China: report strippers at funerals

Hypoxia

doesn't watch television
Joined
Sep 7, 2013
Posts
28,080
A year-old news item / plot bunny:

China sets up anonymous snitch-line to report strippers at funerals
The Chinese Minister of Culture has launched a campaign in [several] provinces to end the practice of hiring strippers to draw crowds to funerals -- these crowds are seen as a mark of respect and status for the departed that epitomizes the virtue of "filial piety," regardless of how they are brought in.

The practice was created by funeral directors, after a string of less transgressive crowd-drawing innovations (comedians, actors, singers) and has since been banned by the state as "cultural atavism" and "corrupting the social atmosphere."

In viral videos, strippers touch themselves rub the crotches of men who come onstage, all in front of an oversized portrait of the deceased. Five troupes of exotic funeral dancers have been detained...​
Y'all should find some hot stories in this.
 
For the Humor catagory. Strippers and the Westboro Babtist Church show up at the same funeral.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann
 
This has got great potential. Strippers turn up at any inappropriate event - wedding anniversary, graduation, embarrassing medical examination, pet euthanasia....

I have visions of them being a cheer squad as well. Check that prostate, check it! Or doing their routine to Pomp and Circumstance.
 
True story. My friend was married to a Japanese guy. She divorced him some years ago. He dropped dead of a heart attack at age 50. She is much older than him. She went to the funeral and was surprised to see so many young woemn there and scantily clad.

She mentioned something to his sister about it. The sister said they were prostitutes. He had been running a prostitution thing out of their house an she didn't even know. The who family thought she knew.

The divorce came about when he took her car one night without asking. He came back late at night with a couple of "coworkers" and they were making a lot of noise, in the car. she ran out there to find clothing and some sort of deli salad (Coleslaw? Macaroni? Something like that) all over the back seat.

She threw him out and filed for divorce.
 
That's a good one. It has to happen in China. What brings the Westboros to the Evil Republic?

Problem: Westboro loonies would go to China, but China too smart to let them in...

Possible Solution: Funeral directors in Chineese inmagrant communities here in the USA are adopting said "interesting" technique for increasing funerary (can't spell FUNeral without FUN) attendance.

Sorry, I guess I just "killed" a Chineese-American Vet, but we can make him 96 years old, a WW2 veteran. Give him a 92 year old widow who wonders why the "young ladies" don't wear something warmer its 52 degrees outside.
 
I also think a potentially hot idea, perhaps its a dare between hot lesbian friends (is there anything else) on who can strip in the most inappropriate place
Except it's no dare -- they're HIRED to strip at funerals, weddings, baptisms, graduations, retirements, promotions, store openings, bar/bat mitzvahs, groundbreakings, launches, political rallies, picnics, conferences, worship services, perp walks, flash mobs, any event.

But drama requires a nemesis or three. What nefarious dorks try to stop them?
 
Except it's no dare -- they're HIRED to strip at funerals, weddings, baptisms, graduations, retirements, promotions, store openings, bar/bat mitzvahs, groundbreakings, launches, political rallies, picnics, conferences, worship services, perp walks, flash mobs, any event.

But drama requires a nemesis or three. What nefarious dorks try to stop them?

Let's say they're gay male strippers, so the nefarious dork who'd want to get involved at a funeral is the priest. Boys, boys, put your clothes on. Just come through to the vestry with me....
 
Maybe not a story, but a business opportunity.
That's the basis of the OP news report. Many strippers and funeral directors in China exploit this business opp; the gov't wants to suppress. For a story, strippers are widely hired; hackers hijack the tipster hotline and have some way to blackmail, seduce, or torment the call-in tipsters. Hilarity ensues.
 
Back
Top