Bandit's Blurt and Vent Thread

Whew....family in Christchurch NZ all ok after 7.4 magnitude earthquake early this morning :eek:

There's no power, water or sewerage and a few things ended up on the floor but they got off lightly, there's a lot of structural damage in other places but no fatalities reported so far. The mayor has declared a state of emergency and the cleanup will be huge.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4094986/Massive-7-4-quake-hits-South-Island

Glad everyone is ok. I saw that in the news and thought of you.

{{{{{{Bandit}}}}}} :kiss::heart:
Oh my. I don't know about a knee reconstruction, but I do know about replacement. My mom has had both knees done. Even if the surgery has no problem there is a lot of Physical Therapy that needs to be done for it to be a success. ~ She is fine ~ But she did throw a blood clot after the first one. Yes it is risky. You are both in my prayers. You may want to start looking now for a place that would suit your needs that is on one floor. :)

I know I got hand controls for my van years before I had to have them, as it was only a matter of time. Then when my MS created too much spasticity in my legs I was already using them. My arms, hands etc have no problem.

Kayte, It is a replacement that is need in my knee. :( & this was my better knee as the other one has already been told needs a replacement years ago but because I was to young at that time they wouldn't do it & I think because I favor the left it has taken it's toll on the right knee which is the trouble one now.

When I was housed here it my application said ground floor access only but here I am on the first floor with 20 plus stairs to climb down & up.

My cousin has MS & has had a couple of bad experiencses with the loss of use of limbs but recovered each time with no real problems with mobility for the last 15 years.

Whew....family in Christchurch NZ all ok after 7.4 magnitude earthquake early this morning :eek:

There's no power, water or sewerage and a few things ended up on the floor but they got off lightly, there's a lot of structural damage in other places but no fatalities reported so far. The mayor has declared a state of emergency and the cleanup will be huge.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4094986/Massive-7-4-quake-hits-South-Island

I am so happy to hear they are ok! Sending thoughts and prayers in that direction.

Kayte, It is a replacement that is need in my knee. :( & this was my better knee as the other one has already been told needs a replacement years ago but because I was to young at that time they wouldn't do it & I think because I favor the left it has taken it's toll on the right knee which is the trouble one now.

When I was housed here it my application said ground floor access only but here I am on the first floor with 20 plus stairs to climb down & up.

My cousin has MS & has had a couple of bad experiencses with the loss of use of limbs but recovered each time with no real problems with mobility for the last 15 years.

{{{{{{{Gil}}}}}}} :kiss: :heart:

I am so sorry to hear they wouldn't do that first one earlier. :( I'm confused sweetie. Ground floor access and 20 stairs? I mean I know some things are different in Oz than they are in the states but...:confused:

I am so happy to hear your cousin has recovered with no real problems. :D
Crossing my fingers he continues that way.

I am so happy to hear they are ok! Sending thoughts and prayers in that direction.

Thanks kayte :rose:
Brother sent a message yesterday evening to say they had power back on and water in the taps again. Apparently they are on the "lucky side" of the city which wasn't as badly hit as the CBD and other side. But they are being told to boil drinking water because some of the sewerage lines have broken.

On another note, I rang my son this morning. He told me that the migraines he's been having for a few years now have been diagnosed as depression :( He asked me if there was any sign of that in the family....I told him I'd been depressed when his sister was born and also in the years leading up to the breakup of the marriage between his father and me. I seem to remember my dad having some "black moods" at times too.

We had a good talk, he's started on antidepressants (half dose) and is having his first counselling session tomorrow, mainly to work out some coping strategies for when he feels like the world is getting on top of him (yes I know the feeling). He's told me not to worry, that he will get through it and he's not going to do anything silly.

So I'm off now to do some googling. :eek:

{{{{{{{Gil}}}}}}} :kiss: :heart:

I am so sorry to hear they wouldn't do that first one earlier. :( I'm confused sweetie. Ground floor access and 20 stairs? I mean I know some things are different in Oz than they are in the states but...:confused:

I am so happy to hear your cousin has recovered with no real problems. :D
Crossing my fingers he continues that way.

Kayte, I was just as confused but it was a case of take the 20 step place or keep paying non subsidised rent & that couldn't happen on my pension so it was take what I could get.

BANDIT's:heart: brother text recieved a while ago said they just had a aftershock level 5!

Kayte, I was just as confused but it was a case of take the 20 step place or keep paying non subsidised rent & that couldn't happen on my pension so it was take what I could get.

