Considering becoming a volunteer editor

The Editor’s Forum is for authors and editors to discuss issues related to editing stories. People are forgetting this. It's not a place for personal arguments, attacks, or discussions not related to editing stories.

Therefore, beginning November 15, 2012, the following threads will be moved to a more suitable forum.

• any new off-topic threads

• any old threads bumped that do not discuss editing

• any threads that become more than 50% off-topic

Then start deleting your friend's snarky posts and maybe the forum will clear up. Because this thread when started very much belongs here, but someone deralied it

The same someone who repeatedly insults the VE program citing not one editor here is qualified to edit except himself of course.

Yet he posts here constantly.

In memory of Ladycybelle I am going to share something she said in a om to me a little over a year ago when she was still able to pop in here and there.

She said one of the things that frustrated her most with her health in regards to lit was that with her unable to be here the forum had gone downhill badly and all because of pilot and your refusal to treat him the way you do others. with her gone he has run amok and destroyed this forum and you let him.

Just thought that should be put out there. If anyone else has the inclination to do so they can post here and agree with me because I know many feel the same way.

But something tells me this will be another time where I speak what's on other minds, but am the only one to speak it.

Want the EH to be a better place? Put the king of snark in his place.

Then start deleting your friend's snarky posts and maybe the forum will clear up. Because this thread when started very much belongs here, but someone deralied it

The same someone who repeatedly insults the VE program citing not one editor here is qualified to edit except himself of course.

Yet he posts here constantly.

In memory of Ladycybelle I am going to share something she said in a om to me a little over a year ago when she was still able to pop in here and there.

She said one of the things that frustrated her most with her health in regards to lit was that with her unable to be here the forum had gone downhill badly andxc all because of pilot and your refusal to treat him the way you do others. with her gone he has run amok and destroyed this forum and you let him.

Just thought that should be put out there. If anyone else has the inclination to do so they can post here and agree with me because I know many feel the same way.

But something tells me this will be another time where I speak what's on other minds, but am the only one to speak it.

Want the EH to be a better place? Put the king of snark in his place.

Snark is not one of the forum guidelines. I cannot remove a post just because someone's reply is snarky.

Oh come on, pilot's first reply here was off-topic, snarky, and well he was whining again. He never even addressed the OP. JBJ, for as mean as he was, actually answered the guy, and so did I.

Oh come on, pilot's first reply here was off-topic, snarky, and well he was whining again. He never even addressed the OP. JBJ, for as mean as he was, actually answered the guy, and so did I.

Thanks for your comments.

If being snarky was grounds for deletion, JBJ's post #2 would have been deleted and all of these lovely people wouldn't have had an opportunity to themselves prove out my post #3. ;)

If being snarky was grounds for deletion, JBJ's post #2 would have been deleted and all of these lovely people wouldn't have had an opportunity to themselves prove out my post #3. ;)

This thread wasn't started so you could prove anything, you dense motherfucker, move on already.

Volunteering

Before you volunteer you are going to need to enable your private messages.

Assuming the OP hasn't run screaming into the night. :D But it's a good point.

Volunteer editing

In order to be a volunteer editor you will need to enable your private message function.

Back