feminine names.

noonenew

Really Experienced
I'm having trouble picking out a feminine name...

So... any transgendered/crossdressing guys with feminine monikers care to help out?

How did you pick out your feminine name? Is it just a feminization of your masculine/given name, or is it something completely different? I've toyed with a few, but none seem to ring true to me. My given name is Joseph (Joe), so I've considered Jojo, Joey, and Josie, but none of these seem feminine enough.. Any suggestions..? Maybe don't try to go with a derivative of my given name..?

i am going with Tiffany and had i been born female thats what my name would of been! ask your parents what your female name would of been if they haven't already told you!

Anastasia, Clorabelle, Symphonique, Delarthia, Alabaster, Silky, Myrrth, Serenise... Yea, it's easier to find a female name than a male one...

Let us know what you decide upon.

Tymeless said:
i am going with Tiffany and had i been born female thats what my name would of been! ask your parents what your female name would of been if they haven't already told you!

they wanted a girl when I was born... they never told me what name they would've given me, probably Joy.

thats a pretty name not sure what my parents wanted but maybe one day i'll out myself to them i'm tired of the lying to the world and myself but finding the right time and way to tell your parents is hard!

Tymeless said:
thats a pretty name not sure what my parents wanted but maybe one day i'll out myself to them i'm tired of the lying to the world and myself but finding the right time and way to tell your parents is hard!

I couldn't have explained it any better...

Oh, and my "guy" name was Joseph Travis. The names of both my great Grandfathers. And now I call myself Sophie-Paige. My Greatgrandmother's name was "Sophia" and I just liked the name Paige.
Hope that helps some! :D

bordendazed said:
Anastasia, Clorabelle, Symphonique, Delarthia, Alabaster, Silky, Myrrth, Serenise... Yea, it's easier to find a female name than a male one...
Please tell me, was this a joke? It just seems that way somehow. I can't see anybody choosing those names, cis-girl or t-girl.

My mom has said I would have been Michael if I had been born a boy, so that probably what I would go with. I like the idea of feminizing the male name, but that's not always feasible...I think using the same first initial is also appealing.

One thing I would caution against is picking something too exotic...in my mind it calls too much attention. Likewise, if you are 40+ years old, don't choose a modern-style name that only little children have currently. Dakota, Kenadie, Brynne...these are all names coined in recent years, and in 30 years Dakotas and Kenadies will be running the nation, but 30-40+ years ago they were just about unheard of.

Etoile said:
One thing I would caution against is picking something too exotic...in my mind it calls too much attention. Likewise, if you are 40+ years old, don't choose a modern-style name that only little children have currently. Dakota, Kenadie, Brynne...these are all names coined in recent years, and in 30 years Dakotas and Kenadies will be running the nation, but 30-40+ years ago they were just about unheard of.

Of course.

I shudder at the thought of a bunch of Dakotas, Kenadies, Mackenzies, etc. running the nation. :rolleyes:

Well, I go by Desiree, tho if I went by my femme boy name, I'd be Danielle. I chose Desiree because when I started chatting on IRC back in 1990 (yes Im OLD!) there was already a Danielle in the ##Crossdress room. Id say pick k whatever name you like - whenelse do you get a chance to name yourself? :)

I like Julia too.

I have a friend named Joanna, and we call her Jo. That's almost a unisex name.

google "girl baby names" and you will find dozens of lists of hundreds of names to choose from. personally i'd look for "irish girl baby names".

A email correspondent of mine named Joe picked the name Julie.

It started with a "J" and he also was infatuated with a "Julie" in high school and so he took her name.

I chose "Mena" after a girl I also was friends with for quite some time. I also have a pair of her jeans and panties and they fit me perfectly, so..I went with Mena..

Good luck!

Mena

I'm having trouble picking out a feminine name...

So... any transgendered/crossdressing guys with feminine monikers care to help out?

How did you pick out your feminine name? Is it just a feminization of your masculine/given name, or is it something completely different? I've toyed with a few, but none seem to ring true to me. My given name is Joseph (Joe), so I've considered Jojo, Joey, and Josie, but none of these seem feminine enough.. Any suggestions..? Maybe don't try to go with a derivative of my given name..?

I always thought of myself as amanda-jayne. I like the nick names , mands, mandy, aj etc.

I always liked the names sarah-jane, lesley-jane, and had a soft spot for allyson and jennifer

whatever you choose will suit you

mandy x

How did you pick out your feminine name? Is it just a feminization of your masculine/given name, or is it something completely different? I've toyed with a few, but none seem to ring true to me. Any suggestions..? Maybe don't try to go with a derivative of my given name..?

What about Peyton?

I have a guy I play with online who I let call me Tina.

I'm just going to toss a few out there:
Anabelle, Gabriel, Michelle, Carla, Josalin, Megan, Venessa, Violet, Tio

Back