Available to edit ~~ September 2016

_Lynn_

Literotica Guru
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Posts
49,379
Sign in if you have any spare time to help others . . .



Include preferences in your post.

* Specify if you are unwilling to edit certain topics/categories, or if you have a word limit.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

Reminder:

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines.



:)
 
Available during September

I won't touch copy with the following: rape, drugs, non-con, BDSM, scat or piss, not keen on gay male but otherwise most else goes.

MS word is my preferred format but will use Open Office/Libre Office.

PM me your requirements with detail of category and word count and I will see what I can do.

I usually reply to PM's within 24 hours (allowing for time zone differences)

Todger65
 
I've been a long time reader and started writing 1.5 years ago (non-erotic stories, on a different site). Decided to try my hand at writing an erotic story a while ago, which I'm currently working on. I love to help people improve their stories and I've got a lot of positive reactions on my reviews and suggestions on that other site, so I hope I can help some of the writers on here as well.

I won't edit Gay Male, other than that it kind of depends on the story. Send me a message with a short explanation of kind of things happen in your story and I'll let you know if that's a problem for me.

Word Documents preferred, but I'm willing to work with other formats if preferred by the writer.
 
I recently submitted the profile below but haven't officially been accepted into the volunteer editor program. If anyone is willing to work with a newbie editor, I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Hi, I'm a mature, college-educated professional male. I don't have a degree in English or Journalism, but I do a considerable amount of writing for work and feel my skills are probably above average. I enjoy many of the stories on Lit, but for me, basic grammatical errors can really detract from an otherwise good story. I would encourage all authors to have an extra set of eyes read through their work before publishing, and I'd be happy to help edit stories for grammatical and spelling mistakes as well as basic structure and readability. I'm open to editing almost any genre, although my personal experience in some areas will naturally be more limited than others. I feel I can still add value by ensuring the story is grammatically correct and reads smoothly and leave the creative aspect to the author who understands the subject more fully. When the author wishes, I would also be happy to offer suggestions on plot or storyline for genres I have a particular interest in.
 
Last edited:
Greetings,

I am a long time reader of erotica as well as a part-time author. I have a post-graduate degree and have done my share of writing and editing. I am happy to review and consider editing the works of others.

That being said, there are things I will decline: 1) anything that is outside of Lit's guidelines; 2) Gay male, Rape, Pain, etc.; 3) Underage, bestiality, peeing, shiting, or the like; 4) Work that needs a total re-write - no offense, but it is your work, I'm just editing - if I believe it would take too much time or involve a re-write (IMHO) I will tell you and we can both be on our way.

Reservations: I do not have a word count limit, but please keep in mind the length of your submission when looking for a response time. My preferred text format is MS Word. I will not change or published your work (edited or not) but, only redline and return the same to you. My only request is that you acknowledge my effort in assisting you.

Kind regards,
TJ
 
Last edited:
Not available at the moment- Am working on two stories sorry

I am one of those people who are thrown by grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors so I spot them right away. I have 30+ years assisting students with their writing. I am a prolific reader and have a pretty good idea of what makes sense.

You need to let me know what kind of assistance you seek. Do you want your grammar/spelling errors corrected or just to make sure your story flows and makes sense to the reader or both? Different people have different needs and I want to make sure I meet your needs.

I will not work on any story that doesn't meet Lit guidelines. I am not fond of incest but if all you want is the grammar/spelling checked I can do that for any story.

I prefer MS Word or OpenOffice.

I will respond to your message within 24 hours.

SF
 
Last edited:
Available

Hi,

I'm available to edit your erotica. Especially if you are a woman, you can give me a try. I'm not comfortable with BDSM, incest, gay, lesbian, chain stories, non human and fetishes. (See my Category Preferences)Otherwise I'm fine, I love reading and editing.
See you!
Kisses.
 
Hey everyone!
I've been editing for a little while now, and I have quite a following.
I'm free to do some edits. I'm not easily offended, so send me pretty much anything over and I'll take a look. If I don't like it, I'll tell you!
Much love,
MJ x
 
Literary erotica with a light touch.

No drugs, BDSM, fetish, trans-anything, gay male.

Word (doc or docx) is best, with track changes and comments feature, so I can explain what and why. Be prepared to work.
 
Last edited:
Now that my paid editing work has quietened down, I am available to edit voluntarily.

I will edit documents up to 30k. Anything over that crosses into 'taking up a lot of time' and therefore paid territory. Estimated completion time is around 1 - 2 days and probably less than that, unless I get paid editing work in, which will take priority due to deadlines.

I won't edit: NC, scat/watersports, incest and anything else that is against Literotica's TOU.

.doc and .docx is preferred for format.

I use tracking changes.
 
Back
Top