BANDIT's:heart: brother text recieved a while ago said they just had a aftershock level 5!

{{{{{Gil}}}}}}} :kiss::heart:

That sucks hon! :mad: :( Hope you have your name in for a place that is truly accessible.

That is a nasty aftershock. :eek: Hope no one was injured in that one.

Thanks kayte :rose:
Brother sent a message yesterday evening to say they had power back on and water in the taps again. Apparently they are on the "lucky side" of the city which wasn't as badly hit as the CBD and other side. But they are being told to boil drinking water because some of the sewerage lines have broken.

On another note, I rang my son this morning. He told me that the migraines he's been having for a few years now have been diagnosed as depression :( He asked me if there was any sign of that in the family....I told him I'd been depressed when his sister was born and also in the years leading up to the breakup of the marriage between his father and me. I seem to remember my dad having some "black moods" at times too.

We had a good talk, he's started on antidepressants (half dose) and is having his first counselling session tomorrow, mainly to work out some coping strategies for when he feels like the world is getting on top of him (yes I know the feeling). He's told me not to worry, that he will get through it and he's not going to do anything silly.

So I'm off now to do some googling. :eek:

{{{{{{Bandit}}}}} :kiss::heart:

Hope the aftershock Gil mentioned hasn't taken away any of the services your brother had.

Sorry to hear your son is dealing with that. I'm happy to hear he is getting some attention with regards to medication and counseling. I will say an extra prayer for him too. :rose:

Hope you found what you were looking for with google. :D

Hand a phone call from Mum today, they're still getting aftershocks and it's possible they could continue having those for 3 more months :eek: Things are mostly back to normal (for them, as they were in one of the least hit suburbs) but Mum's not putting things back on the walls until the aftershocks stop she says :D

We are doing ok. Sir had an ultrasound of His fistula yesterday and it still looks ok, so fingers crossed we won't have to have the procedure for a while longer. He did a 12 hour dialysis on Monday which is not something we like to do too often but He had a 2 day break and had quite a bit of fluid on (just over 4 litres :eek: ) If we do the longer time the rate the fluid comes off per hour is less and it's easier on His body. It just means a bit of fluffing around in the middle with changing the bibag on the machine and adding extra figures into the display. So we know we can do this if we need to :)

Tomorrow is shopping, a doctor visit and we also need to buy a new heater....ours only has one working element now but it's lasted two winters of almost continuous use - not bad for $20 :)

Bandit- glad everyone is ok in NZ. Those aftershocks sound intense. Sorry to hear about your son but it sounds like he is on the right track for getting better.

Gil- 4 liters! Yikes! I hope things went well with the dr.

Hi Kayte!

Hi Everyone else!

I am recovering slowly from surgery. Got another complication ugh, so I am in week 8 going on week 5, lol! Yesterday was the 2nd Friday night not spent in a medical facility, yahoo I am on a roll!

Bandit- glad everyone is ok in NZ. Those aftershocks sound intense. Sorry to hear about your son but it sounds like he is on the right track for getting better.

Hi Kayte!

Hi Everyone else!

I am recovering slowly from surgery. Got another complication ugh, so I am in week 8 going on week 5, lol! Yesterday was the 2nd Friday night not spent in a medical facility, yahoo I am on a roll!

I hope your in for a lot more friday nights doing what you want rather than being in a medical facility.

Bandit's:heart: family had yet another sizable 4.3 after shock today & all remain OK.

Last edited:

Hi Kayte!

Hi Everyone else!

Hi Noor :rose: Here's hoping you continue being on a roll :kiss:

Sir has now changed medical centres - again. The one we have been going to for the last couple of years makes us wait too bloody long even if you have an appointment :mad: TWO HOURS or longer one time. Unbelievable when we made the appointment the week before and there seemed to be people walking in off the street and being seen before us!

So He's now going to one just down the road and up around the corner which has been up and running for the past few months. There's a pharmacy attached to it too for convenience.

I'll probably continue going to the other one, just because the female doctor I've been seeing for my menopausal crap is very good.

Hi Noor :rose: Here's hoping you continue being on a roll :kiss:

Sir has now changed medical centres - again. The one we have been going to for the last couple of years makes us wait too bloody long even if you have an appointment :mad: TWO HOURS or longer one time. Unbelievable when we made the appointment the week before and there seemed to be people walking in off the street and being seen before us!

So He's now going to one just down the road and up around the corner which has been up and running for the past few months. There's a pharmacy attached to it too for convenience.

