Have editor/looking for two Romance beta readers

DFWBeast

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 19, 2012
Posts
216
I'm looking for a couple of beta readers for a 7 chapter, 44k word, loving wives/romance story. Final chapter still with editor. Prefer two successfully published (here on Lit) romance authors. Reason is I'm considering posting story in the Romance category but am concerned how it will be recieved. Seems like story more a Romance than LW. Besides an overall critique, I look for the beta readers to help me determine if story fits better in Romance or Loving Wives.

Story is one of betrayal and pain, anger and reconciliation. Where most romance stories seem to have an undercurrent of hope, this one has a darker edge, at least the first five chapters. Lots of pain and anger. There's also a non consent/reluctance scene, although not overly graphic it is a key element in the story.

Story has already gone through first round of editing so any grammar issues will be because of my rewrites. However I'm still very open to feedback from the beta reader.

If you're interested please PM me. If you're unsure, I can send you the first chapter. Please realize though that chapters 1 and 7 fit in Loving wives while the other chapters are more romance.
 
Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you to the two authors who generously agreed to beta read. Hope you won't be disappointed.
 
Back
Top