Litlog2018++

Senna Jawa

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
3,272
Let's have a new blog authored jointly by the entire PF&D, post here to your heart desire.

Thus, Litlog2018++ is a PF&D's blog, but it can be more than that. It should be an incubator of new ideas, of new topics. Imagine that the whole PF&D is like a ping-pong table. One half of the table is the rest of this board (i.e everything on PF&D but this blog). And the other half of this ping-pong table is Litlog2018++. Let the ideas bounce back and forth from one half to the other--ping--pong--ping--pong--ping--...

Remember: blog + ping-pong.
 
Descartes

In my poem "jazz" I had a stanza:

Descartes missed by a mile
thinking is a distant
runner up to being​

Is this text fragment clear to you or obscure or what?

Mainly, regardless of clarity, does this text have an artistic value to you or is it--I don't know--boring?

---

PS. I hope that this link will work:
 
Last edited:
In my poem "jazz" I had a stanza:

Descartes missed by a mile
thinking is a distant
runner up to being​

Is this text fragment clear to you or obscure or what?

Mainly, regardless of clarity, does this text have an artistic value to you or is it--I don't know--boring?

---

PS. I hope that this link will work:

Im a slow ponderous thinker, and being a non educated monkey, descartes had to be googled, but the knowledge opened the lock of the excerpt.

From my perspective it thrives within the framework of the longer text, but falls flat without the mood created by the rest of the piece.

Being in a moment without thinking is brilliant but we always seem to resort back to a default state of thinking even if its only about the worst of what we are suffering.

If we were simply being then the concept of freeing the mind of its incessant buzzing and existing for the moment that the music creates adds more artistic merit to
1) the lyrical subject
2) the emotional and logical progressive conncection for the reader

As to the lines themselves, being able to exist without thinking is for me a momentary bliss so yes it is safe to assume that "being" is a more satisfying place than thinking because of basic value, i.e. thinking is more common than being.

Could you live your whole life simply being, or is thinking more important to survival.
 
Last edited:
Hi todski, long time no see (mea culpa).

[the stanza] thrives within the framework of the longer text [the poem],...
For instance, on a detail level, just view the stanza together with its preceding line:

---

i listen to Duke
Descartes missed by a mile
thinking is a distant
runner up to being​

---

Look at "...Duke / Descartes...d..."--an alliteration (the art of words). Thus there is a local and, if you read the total, the global integration. Even, within these 4 lines, the global theme thinking vs being already appears artistically as noise vs music.

[the stanza] falls flat without the mood created by the rest of the piece.

([SIZE=-2]Of course, the total mood is crucial[/SIZE]).

Within the stanza itself, you still have the same alliteration "Descartes...d... / ... distant". You get another artistic (geometric) equivalent of the dichotomy thinking vs being--thus, you get a scene, where thinking is jogging far behind being; word distant is not an abstraction, it is moody. ([SIZE=-2]Well, I used to be a long-distance runner so to me, this scene creates a familiar emotion[/SIZE]).

************

Todski, next, you address the material contents of the poem rather than the artistic aspects (GREAT! :)). This is a good moment to close this comment of mine, and I want to go back to you in the next comment.
 
Snow in AA(MI) and S.Korea

There was a lot of snow during the past few days in Ann Arbor (Michigan).

There was a lot in S.Korea, and they also have wind. So much that for the first time in 20 years, it was not possible to conduct some of the Olympic competitions.

It was possible to go for a walk in Ann Arbor though, except that I didn't, not these days.
 
A confusion about the notion of "thinking"

My poem "jazz" assumed the common understanding (or should I say "misunderstanding") of the "thinking" notion. It's only natural since I wanted my poem to be understood without introducing any discussion of "thinking"--"jazz" is a simple straight poem.

Indeed, most of the people confuse thinking vs. word communication, including a word communication with oneself.

Thinking vs. expressing thinking in words
are two different activities.

Despite of a number of shallow philosophers, these things are drastically different.

Sometimes words get a life of their own. The funny thing is that so-sophisticated guys replace thinking by words, while they pretend that they think (they think that they think :) ). Then words don't serve any useful purpose. Well, occasionally, words free from any profound thinking can be good for entertainment. Otherwise, the so-sophisticated guys play oh so-intellectual intellectuals. So funny (hm, often, it is not funny at all).
 
Last edited:
Happy Valentine's poem

--



dreamy senselessness



i'll wake you up
and tell you a story
then let you sleep

when you wake up
you'll let me know
am i alive
or just a dream​











wh,
1985
 
Happy Valentine's poem, 1993

--




summer phone



your voice nests in my ear
the air's the summer affair
soft waves of your voice oh dear
carry me through the summer air

you study with thunder
text after text a wide choice
but my snow white phone melts under
the summer melody of your voice​















wh,
1993-07-4/5
 
Happy Valentine's poem, 1985

--



* --- * --- *​


trela treal morela
I would never guess that you're a Cinderella
'cos I knew that you're a queen

trela morela Cinderella
it's time for wine and mozzarella
and let me listen to your story
I will adore it​

















wh,
1985​
 
Great sport people vs disgusting tv and journalists and other clowns.

