The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they're a man, and thus entitled to it. And any woman that rejects them is either a lesbian (obviously used derisively in their minds, unless said lesbian is letting said guy watch them when another lesbian, in which case it instantly becomes okay!), or a stuck-up bitch. Because who could possibly not want to fuck them? It's incomprehensible!

More than a few times I've had to play fake boyfriend to friends of mine when out, because it's just easier for them to be on my arm than it is to fend off people who apparently forgot to evolve past apes.

And yet, never once have I needed one of my friends to act like they're with me. Crazy.

I used to be called the "pitbull" when out friends because they would get hit on, and quite rudely, by guys (me being a larger woman, it did not happen to as often, and quite honestly, my "don't fuck with me" attitude probably contributed to it too)... but my friends were not quite as.. well, they were alot more willowy than me, and did not have that particular attitude, so yeah, they would get hit on, touched, groped, by random guys, those same guys SB so aptly describes. Well, I was the pitbull, and had no problem telling them to fuck off, get lost, whatever.

SB, it would have been great to have You there to help out, that's for sure.. LMAO...

Given that we were partying in Boston, it never surprised me in the least bit when the rude, obnoxious guys just came out of the woodwork. They certainly outnumbered the nice guys....

I understand the pitbull mentality. It certainly works for me.

It only takes one male to touch me in an inappropriate way and I get...evil.
I have been put out of clubs for my use of extreme and forceful measures.

*shrugs*

Hell, I have been put out of gay bars since certain types of lesbians have a hard time understanding the connotations of the word NO.

I understand the pitbull mentality. It certainly works for me.

It only takes one male to touch me in an inappropriate way and I get...evil.
I have been put out of clubs for my use of extreme and forceful measures.

*shrugs*

Hell, I have been put out of gay bars since certain types of lesbians have a hard time understanding the connotations of the word NO.

I've discovered certain gay guys do, as well.

*and hugs the wise and wonderful wolf*

I've discovered certain gay guys do, as well.

*and hugs the wise and wonderful wolf*

For me, because I look so feminine and because I am so short...I seem to get those girls who THINK they should have some testosterone...

*shrugs*

Ima boi. I don't care. It causes... issues. *smirks*

*cuddles in for a nice long hug*

I used to be called the "pitbull" when out friends because they would get hit on, and quite rudely, by guys (me being a larger woman, it did not happen to as often, and quite honestly, my "don't fuck with me" attitude probably contributed to it too)... but my friends were not quite as.. well, they were alot more willowy than me, and did not have that particular attitude, so yeah, they would get hit on, touched, groped, by random guys, those same guys SB so aptly describes. Well, I was the pitbull, and had no problem telling them to fuck off, get lost, whatever.

SB, it would have been great to have You there to help out, that's for sure.. LMAO...

Given that we were partying in Boston, it never surprised me in the least bit when the rude, obnoxious guys just came out of the woodwork. They certainly outnumbered the nice guys....

Sounds very familiar.

I used to love going out with friends but I hated it almost as much as you just knew it would end in trouble for one of the party. Growing up with brothers, and other events of my youth, meant I knew how to handle myself so I was usually our informal security.

We would invariably end up in the 'Gay Village' in Manchester because it was - generally - safer than going to straight bars, especially with two of our party being very obviously gay young men and not the toughest.
That said, I will admit to having to use friends as 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stand ins when the word 'no' didn't quite do the job for me.

It's sad.

Sounds very familiar.

I used to love going out with friends but I hated it almost as much as you just knew it would end in trouble for one of the party. Growing up with brothers, and other events of my youth, meant I knew how to handle myself so I was usually our informal security.

We would invariably end up in the 'Gay Village' in Manchester because it was - generally - safer than going to straight bars, especially with two of our party being very obviously gay young men and not the toughest.
That said, I will admit to having to use friends as 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stand ins when the word 'no' didn't quite do the job for me.

It's sad.

When I'm back home, there's a lesbian bar we go to if we go out, because everyone in our group is just more comfortable there.

