Any Advice from Romance Writers?

Don't forget a jeep. Gotta have a jeep. And sexy hiking boots........w/short shorts.

Mosquitoes. Black flies. Horseflies. Horrible swarms of evil insects out to eat one alive. West Nile Virus. Lymes disease. Ticks. African killer bees. Noooooo. No short shorts. Although you might get that unbearable itch that needs scratching.... I was actually thinking about writing an outdoorsy story where the guys dick gets swarmed by hungry mosquitoes..... and you know how those bites itch .... evil giggle ..... one good spray with Off and it'd be "baby I'm on fire" alright. Maybe not romance tho .... erotic horror? Bdsm?

Last edited:
Mosquitoes. Black flies. Horseflies. Horrible swarms of evil insects out to eat one alive. West Nile Virus. Lymes disease. Ticks. African killer bees. Noooooo. No short shorts. Although you might get that unbearable itch that needs scratching.... I was actually thinking about writing an outdoorsy story where the guys dick gets swarmed by hungry mosquitoes..... and you know how those bites itch .... evil giggle ..... one good spray with Off and it'd be "baby I'm on fire" alright. Maybe not romance tho .... erotic horror? Bdsm?

I'm getting the sense that you're not big on roughing it, so to speak.

In the world of fictional erotica, none of those things has to exist. Especially if it means no short shorts.

I'm getting the sense that you're not big on roughing it, so to speak.

In the world of fictional erotica, none of those things has to exist. Especially if it means no short shorts.

Rough? Nooooo she squeals. Hard yes. Rough no. Although I guess one might get the benefit of those studded trojans without the Trojan. Okay, no reality.... but it'd make an interesting story ....

Actually I love the hiking and the outdoorsy stuff, I'm just not big on biting insects. Off is my favorite weekend deodorant:D and that insect mesh, well, what can I say....

Last edited:
Mosquitoes sucked his dick, but what about his balls? He could encounter the rare testes fly.

If one wears shorts, one is more apt to be cautious of much of that.

Mosquitoes sucked his dick, but what about his balls? He could encounter the rare testes fly.
Naw, the big ones head for his head and drill into his brain, sucking it dry. That should make him a reckless stud.
When I need something to help me unwind
I find a six-foot baby with a one track mind
Smart guys are nowhere, they make demands
Give me a moron with talented hands
I go bar-hopping and they say "last call"
I start shopping for a Neanderthal

The bigger they come
The harder I fall
In love, 'til we're done
Then they're out in the hall

I like 'em big and stupid
I like 'em big and real dumb

What kind of guy does a lot for me
Superman with a lobotomy
My father's outta Harvard
My brother's outta Yale
Well, the guy I took home last night
Just got outta jail
The way he grabbed and threw me
Oooh, it really got me hot
But the way he growled and bit me
I hope he'd had his shots

I like 'em big and real dumb
I like 'em big and stupid​
Every city girls' dream, hey?

There's always bug repellant. Thick, gloopy bug repellant, spread eagerly and evenly over the smooth skin of supple, muscled legs, shiny under the mountain sun or the flickering light of the campfire.

A lot of people here avoid shorts, and not because of the bugs. The sun can be bad, but the hostile vegetation is the worst of all. With shorts you become the only defender of your skin. I've known women who would happily hike with their long-sleeved shirt unbuttoned and their breasts bare, but who wouldn't wear shorts.

Don't forget a jeep. Gotta have a jeep. And sexy hiking boots........w/short shorts.

I was about to go off on the beauty of the back country, my love of Jeeps and hiking boots and women in short shorts, and such, but then it hit me: a Nude Day story idea! Thank you!

I don't know if I'm capable of producing the story to the quality of a contest entry, but I'm going to give it a shot.

There's always bug repellant. Thick, gloopy bug repellant, spread eagerly and evenly over the smooth skin of supple, muscled legs, shiny under the mountain sun or the flickering light of the campfire.
Simon, that's your tentacle world...

I was about to go off on the beauty of the back country, my love of Jeeps and hiking boots and women in short shorts, and such, but then it hit me: a Nude Day story idea! Thank you!

I don't know if I'm capable of producing the story to the quality of a contest entry, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Happy to have contributed a plot bunny :D

I'm not a city girl, but that sounds about right some nights!

The lyrics reminded me (and I don't entirely know why)...

A couple months ago I was visiting family and went for a walk in that small town's downtown with my little sister. We ended up stopping in a fairly rough bar for a beer. We were talking to an aimless old man (about my age) about teenagers running liquor from the adjacent state, where the age limit on drinking was lower, when a stocky young man banged through the front door.

He was noisy but didn't say anything noticeable until a fairly young woman playing at a slot machine behind us asked about the "handcuffs" dangling from his belt.

"These ain't handcuffs," he said. "They's shackles. Handcuffs is smaller. If you'd ever been in prison then you'd know that.

"Never been in prison? Oh lady, if you ain't been in prison then you ain't had prison sex, and if you ain't had prison sex then you ain't never had sex."

My sister and I looked at each other, laughed, and left.

"These ain't handcuffs," he said. "They's shackles. Handcuffs is smaller. If you'd ever been in prison then you'd know that.

I received a very irate email from a reader of My Fall and Rise, scolding me because I didn't go into extensive detail describing the shackles I wore in prison. I guess it was a special interest of his.

When I'm writing, cuffs mean something good is about to happen, shackles bad. I did describe the latter in a story because it was a magical item, and I will line a cuff with fur, but not every detail is necessary in every story.
And yes, that sounded like a personal interest.

Back