==


==

*
*
*

Another topic: "bigman" has posted the following, see:



If you had a real chance.
================
Hypothetically, to make something of yourself what would you do?
How would you promote your art, is it from the heart?

Say if the doors were opened?

-
Hypothetically?! :) How about the real case and a real answer:

You may bring a horse to a river but you cannot make it drink.


It's like with this disgusting Patrick Connor and his equally disgusting crowd--they see the snow and the beautiful scene and Winter Olympics but these guys still stink.
 
Last edited:
==


==

*
*
*

Another topic: "bigman" has posted the following, see:


QUOTE:

If you had a real chance.
================
Hypothetically, to make something of yourself what would you do?
How would you promote your art, is it from the heart?

Say if the doors were opened?

END of QUOTE

Hypothetically?! :) How about the real case and a real answer:

You may bring a horse to a river but you cannot make it drink.

It's like with this disgusting Patrick Connor and his equally disgusting crowd--they see the snow and the beautiful scene and Winter Olympics but these guys still stink.

Interestingly enough I found the radio announcers comment mildly amusing, but im of lesser ilk than high minded intellectuals. Was the comment appropriate for national radio clearly not, but as a side joke between myself and another male colleague I would have laughed at it.

Transcending male nature via constant suppression is likely to cause disintegrated outbursts and moral grandstanding, where as accepting what male nature is, accepting what we are capable of and making a choice to do one thing is in my neanderthal opinion smarter than exerting by force the willfull supression of masculinity and sexuality.
Boo hiss throw rocks at me, but for all its worth the reverse objectification of men is never brought up or discusse, whyy is masculine and male nature derided, ridden into the ground and trampled on at every turn?

As to the idiot spouting on about art, your assessment there i agree with more thouroughly
 
links

[...] high minded intellectuals.

This has nothing to do with any "high minded intellectuals", that's a NONSENSE.

I would have laughed at it.

Tell me todski exactly (quote!) what you'd laugh about there, what was so funny or funny at all?

Transcending male nature via constant suppression is likely to cause disintegrated outbursts and moral grandstanding, where as accepting what male nature is, accepting what we are capable of and making a choice to do one thing is in my neanderthal opinion smarter than exerting by force the willfull supression of masculinity and sexuality.

You're not representing the whole male population, very FAR from it. You represent the views of a sick fragment of society, namely of insecure and one way or another, disturbed males, who don't respect another person regardless of their status or situation. It follows that these disturbed guys do not respect themselves, thus, they don't deserve to be respected (until they learn to be humane).

Mean statements coupled with a fake smile pass for humor, and this is disgusting too. For instance, be it a young woman or old, attractive or unattractive, educated or uneducated, successful or struggling, whatever--the sick guys will say their sick stuff about her just because she is a woman. In the given case, this is a young person, she's virtually still a child, she won a gold Olympic medal which stands for her talent, character, hard work, ... The sick guys will still demean her, and these other clowns don't have guts to punch that sick Conner's teeth in or at least to tell him to shut up his dirty mouth.

==========================

See (it's great):


And now something UGLY (sleazy former MLB pitcher Dallas Braden, sleazy Brody Stevens, and criminally sleazy Patrick Connor):


=
 
Last edited:
"This has nothing to do with any "high minded intellectuals", that's a NONSENSE."

You disagree that socialization has zero to do with articulation of baser desires and the difference in comedy or situations we find funny? Highb minded intellectuals I guess comes off as being dismissive of a belief or conversely a way of being raised, I apologise if was taken in this manner.

My interactions with life and women has come pretty much from the gutter up, I have thrown women out of night club venues for giving hand jobs on the dancefloor to any guy within range, have broken up an organised bet between women aged 16 and 17 who were trying to see who could give the most blow jobs to random strangers around the corner of the club i was working at. I have seen A woman at 18 years have a high heeled shoe lodged in her head by a jealous partner, had to hold pressure on her head while she fitted and pissed herself on the floor till the ambulance arrived. the woman with the shoe in her head had stall fucked the other womans partner after giving him a hand job in public.

I have seen a woman in the midst of a group of men standing spreading her flaps trying to piss like a guy while they filmed and cheered her on. I have seen some of the worst most disgusting behaviour coming from women, so the above comment regarding the age of chloe kym for me would have been a slight chuckle at my past experiences, a chuckle at the idea that women are all perfect angels and also a chuckle at my own male nature regarding attractiveness and why I find x-things in a woman attractive.