But Jesus. How absurd that women have to actually worry about where they go because of how the people there will treat them. The only time I've ever stopped to actually consider whether or not I should go somewhere is when there was an increased risk I could be shot, not because some jackass wouldn't know what the word "no" means.

People suck.

When I'm back home, there's a lesbian bar we go to if we go out, because everyone in our group is just more comfortable there.

But Jesus. How absurd that women have to actually worry about where they go because of how the people there will treat them. The only time I've ever stopped to actually consider whether or not I should go somewhere is when there was an increased risk I could be shot, not because some jackass wouldn't know what the word "no" means.

People suck.

Fortunately though not all people suck. Just some.

shrugs with a sad sigh

...but it's surprising how many of the sucky ones you do come across!

People suck.

No because there are PLENTY of men/women who would NEVER think to approach someone in a disrespectful, ignorant way.

It's just certain people with too much to drink. (or hell certain people with a sense of entitlement)

No because there are PLENTY of men/women who would NEVER think to approach someone in a disrespectful, ignorant way.

It's just certain people with too much to drink. (or hell certain people with a sense of entitlement)

Oh yeah, absolutely.

Hell, I'm unlikely to approach someone I don't even know.. I am not so great at the approach-random-girl-in-a-bar-and-start-chatting-her-up thing, much better at making dumb jokes with women I have some reason to actually be talking to. Friends of friends, people at work, that sort of thing.

But, I wish we could blame it on just alcohol. Too many people do that shit stone cold sober. Some people just feel like their wants trump the need of others.

Oh yeah, absolutely.

Hell, I'm unlikely to approach someone I don't even know.. I am not so great at the approach-random-girl-in-a-bar-and-start-chatting-her-up thing, much better at making dumb jokes with women I have some reason to actually be talking to. Friends of friends, people at work, that sort of thing.

But, I wish we could blame it on just alcohol. Too many people do that shit stone cold sober. Some people just feel like their wants trump the need of others.

I am the opposite.

I will (and have) talk up anyone~no matter race, religion, sexual orientation...

*grins*

BUT I know how to keep my hands to myself...and I KNOW how to take a joking NO and abide by it...so that the person never feels like they have to be wary of me.

I nominate this for a new Olympic event.

I want a medal in this event...

LT: I cant participate in this conversation, not really. I've only been out in bar/club/something Less than a handful of times and the only time ive encountered anything like what you have been discussing was handed with "Dad, your drunken friend is trying to buy me cake and reproduce with me on the table!". Then again, I grew up in a firehouse as the daughter of the head pig in charge.

I am the opposite.

I will (and have) talk up anyone~no matter race, religion, sexual orientation...

*grins*

BUT I know how to keep my hands to myself...and I KNOW how to take a joking NO and abide by it...so that the person never feels like they have to be wary of me.

It's something I've gotten better at as I've grown older - in high school, it would almost never happen - but it's still fairly rare that it reaches a flirting level. I've certainly never reached a point where I felt like a girl was trying to extract herself from a situation I put her in, or had to get stern with me to make me go away.

But, also, if I'm out with friends, I'm generally looking to spend time with the people I know I like, and not people I don't even know.

I want a medal in this event...

LT: I cant participate in this conversation, not really. I've only been out in bar/club/something Less than a handful of times and the only time ive encountered anything like what you have been discussing was handed with "Dad, your drunken friend is trying to buy me cake and reproduce with me on the table!". Then again, I grew up in a firehouse as the daughter of the head pig in charge.

I fucking love you...

*nods and nods and nods, like a damned cute bobble headed boi*

It's something I've gotten better at as I've grown older - in high school, it would almost never happen - but it's still fairly rare that it reaches a flirting level. I've certainly never reached a point where I felt like a girl was trying to extract herself from a situation I put her in, or had to get stern with me to make me go away.

But, also, if I'm out with friends, I'm generally looking to spend time with the people I know I like, and not people I don't even know.

I am the same...if I am out with someone then I tend to stick with that person or people however..I am a bit flirty and if I go out alone...at some point I am talking to about 20 people I don't know, have never met before and will probably never see again...

JUST cuz it's fun.

The restorative properties of a hot shower and a close shave are still miraculous to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back