Question for volunteer editors

creativeboyinspring

Professional Weirdo
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Posts
17
Hello!

I would like to give a big thank you to all the volunteer editors. I know it is mostly a thankless job. It is appreciated.
 
Last edited:
I know it is mostly a thankless job.

If a writer is not decent enough to say thank you to the editor who volunteer his time and effort should be banned, his ip address published, tracked, egg his house, publicly shamed, hung by the balls or tits...

;) But I don't think such pricks exist.

(Psss, if you know one call me).
 
Tracking, eggs, shaming... ???

LOL Now there's an interesting idea. Can't say I've run across that sort here.

I think those of us who volunteer do so out of our own love of story telling. There are some readers who've left more than questionable comments that I wouldn't mind giving a piece of my mind to though.




If a writer is not decent enough to say thank you to the editor who volunteer his time and effort should be banned, his ip address published, tracked, egg his house, publicly shamed, hung by the balls or tits...

;) But I don't think such pricks exist.

(Psss, if you know one call me).
 
Over reaction?

If a writer is not decent enough to say thank you to the editor who volunteer his time and effort should be banned, his ip address published, tracked, egg his house, publicly shamed, hung by the balls or tits...

;) But I don't think such pricks exist.

(Psss, if you know one call me).

Your reaction seems a bit over-the-top. I've done my share of editing in my life, mostly for pay. Sometimes I actually got thanks. Mostly, I was happy when my edits were accepted and I saw the results. Occasionally, I would get a "good job" comment. I haven't done any editing here on Lit. other than my own work. (Heavily involved in that right now.) I do agree, though, that saying "thanks" is the least a writer can do, assuming the editor did a conscientious job and worked to encourage the writer to improve and did not just rip the piece to shreds and leave it for the writer to pick up the mess and lick his/her wounds.
 
Back
Top