"Climate Change is Real !!"


You’re a climate denier if:


  • You believe that the atmosphere has continued to warm for the last 18+ years despite rapid growth of CO2. 97% of real climate scientists acknowledge that it hasn’t. They call it the “pause” or “hiatus” although there is no scientific evidence that warming will pick up again or when.

  • If you believe that Antarctica is melting. NASA satellite data shows that the sea ice extent around Antarctica in 2014 is the largest in recorded history.

  • If you believe that the observed West Antarctica warming is caused by warming of the atmosphere. Recent studies show that the heat is coming from volcanoes below the glacier. Besides, air temperatures in the area are far below zero. Ice doesn’t melt in subfreezing air.

  • If you believe that 97% of climate scientists support the claim that global warming is driven directly by man-made CO2. It is true that 97% believe in climate change, which is the question they were asked, which is like asking them if the sun rises in the morning. Far fewer agreed with the man-made warming question and few of them agree on the details.

  • You believe that climate models accurately represent the climate of the earth. They don’t. Even the scientists who run them and the IPCC agree that they cannot predict the future of the climate. This is now obvious to everyone since they totally failed to predict the leveling off of atmospheric temperatures since 2000.

  • You think that climate models accurately model the behavior of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere. They don’t. They are completely unable to model the behavior of 97% of the greenhouse gas, water vapor and clouds. The dire predictions of runaway global warming from CO2 were based on the conjecture that water vapor would amplify the effects of CO2. The lack of recent warming while CO2 continues to increase shows clearly that water vapor is either neutral or in fact suppresses the warming from CO2.

  • If you believe that around 2000, CO2 magically changed its mind and decided to warm the oceans instead of the air. Some scientists speculate that this is the case but there is little or no hard science to support the notion. Some even speculate that the heat is going into the deep oceans, even though there is no way to measure it or find it.

  • You believe that man-made global warming is causing climate disasters. The International Red Cross reports that natural disasters are at a ten year low. Tornado and hurricane activity have also been at near record lows.




ipcc_ransom_note.jpg


 
Sorry to bump this troll thread, but Trysail's question about Haiti was impossible to pass up. Why are all the trees gone in Haiti? It's because of a lack of government regulations and free market capitalism.

Haiti's rapid deforestation began during the colonial period when free market capitalists made millions logging Haiti's forests. Deforestation was exacerbated when Haiti had to pay war reparations to France in order to get the blockade lifted. They paid with trees. Then in 1954, Hurricane Hazel drowned even more trees.

After the hurricane, rapid population growth required more fuel for cooking and heating, and the deforestation escalated. In the Dominican Republic, the government had the foresight to ban charcoal production, and they subsidized the use of propane. That's why they still have their trees while Haiti's hills are barren. If Haiti had had a functioning government capable of regulating logging, they could have managed their forests to be a sustainable resource, (like we do here in the USA - more or less) and they could have used propane instead of charcoal.

On the fuel issue, we can look back to Reagan, who removed the solar panels from the roof of the White House because he didn't think solar power was worth the trouble. What if, instead of removing them, he had spent government money investing in solar technologies, and what if these solar technologies could have been exported to places like Haiti? It's these "what-if's" that parallel what's going on today. Haiti's deforestation is a metaphor for what we're doing to the planet - using it up as fast as we can.

Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it, and those who advocate unregulated free market capitalism base their ideology on ignoring history.







The U.S.S.R. figured it out, the People's Republic of China figured it out, Poland figured it out, Bulgaria figured it out, Czechoslovakia (Slovakia & the Czech Republic) figured it out, Albania figured it out, Vietnam figured it out, the German Democratic Republic ( formerly known as "East Germany" ) figured it out, Kazhakstan figured it out, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania always had it figured out, Hungary figured it out, and Romania figured it out. Jesus H. Christ, even the fuckin' Cubans are finally figuring it out.

In fact, the only people who haven't figured it out seem to hang around here and in North Korea.





http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129757511
Reform On The Range: Cubans Heed The Call To Farm
by Nick Miroff
September 21, 2010
Cuba has miles and miles of fertile, lush countryside where nothing is growing or grazing. After five decades of state-controlled agriculture, the country struggles to feed itself, forcing the government to import some 70 percent of the island's food.

Cuban President Raul Castro wants to change that and is asking enterprising Cubans to go back to the land.

Aniley Pena was watching TV two years ago when she heard the offer. The government was giving out free 10-year leases on state-owned land to anyone willing to take a crack at farming.

Today, she has 12 acres on the outskirts of Bejucal, a small town 20 miles south of Havana.

Pena is 38, rugged enough to trudge around in rubber boots, but not too earthy to wear mascara in the fields. She shields herself from the withering sun with a parasol and a Nike cap, supervising a team of men as they mix organic fertilizer into beds of radishes, carrots, scallions and spinach.

Pena's tractor is a little red Ford from the Truman era she inherited from her late grandfather. She has called her farm "Las Estrellas" — The Stars. Stars are bright, and they bring clarity, she said, which is what this new vocation has given her.

"Being out here relaxes me," Pena says. "Plus I know I'm doing something good for society, and also for myself."

Pena is the new face of Cuban socialism, a private entrepreneur...



Anybody interested in the benefits of a centrally planned economy and communism?




