Justice for Trayvon??

Here are some of the laws that govern citizens arrest in California:


P.C. § 844: "To make an arrest, a private person, if the offense is a felony, and in all cases a peace officer, may break open the door or window of the house in which the person to be arrested is, or in which they have reasonable grounds for believing the person to be, after having demanded admittance and explained the purpose for which admittance is desired."

P.C. § 845: "Any person who has lawfully entered a house for the purpose of making an arrest, may break open the door or window thereof if detained therein, when necessary for the purpose of liberating himself, and an officer may do the same, when necessary for the purpose of liberating a person who, acting in his aid, lawfully entered for the purpose of making an arrest, and is detained therein."

P.C. § 846: "Any person making an arrest may take from the person arrested all offensive weapons which he may have about his person, and must deliver them to the magistrate before whom he is taken."

P.C. § 197: Homicide is also justifiable when committed by any person in any of the following situations:

1. When resisting any attempt to murder, commit a felony, or to do great bodily injury upon any person; or

2. When committed in defense of habitation, property or person, at least in cases of violent felonies; or

3. When committed in defense of person, or of a wife or husband, parent, child, master, mistress, or servant of such person, at least in cases of violent felonies; or

4. When necessarily committed in attempting to apprehend any person for any felony, or in suppressing any riot, or in keeping and preserving the peace.
Good c+p. Has nothing to do with your assertion that a citizen has the same powers as a law enforcement officer, though.
 
I don't see why not. If it becomes known to you that a person has in fact committed a felony, or is wanted for a felony, you have the right to make a lawful arrest.

No, you don't. Once again your Google Law degree has let you down.
 
Another Corvette vs Porsche pissing match.

By the way Vette's been foaming at the mouth in disenfranchised frustration lately, he's more like a Pinto.

tumblr_md3ukoOYpm1qa6g1m.gif
 
Sounds like an archaic law that would be quickly off the books if citizens in REALITY made citizens arrests.

Is California a concealed carry state?

I can't imagine any jurisdiction encouraging citizens to make arrests.

What if anything would prevent say, the New Black Panthers from patrolling their neighborhood and yours while armed, making citizens arrests?
 
Does anyone have any specific information as to the authority under which the neighborhood watch at that complex operated? Also the training and directions from actual legal authority? Has that information been posted in this never ending thread?

The National Sherriffs Association completely washes their hands of Zimmerman, and anecdotally many homeowners associations are now disbanding Neighborhood Watch groups to discourage future Walter Mitty fantasies by failed mall-cop wannabees like Zimmerman.

Neighborhood Watch groups do serve a legitimate function in communities, and it'd be ironic if Zimmerman's actions caused a rise in crime nationwide.
 
If you're suggesting that it's impossible for someone to believe that both Zimmerman AND O.J. were guilty, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'm suggesting that the left threw parties of joy when OJ was acquitted for pure reasons of technicality due to the incompetence of the LAPD being exploited by a clever legal defense team.

But they scream for everything from a lynching and vigilante justice to further prosecution for shit they can't prove just to further fuck with this guy. Not for reasons of 3rd party fuck up's exploited by a clever defense attorney but a sheer lack of evidence to convince a jury that beyond a reasonable doubt it was murder. Despite what anyone thinks may or may not be....the evidence simply was insufficient to convict, and they obviously find that horribly wrong. Which makes them look like they advocate justice based on public opinion instead of evidence....guilty until proven innocent instead of innocent instead of proven guilty.

Makes me doubt the LW really is any more progressive the the RWCJ.....or are they on a whole just opposing cheeks of the same clowns ass.
 
Last edited:
It's the god damn current California law, how could you be so ignorant? Can't you see the Penal Code Section numbers? Look them up yourself. Yes it's a concealed carry state, and these kinds of citizen's arrest laws exist in almost every state. Jesus.

Take a pill!
 
It's the god damn current California law, how could you be so ignorant? Can't you see the Penal Code Section numbers? Look them up yourself. Yes it's a concealed carry state, and these kinds of citizen's arrest laws exist in almost every state. Jesus.

I love when you go legal, you always get your arse kicked.
 
Can a private citizen arrest someone for an offence committed four years ago?

It would seem that he or she could, and that this would be the relevant part of the law:

California Penal Code Section 837 states, "A private person may arrest another: (1) For a public offense committed or attempted in his presence. (2) When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in his presence. (3) When a felony has been in fact committed, and he has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed it."


Presumably, however, if the Statutes of Limitation had run out on that felony in question, that would be a different matter.
 
Back
Top