The exact comment I read regarding chloe kym and the context it was delivered in was creepy and quite disgusting, but a different delivery and a person I know, yes, I would have laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're not representing the whole male population, very FAR from it. You represent the views of a sick fragment of society, namely of insecure and one way or another, disturbed males, who don't respect another person regardless of their status or situation. It follows that these disturbed guys do not respect themselves, thus, they don't deserve to be respected (until they learn to be humane)."

Nope I am definitely not representing the whole male population, I never said I was, however the broad stroke generalisation of "male nature" is enough to imply that I am, but some generalisation is neccessary at times, especially when indicating a certain type of behaviour or characteristic that has common thread elements within a group....

I.e. is it controversial to say on average men are taller and have more upper body strength than women?

So when I mention male nature I am speaking of the primal relationship between sexual reproduction ages and attractiveness, that the most attractive women on average for men are between the ages of 18-30 because that is the safest age range for women to have children in, so natural tendency is to find women in those age groups more attractive to the more neanderthal part of the brain.

Does this mean I want sleazy disgusting relationships with 18 year olds, no, but does it acknolwedge a predisposition in my own hardwiring to find women betwen those age brackets more attractive, yes, to me it is an honest appraisal of one of my own shortcomings as a flawed human being that I have little control over. I do however have control over how I act toward her in her prescense, and also control over my base desire, because that is the whole point of human agency and a belief in controling emotional/physiological kneejerk reactions.

As to respect, I can not demand your respect all I can do is present myself as who I am. If that is judged worthy of respect then so be it, if my character is flawed to the point of not deserving of respect, I can live with that too. I dont need to chase others respect I need to find a way to be able to respect myself and orient myself correctly in the world. I can look in the mirror and respect what I see for the most part. I can live with that.
 
Last edited:
Mean statements coupled with a fake smile pass for humor, and this is disgusting too. For instance, be it a young woman or old, attractive or unattractive, educated or uneducated, successful or struggling, whatever--the sick guys will say their sick stuff about her just because she is a woman. In the given case, this is a young person, she's virtually still a child, she won a gold Olympic medal which stands for her talent, character, hard work, ... The sick guys will still demean her, and these other clowns don't have guts to punch that sick Conner's teeth in or at least to tell him to shut up his dirty mouth.

Is humour and comedy for the most part a satirical look at the most stereotypical aspects of human nature, the darker parts of what and who we are? By that token and that rational the laughter at such statements comes from my own ability to recognize parts of those trait characteritics within myself and serves as a reminder that zi am never above the nature of the animal but I mist have conscious control over it, not suppression by vehement rejection of those parts but understanding and conscious choice when to engage with those darker parts.

That being said I have also broken the jaw of my best mate for his comments on a woman, and have slapped anothrr man into unconscious for his aspersions.

The contexual differentiation is often the way something is said and how it is directed.

Is it directed as self appraisal designed to invoke laughter, or is it a conscioisly directed stayement using male dominace, i.e. the fear in women that we have the power to rape, to tear her down from her achievements and make her nothing more than a sexualised creature for the amusement of the male directing the verbal diarrhea.

This is unfortunately a power dynamic women have had to fear through our entire existence as a species that a man might decide to take from her that which was not granted through force. The might makes right lens.

As to chloe kym, she is a highly attractive young woman, is that secondary to her achievements, or is it a statement of fact that alogns with her current achievements?

Or am I to simply judge a woman beyond the sexualised lens and compare her accomplishments in the exact way I compare a mans?

Unfortunately sexualisation happens because we are sexual in our nature and can articulate desires. Gasp, even women can articulate and transgress against men looking a t them as human doings and judging their worthiness based on their relative status, their masculinity and how much protection they offer i.e how much in the way of resources can he lrocure to look after me. However female sexuality is praised and exalted and male is simply disgusting......

how we express our sexuality and for what purpose, that to me is the defining difference, acknolwedgement of that is a subtle nuance between what I find humourus and what I find appaling.
 
Sympathy and respect for todski28

Todski28, as a person, you're among the nicest anywhere ever. I never saw any nasty text from you, never any text which would demean others, in particular, women--far from it.
 
Last edited:
Todski28, as a person, you're among the nicest anywhere ever. I never saw any nasty text from you, never any text which would demean others, in particular, women--far from it.

It would take me years to fix all my typo's :(

But writing on a phone with large hands has its downside.

I appreciate the respect, and return it in kind, but the sympathy, well that is unnecessary, life is, we learn what and how we learn from our various sources.

Life has been interesting and without any of it, how can I know what impact it would have on who I am.

Im glad you wrote what you did, it forced me to think out and attempt to articulate some of my thoughts.
 
