As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but see "harry johnson" as the last person to post in here.

His name sits there staring right back at me. Ugly thoughts.

If he disrespects you, Sweep, I will be here in a swoop and, who knows.

"nurse, my leg is really sore. If you nothing else to do, could you please rub it"?

"IF you have nothing else to do" - HA!

I missed this thread. How have you all been?

I still have a sick mind (not that I thought that would ever change). Today I got to up-size a gastrostomy button on a peds patient - not something a CNA is supposed to do on my unit, but the RN I was working with likes to teach, and I wasn't about to complain. So she tells me, "push gently but firmly and hold the pressure, eventually it will pop through." And when it did, my first thought was, "oh, just like anal." I kept that thought to myself. :rolleyes:

I still have a sick mind (not that I thought that would ever change). Today I got to up-size a gastrostomy button on a peds patient - not something a CNA is supposed to do on my unit, but the RN I was working with likes to teach, and I wasn't about to complain. So she tells me, "push gently but firmly and hold the pressure, eventually it will pop through." And when it did, my first thought was, "oh, just like anal." I kept that thought to myself. :rolleyes:

As your patient - it's exactly what I want to hear....

Greetings and salutations from a village on narcotics! All I have to say is damn what a fucked up day.

Greetings and salutations from a village on narcotics! All I have to say is damn what a fucked up day.

I was watching a special on the dangers of prescription meds - and this one guy is going on about how he died but was brought back to life and expressed total surprise as to what happened - so I am thinking Maybe he had a vicodin and a few beers... And when asked what he took

He says "I only had 4-5 beers, 3 or 4 shots and 8 (80's) oxycotins"

I laughed!

What's up people? Who loves the cold? That's some therapeutic hypothermia cold brrrrrrr

I just clocked out. Now what?

What's up people? Who loves the cold? That's some therapeutic hypothermia cold brrrrrrr

I just clocked out. Now what?

You csn come run calls with me. As tight as it is in the back of an ambulance I am sure my rubbing against you will warm you up

What's up girl? I was wondering where you've been. There is this one tech on the unit that changes all my pressure wound dressings for me. Our nursing director walked in one time while he was doing a leg dressing-- she didn't ask me any questions and he kept working. At first I thought: Great, we are busted lol, but all was well! He even measured it for me. I need him in my work life.

I can't imagine upsizing a G tube! Scary! I've never done that.

I feel so protected. sweep sweep sweep
It feels so good.

Hypothermia protocol is kinda cool-- you know the patient is trying to spike a fever when the cooling water starts dropping. It's fighting to keep 32 degrees C against the body. I think that's interesting.

No shivering allowed.

Yes I do. I also have a jacuzzi that has 400 gallons of 105 degrees F of water with jets that will massage all of your sore spots as well...
Is that safe? I just washed up in the rusty well water real fast. I should put some salt in the treatment system but that requires carrying these heavy bags into the scary basement. I also need nylon stockings to wear over my face and head to go down there so the spiders don't nest in my eyelashes and hair.

Is that safe? I just washed up in the rusty well water real fast. I should put some salt in the treatment system but that requires carrying these heavy bags into the scary basement. I also need nylon stockings to wear over my face and head to go down there so the spiders don't nest in my eyelashes and hair.

My child, do you live in a cave? Please come see me and enjoy some of what the 21st century has to offer :)

Re: hot tub temp.... It can get to 108 F and I have never suffered. Though I wouldn't suggest too many hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps at that temp....

What's up girl? I was wondering where you've been. There is this one tech on the unit that changes all my pressure wound dressings for me. Our nursing director walked in one time while he was doing a leg dressing-- she didn't ask me any questions and he kept working. At first I thought: Great, we are busted lol, but all was well! He even measured it for me. I need him in my work life.

I can't imagine upsizing a G tube! Scary! I've never done that.

Somebody has been keeping me busy. ;) I need to change my username. :D

Upsizing g tubes is pretty normal for us - most of our patients will need them for their whole lives, and if the tract is too small it can close if the tube comes out and it isn't noticed right away. Particularly in the kids. In fact that's exactly what happened with this kid - three nights ago his tube balloon sprung a leak and the tube slid out. It wasn't noticed for a few hours, and the tract had shrunk, so they had to put in a smaller one and go back up slowly. This was the last one, back to his normal 16 fr.

I think less than 25% of my patients can eat at all, and even fewer get all their nutrition orally. G- and j-tubes are par for the course.

I've been reading through some of the posts from the last few weeks. It's good to be back - you guys are (still) hilarious! :heart:

Thank you to the ED nurse who gave me a new phrase and a chuckle today. She said the ED was "hotter than love" and it was.

Oh believe me, you don't want to be my patient - my patients are all severely cognitively disabled. They don't walk or talk, or even roll over without help.

In that case, I will stay on the elevator and get off on another floor. Hopefully, things will be better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back