Gather, a spring challenge

HarryHill

Hairy fucker
It was said by the Missus that we never do anything together, that we are scattered, intent on our own devices, therefore in the tradition of all the crazy challenges of the past write a poem of any length up to twenty lines with the phrase. 'Anything but spring' somewhere in the body of the work. extra credit should be given for the cheekiest submission.

challenge ends 4/27/2015 whenever I wake up so you have an unknown window at the end :rolleyes: Gather children.

Last edited:
cool! i'm in. this is just what i need to give me a poetic boot up the butt. :cool::kiss:

Oh, I just discovered the best thing about hosting a challenge is getting to read them first :)

still scratching my head, but i'll send it as soon as it's alive :)

I've got, um, *counts* 4 entries in already, one by a mystery poet, the mystery being that they did not give a warning :rolleyes: that they were 'in' ...

well i've written a piece, but won't sub it immediately in case it can be tinkered with. :cool:

hey, Harry! can we sub more than one? :D

Oh! here's news contestants

Angeline said:
I asked Laurel if we could have a prize for the favorite poem and she has donated a $100 Amazon gift certificate. She'll also put a link to the contest on the Lit home page so more people know about it.
Thank you Angeline and Laurel, and yes, I'll need help with the voting thing, not a clue :rolleyes:
ETA: I just had a thought... my poor inbox :eek:

Last edited:
i love these kind of challenges! it's so interesting to see all the different directions people go in when writing around a common phrase or theme. can't wait to read them when they all get posted up :) and the guessing 'who wrote which?' part is half the fun :D

Oh! here's news contestants

Thank you Angeline and Laurel, and yes, I'll need help with the voting thing, not a clue :rolleyes:
ETA: I just had a thought... my poor inbox :eek:

oh excellent news! thanks, laurel - it's cool the poets get some recognition like this :rose:

Back