Best Seller Openings

Fuckers been watching too many Jason Bourne movies.:D

I love how Jack Reacher was 6'5", blonde and scarred in the book so....of course Tom Cruise plays him:rolleyes:

I saw one scene from that movie, just horrible.

Cruise has some big hits, but man he's done some bombs too.
 
I love how Jack Reacher was 6'5", blonde and scarred in the book so....of course Tom Cruise plays him:rolleyes:

I saw one scene from that movie, just horrible.

Cruise has some big hits, but man he's done some bombs too.

Lee Child appears in the film. he's the desk sgt when tom gets sprung from chokey.
 
Any and all kinds of martial arts are specifically designed to end the fight before your opponent has a chance to land a second blow. It's not designed to entertain your opponent for 3 minutes (a standard round in competitions). He strikes, you defend and strike back and end it.

In the real world these fools dance about like a ballet troop and get their asses kicked. The first one I saw was in Vietnam. A man we called Gentle Ben (after the bear) was comforting a beer when the base martial arts trainer came in and wanted to start some shit with Gentle Ben. Ben told the man SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO AWAY, and the trainer started dancing about like Odette in Swan Lake. Ben knocked him out. And that's the point of Karate Kid. MIYAGI GOT CANVAS BELT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm3ikyMzMlA
 
Last edited:
A Brief History of George Smiley


When Lady Ann Sercomb married George Smiley towards the end of the war she described him to her astonished Mayfair friends as breathtakingly ordinary. When she left him two years later in favour of a Cuban motor racing driver, she announced enigmatically that if she hadn’t left him then, she never could have done; and Viscount Sawley made a special journey to his club to observe that the cat was out of the bag. This remark, which enjoyed a brief season as a mot, can only be understood by those who knew Smiley. Short, fat, and of a quiet disposition, he appeared to spend a lot of money on really bad clothes, which hung about his squat frame like skin on a shrunken toad. Sawley, in fact, declared at the wedding that “Sercomb was mated to a bullfrog in a sou’wester.”

And Smiley, unaware of this description, had waddled down the aisle in search of the kiss that would turn him into a Prince. Was he rich or poor, peasant or priest? Where had she got him from? The incongruity of the match was emphasized by Lady Ann’s undoubted beauty, its mystery stimulated by the disproportion between the man and his bride. But gossip must see its characters in black and white, equip them with sins and motives easily conveyed in the shorthand of conversation.

And so Smiley, without school, parents, regiment or trade, without wealth or poverty, travelled without labels in the guard’s van of the social express, and soon became lost luggage, destined, when the divorce had come and gone, to remain unclaimed on the dusty shelf of yesterday’s news.

le Carré, John. Call for the Dead: A George Smiley Novel (George Smiley Novels Book 1) (pp. 1-2). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
 
Last edited:
OK, but so what? How does this help a writer of erotica? Apples and kumquats.
 
Back
Top