:
New Poems

into somnia
by Dustystar reads with a wonderful urgency and low grade anger. Read it out loud.

Holding Pattern by Victoria_Lucas is a meditation of measured breaths that opens into the Great Expanse with a final mantra. Yes.

Spanish impression by steve porter is brilliant in its simplicity and understatement. It's a character sketch the invites the further unfoldment of a whole life and its world. I want to read the novel, yet I don't think the novel could say any more about the poem's subject and his world.

~S&D

New Poems Reviews
Saturday 24, 2006

Unending Trails by The Mystery Valiant I like the way this poem trailed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fone Sexx by oregon_gal as much as I dislike talking on a phone <grin, I enjoyed this poem (~_~)

Erotic poetry

Lovers by Alexis661 I truely found this poem worth the read so I read it again <grin

also posted today by Alexis Sweet Perfume and Eroticated ...

Red Welts and Intention ...by fieryjen... fieryjen's poems are sizzling <grin

Have a quality weekend (~_~)

Wednesday's Review

Let's see what we've got today in this batch of 21 {a bit more here than when I looked in earlier}.

There's one of those little green critters leading today's offerings, semi-sugar coated by 4degrees.

Check out Mattress by vampiredust and "watch the moonlight herd a flock of stars."

And a little fun piece is Parking Lot Lust by miss_apple_tart.

That's it for today. Blame it on all the rain in the East this week, for now the sun is out in all its glory ~ who wants to stay cooped up in front of a computer when there are so many other more pleasant life tasks to face. Think I'll head out and let the sun seduce me....

echoes_s said:
...and what first greets my eyes upon glancing on the new poems was this soothing, wonderful, mesmerizing poem by hippiedude Swim Quietly Until Dawn A definite must read…

I often watch from the upstairs window,
just beyond the moon glow’s reach,
as a phantom tide comes in
and my house becomes an island,
brushed by a warm
and ancient trade wind.

where you find your imagery for words and this vision is very deep,good poem

There was no way to break this poem up for a quick peek as it all blends together so perfectly and needs to be read whole as Denis Hale rocks us hard at breakneck speed Classic Rock And A Way-Hard Cock

hmmm, hippiedude again befuddles me with his intricate language and mystic tongue weaving tales and torching minds with Throw Back Road

Put then to rest the naked railing,
the bitter gray dog snarling teeth.
Lift mystery moon from lapping dust,
dispatch to freedom Fame’s aural captives,
who paint their souls like rain—like rust.

Oh man, I just peeked ahead and see so many names out there familiar to me, Seattle, Eve, Razz. Anna, Fawnie, Catbabe, JC, tungtied, neo, carrie, bluerain, dusty and more…going to be a long and tough review night tonight…geesh, what a time to open my eyes and focus :D

The poem does blend together very perfectly,when viewing it I was analyzinf the line about the Phantom tide and the house becoming an island

The Friday Review

39 new poems up today

My picks:

f-cynyr has two poems up today:

5 Kings Row and Face Fuck

5 Kings Row is my favourite of the two; a great narrative poem filled with raw and edgy language. Go read.

new lit poet Cockyfox gives us There is a man named Abdul today, a lovely sensual poem with a neat little ending

seannelson gives us a neurotic and hyper piece of poetry in the shape of Oh God!, @?#?

My Erotic Trail has left A Bottle of Poetry to be opened. Go read this little genie

A Couple Good Ones to Read

There are several poems well worth reading today, but I will leave most of them for the day's reviewer. ~ I do want to point out a poet who has been with Literotica for just a month. raynecrow2 has only five poems posted, but there are two new ones today that I really like: Hospitalized
Rooming with a
300 pound
Schizophrenic named John
who reads
Spiro Agnew
. . .
and A bird with just one wing.
. . .
no
I had it right
at first
like a bird
with just one wing
way up high on
a telephone wire
and I know
sooner or later I’m
gonna get hungry
and it’s a hell
of a long way
down
I think I’ve got it
worked out
though
I just gotta glide
fucker.

Both poems are on the dark side, but also some humor shows through the pathos. This poet kind of reminds me of Denis Hale if someone had finally thrown a net over him and hauled him off.

Go read this new guy and see what you think!

New Poems Review

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are several poem out this day by The Mystery Valiant...
Pounded
Temper
Rainbow Realm

To Left Feet by lostandfounder Tie two birds together and though they have four wings they can not fly <grin> (~_~) I enjoy this poets style.

Battersea by Vampiredust a unique lullaby (~_~) <grin

have a great 4th of july weekend and happy Independence Day for those in America where Independence and Freedom rule <grin... paving the way for the rest of the world to follow. 'How Poetic' ;)

Back