I'll probably continue going to the other one, just because the female doctor I've been seeing for my menopausal crap is very good.

Yes I BLURTED & VENTED big time as I went there this morning & was told I'd have to wait an hour & half to be seen for one script (a couple of minutes at most seeing it's all done on PC now, quicker with the old way of pen & paper) so they say make an appointment for larer today so I say OK then appointment time nears & I'm back early 1.15pm I'm there for my 1.30pm appointment & get told I'l have to wait a minimum of 1 hour maybe 2 so I lost it & told them that was it never again would I put up with an hour or 2 for appointments for a fucking GP who wants to charge for people who are late for their appointments! WTF! :mad::confused::eek:

Yes I BLURTED & VENTED big time as I went there this morning & was told I'd have to wait an hour & half to be seen for one script (a couple of minutes at most seeing it's all done on PC now, quicker with the old way of pen & paper) so they say make an appointment for larer today so I say OK then appointment time nears & I'm back early 1.15pm I'm there for my 1.30pm appointment & get told I'l have to wait a minimum of 1 hour maybe 2 so I lost it & told them that was it never again would I put up with an hour or 2 for appointments for a fucking GP who wants to charge for people who are late for their appointments! WTF! :mad::confused::eek:

Wow! I once had to wait that long because of a office manager mess up, when I finally saw the dr and he asked what I thought he should do, I said "fire her"

So was this long wait at the new place or the old one.

I hope things get better.
I am healing, though slowly. Finally starting to be able to wear some of my previous clothes again. Sleep is different.

The long wait was at our previous medical practice. We've been going there for about 2 years and the quality of the service has declined markedly.

Hopefully the new one will be better - it's within walking distance (for me!) :p

Busy weekend coming up with speedway starting and a visit to a speedway museum on Sunday. Sir will be glad to spend Monday in bed, even if it's attached to a machine ;)

Wow! I once had to wait that long because of a office manager mess up, when I finally saw the dr and he asked what I thought he should do, I said "fire her"

So was this long wait at the new place or the old one.

I hope things get better.
I am healing, though slowly. Finally starting to be able to wear some of my previous clothes again. Sleep is different.

I'm glad your healing even though it's slow it's still healing.

Sleep for me is a weird thing as it's normally between 3am & 5am that I start getting tired & then it's only a few hours I get some sleep.

We have been having a few difficulties with cannulation so Sir is having a fistulagram and a ballooning on Thursday. Better to get it done now before it totally craps out :eek:

His appointment with the renal doc went well and He doesn't have to go back for another 7 weeks :)

Also had a phone call from my son the other day, he's doing well with the counselling and has even joined Facebook to get himself more socially active. It's not that he doesn't have friends it's that he's hesitant to "bother" them if he wants to go out for coffee and such. Oh boy is he like me!

We have been having a few difficulties with cannulation so Sir is having a fistulagram and a ballooning on Thursday. Better to get it done now before it totally craps out :eek:

His appointment with the renal doc went well and He doesn't have to go back for another 7 weeks :)

Also had a phone call from my son the other day, he's doing well with the counselling and has even joined Facebook to get himself more socially active. It's not that he doesn't have friends it's that he's hesitant to "bother" them if he wants to go out for coffee and such. Oh boy is he like me!

{{{{{{{Bandit}}}}}}} :kiss::heart:

Hope the procedures on Thursday resolve the issues for Him. Glad to hear things went well with the renal doc! :D

Hope the facebook gives your son the comfortable way to become more social. Nice to hear the counseling is having a good result.

I'm not around much is I've been getting PT three days a week and I don't always get to the computer after I get home.

I do think about you and Gil even when I'm not around on Lit. :kiss:

The fistulagram went well but I still had issues with cannulation yesterday. A quick trip to the hospital soon solved things (I was scared to push the needle too hard but the nurse had Sir hold His arm in a different position and she got both in no probs). We will try that on Monday *fingers toes and everything crossed*

Speedway called off due to rain so we get the night off. We now have to park the car a long way from where I sit so if it does rain I can guarantee I will get a lot wetter than I used to :mad: New management and their stupid ideas!

After Friday's dramas Sir is safely on the machine for the next 7 hours :cattail:

It's raining (again) so He's in the best place, warm comfy bed - and getting waited on between sleeps! ;)

{{{{{{{Bandit & Gil}}}}}}} :kiss::heart:

Hope things continue to go well getting him on the machine. I'm so sorry to hear the track "management" acting like a bunch of turds! :mad:

Love your tribblecat! :D

Back