Music--Dimash

--

. . . . . . . . . . . S.O.S. -- Dimash Kudaibergenov

. . . . . . . . . . . Opera 2 -- Dimash Kudaibergenov

. . . . . . . . . . . Adagio -- Dimash Kudaibergenov

. . . . . . . . . . . Without you -- Dimash Kudaibergenov

. . . . . . . . . . . Another snowstorm -- Dimash Kudaibergenov

--

Here, below, is a translation of the last song above:


For you are not closing the door
I lived for many years
And since reading my involuntary loss
Stopped waiting for someone

Chorus:
Another snowstorm
And former toils in the dark
Another snowstorm
Two eternity converged in one short day

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Short day ...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lyrics (words ) Alla Pugacheva - blue sky
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . found on the website www.gl5****

You forgive me not knowing
On the threshold of long test
Because now our love a repeating
Would be time-barred - the whole life

Chorus:
Another snowstorm
And former toils in the dark
Another snowstorm
Two eternity converged in one short day

Another snowstorm
And former toils in the dark
Another snowstorm
Two eternity converged in one short day

Short day ...

--

Here is an early rendition by another singer--Alla Pugacheva, together with Kristina Orbakayte:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Another snowstorm (Alla Pugacheva)

And another translation:

Snowstorm Is Again
Versions: #1#2

I live many years
With a door that isn't closing after your going.
And since this moment counting of my casual losses
Has stopped and has waited for somebody

Snowstorm is again,
And the past things suffer in darkness
Snowstorm is again,
Two eternities united in one short day

Short day...

Don't look at me just forgive
Don't languish on the threshold
Because now end of our love
Will be all life

Snowstorm is again,
And the past things suffer in darkness
Snowstorm is again,
Two eternities united in one short day

Snowstorm is again,
And the past things suffer in darkness
Snowstorm is again,
Two eternities united in one short day

Short day...


See: from collection "Fate's Irony"
--
 
Last edited:
A song about Music's Puppet (wh, 1982)

The following text is as simple as possible to set to music. Soon after I had written it, in 1992, my talented friend, Kenny, added melody (to this and to several of my other early English poems) but all of this is gone, too bad. His music was subtle. Then I had invited another friend, an engineer, to perform our song. This engineer thought about becoming an opera singer, he was an American who could sing Russian songs well. But Kenny's jazz style was too subtle for an operatic training. Kenny was praising the engineer, and I asked Keeny to make a decision. Kenny didn't have a voice comparable to the potential opera singer but nevertheless, he said: I can sing'em myself.

Now, after 36 years, perhaps one of you can write your own melody (try to make it subtle to contrast it with the simplicity of the text; well, the melody should be still simple--subtle but simple :) ).




. . . . A song about Music's Puppet



. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . sing and dance
. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . that's your chance

. . . . . . . . . . . from the trouble
. . . . . . . . . . . stay away
. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . sing and play

. . . . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . . . from the start
. . . . . . . . . . . . . there was an ice cube
. . . . . . . . . . . . . in my heart

. . . . . . . . . . . . . i was smarting
. . . . . . . . . . . . . from my past
. . . . . . . . . . . . . the ice cube healing
. . . . . . . . . . . . . my wounds fast

. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . i am no honey
. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . here's my money

. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . make my day
. . . . . . . . . . . music's puppet
. . . . . . . . . . . stay away







. . wh,
. . 1982-05-25




(Musicians, get going, good luck.)

PS. A song about Music's Puppet
 
Last edited:
Music, A girl from Nagasaka + 2 + Taganka

In the post before the previous one, and in the link below, the primary character is a woman, a dancer who entertains men. But the other character, a man, is in each case drastically different from the other one. Also, my simple "song" is not simple while "A girl from Nagasaki" is a full-blown song but simple and ooooh-so romantic.


Anyway, enjoy the visual aspect of the video in addition to the song:


. . . . A girl from Nagasaki (Джемма Халид, v1)
. . . . A girl from Nagasaki (Джемма Халид, v2)

--

Now, two beautiful songs together in the following video:

. . . . . . . . 2 songs (Джемма Халид)

--

And here is a famous song about the infamous prison in Moscow:

. . . . . . . . . . . . Taganka (Джемма Халид)

--
 
Last edited:
Music, Eastern Europe, a famous America actor.

You must recognize one of the 7 Magnificent Men:

. . . . . . . . Розпрягайте Хлопці Коней

The next one is ..., just listen (looking in this case is only optional):

. . . . Kakim Ty Byl = каким ты был (Ваенга)
. . . . каким ты был (now enjoy the visual too)
. . . . ditto (ditto again)

and,

--
----> СМУГЛЯНКА
--

When I was in 3rd and 4th grade (elementary school), several of my classmates would sing beautiful(!!!!) during our music class, at least once per week. The following one was sung by my friend, in his high and juicy youthful voice:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Tachanka = Тачанка

Oh, well, he's gone... and we didn't have any recorders in those days.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top