What's for dinner?

Today was hubby Will's first day back on red meat, but instead of the disgustingly half-raw, bloody steaks he's so fond of, I thought I'd better ease him back into it with a traditional English roast, so I made leg of Welsh lamb roasted in hay, marjoram, and Rosemary, with broccoli, glazed carrots, crispy roasted King Edward potatoes, and steamed red cabbage, with my own quince jelly and mint gravy, and an apple-plum cobbler with hot custard for dessert.

I'm on my way over now :D
 
Felt like crap all day so I've slept off and on all day.
Just woke up at 7:30 pm, popped some hot wings in the microwave because I'm starving!

Kids are fending for themselves. Good kids.
 
Reminds me of our holiday. In New Zealand looking in a souvenir shop and there's a stuffed kiwi. New Zealand's native bird and its protected, of course I ask my partner how do you eat kiwis and he starts laughing. Turns out he's reading a book on Chinese culture and the bit he just read goes "the first question a Chinese person asks on meeting anything new is to ask what it tastes like."

Almost 20 years ago the family visited a camel farm near Alice Springs (tourist attraction) an elderly Chinese Lady asked the stockman very seriously, "Can you eat him?"

Stockman thought - slowly, "I s'pose so, but it hurts like hell when you bite 'em.

Lady confused, "Why?"

Stockman, "Cos the last bastard I tried kicked me in the nuts."

Lady nodded her understanding "ahhh"

Neither party even cracked a smile, humour's even drier than the desert out there.
 
Some halved cherry tomatoes that have been lightly fried/heated in the frying pan, fresh mozzarella cheese and toasted crusty bread. To go along with that, last night anyway, a great espanish red wine that my wife picked out, can't remember the name. All eaten out on the screened in deck.

M&Ms for desert.
 
Bison burger (home made as in I bought and I'm cooking them) with baked potatoes and Waldorf salad.
 
Bison burgers are fabulous. :)

Given current events, I kinda wish I was saying "Trump Steaks" (eaten well-done with ketchup like some damnable heathen, natch) but there are certain boundaries.
 
Bison burgers are fabulous. :)

Given current events, I kinda wish I was saying "Trump Steaks" (eaten well-done with ketchup like some damnable heathen, natch) but there are certain boundaries.

They are (the bison burgers). Huge ones on buns with melted cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, sliced beet, a fried egg and mayonnaise. Can you tell I'm hungry!
 
My youngest daughter and me have signed up to volunteer at a church a couple blocks away, I'm on disability and she is homeschooled due to Graves disease, asthma, and severe allergies, so we're home all day every day usually and have free time.
We don't go to church but I know the woman that runs the volunteer program and they are desperate for volunteers.
Anyway we were up there talking about the volunteer program and they had a dinner for us. They had a salad bar so that's what I had. I try so hard to eat a low carb diet because I am borderline diabetic and my body does better with high protein and low(almost no) carbs.

They also had soup in sourdough bread bowls but I passed on that despite loving sourdough bread! My body does not love it sadly. My daughter had some and said it was delicious!

Anyway saved me from the kitchen tonight. The other kids have take out pizza :D
 
Huge ones on buns with melted cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, sliced beet, a fried egg and mayonnaise. Can you tell I'm hungry!

Right there with you. :D

drool.gif
 
Bison burgers are fabulous. :)

Given current events, I kinda wish I was saying "Trump Steaks" (eaten well-done with ketchup like some damnable heathen, natch) but there are certain boundaries.

That would be white meat. Try it with a substantial white wine; Torrontes comes to mind.

Here it will be Swiss steak--probably my wife's favorite meal. The only reason we don't have it ALL the time is that we both enjoy variety in dining.
 
Arby's.

But I'm really pissed that they discontinued the Greek Gyros. Seriously? Discontinue the real thing and keep roast beef and turkey? Turkey Gyros???? That's like turkey Reubens. CLUEPON: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A TURKEY GYRO OR TURKEY REUBEN.

Nor is there any such thing as white chicken chili. That's just spicey cream of chicken. Got nothin' to do with chili.
 
Did Arby's ever serve something that could be construed as actual Greek Gyros? I would be shocked. Pleasantly so, but still, shocked.

Dinner tonight is eggs and pancakes with chocolate sauce and a side of veggies, I think. And people will tell me "that's not dinner food" and I'll yell: "FREEDOM!"

giphy.gif
 
Did Arby's ever serve something that could be construed as actual Greek Gyros? I would be shocked. Pleasantly so, but still, shocked.

They did, recently. For a "Limited time" they had real Gyro meat and TZatziki. Then they cancelled it after three weeks and went back to roast beef and turkey. But that's not Gyros. That's roast beef and turkey on a pita.
 
Did Arby's ever serve something that could be construed as actual Greek Gyros? I would be shocked. Pleasantly so, but still, shocked.

Dinner tonight is eggs and pancakes with chocolate sauce and a side of veggies, I think. And people will tell me "that's not dinner food" and I'll yell: "FREEDOM!"

giphy.gif

My best friend lives in Amsterdam.One night she asked me what I was making for dinner and I told her biscuits and gravy. She said that's not dinner! She doesn't understand how we can call that a meal.
 
Curried salmon chunks and diced vegetables with pasta. I'm not sure what the man of the house is going to say when he sees it coz it's totally improvised on the fly with whatever was lying around. I've never heard of curried salmon before and I'm not looking until afterwards. It smells good though.
 
I've never heard of curried salmon before and I'm not looking until afterwards. It smells good though.

Almost anything is improved by being curried. I would honestly curry bacon if I thought I could get away with it...

....

Hmmm...
 
Back
Top