Satellite image of the Korean peninsula at night
Source: Defense Meteorological Satellite Program

attachment.php





 
Trysail - you asked why Haiti's trees are gone while the Dominican Republic's trees remain. The answer is government. The government of the Dominican Republic restricted logging. Haiti's government didn't.

When government cedes power to the private sector, environmental degradation is the inevitable result. That's because modern day capitalism is based on short term profits with no regard for long term sustainability. This explains the climate denier movement, funded by the private sector industries that rely on cheap energy to produce short term profits.

The long term numbers are already in. Climate change will do massive damage to the world economy, and will cause extensive suffering and displacement to the earth's inhabitants. These numbers don't matter to the selfish few who rule our political system because they'll be dead before the coming environmental destruction affects the bottom lines of their companies. Everyone knows this but you. If only you could use your extensive "knowledge" to open the doors of understanding, rather than closing them.
 
Trysail - you asked why Haiti's trees are gone while the Dominican Republic's trees remain. The answer is government. The government of the Dominican Republic restricted logging. Haiti's government didn't.

... the climate denier movement, funded by the private sector industries ...

...If only you could use your extensive "knowledge" to open the doors of understanding, rather than closing them.

But then he wouldn't get paid out of those funds from private sector industries. I've often wondered how well shilling for the fossil fuel industries pays. :rolleyes:
 



So, you think the historic global temperature records are reliable?

Here's how the temperature records for the ocean (remember, that's 70% of the earth's surface) were compiled.



ERI= Engine room intake
Bucket= (literally) throwing a canvas bucket overboard (I swear to god, I'm not making this up)

figure-2.png




They haven't got a frickin' clue whether global temperatures are warmer or not.



 


The Paris Climate Circus



We will have to endure the usual assembly of zanies, professional grifters,
malcontents, whingers and crackpots wielding pseudoscience, wild
exaggeration and hyperbole in an attempt to extort colossal sums
of money from the gullible and the credulous.


If you think this is "settled science" you have been duped. There are
very significant fundamental unknowns— not least of which are those
of attribution and climate sensitivity.


Do you understand that there has been no significant warming for more
than eighteen years
even though one-third of all anthropogenic forcings
since 1750 have occurred since February 1997 ?


 
There is a crowd who will stand by their religion even when it is proven to be the wrong religion. No matter how many facts you place in front of them as they kneel at the alter of the holy grail of their religion, they will believe, believe, believe and preach the wrong crap over and over as their holy mantra.

The climate of this world will do as it damn well pleases no matter how may models, how many facts are changed or how my time they try to repeat the incorrect data from the ill conceived models.

No matter how much or how little man does, the world will follow the path that nature has for it entire life.

Sorry for the rant...I was without the internet for a whole 24 hours...I'm shivering with withdrawal.
 
Look at the European union where fossil fuel is being replaced by environmentally unfriendly windmills.



...the outcome of Paris appears to be that the EU has allowed itself leeway to move in a more rational direction on climate energy policy, while the USA is going in precisely the opposite direction.​
-"Bishop Hill"
(Andrew W. Montford, author of The Hockey Stick Illusion: Climategate and the Corruption of Science, The Yamal Deception )








The toothless nature of the Paris agreement finally allows EU member states to abandon unilateral decarbonization policies that have damaged Europe’s economies and its international competitiveness. Under such circumstances, the unconditional climate policies of President Obama would be left out in the cold. The U.S. administration has pledged to cut carbon emissions by 26%-28% by 2025, no matter what China, India and the rest of the world do in coming decades.​
-Benny Peiser​




 
Seen this?

"The past 11 months have been the hottest such months in 135 years of record keeping, a streak that has itself set a record and puts in clear terms just how much the planet has warmed due to the build-up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

New global temperature data released on Friday by NASA put March at 2.3°F (1.28°C) above the 1951-1980 average for the month, making it the warmest March on record. It beat out the previous warmest March, from 2010, by 0.65°F (0.36°C)—a handy margin.

It also marked the 11th month in a row to set such a record, beating out the previous such streak of 10 months set back in 1944."

The full article is HERE.
 
"The past 11 months have been the hottest such months in 135 years of record keeping, a streak that has itself set a record and puts in clear terms just how much the planet has warmed due to the build-up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

New global temperature data released on Friday by NASA put March at 2.3°F (1.28°C) above the 1951-1980 average for the month, making it the warmest March on record. It beat out the previous warmest March, from 2010, by 0.65°F (0.36°C)—a handy margin.

It also marked the 11th month in a row to set such a record, beating out the previous such streak of 10 months set back in 1944."

The full article is HERE.

If I remember right, in 1965, July, it snowed in Chicago. Headlines screamed that a new Ice Age was coming.
 


The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth:

...Those compiling the global averaged surface air temperature record have not only ignored systematic measurement error, but have even neglected the detection limits of the instruments themselves. Since at least 1860, thermometer accuracy has been magicked out of thin air. Also since then, and at the 95% confidence interval, the rate or magnitude of the global rise in surface air temperature is unknowable. Current arguments about air temperature and its unprecedentedness are speculative theology...
-Pat Frank​



 



“The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible”
-Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (the "IPCC")
Third Assessment Report​



 
It's real...well not really

GlobalWarmingClimateCoolingChangeHiatusPauseDisruption is real.

You just have to ignore the fact that we are coming out of a little ice age a couple of hundred years ago and are heading into the inevitable warming phase. You also have to be able to ignore the "settled science" bullshit, as well as the data that had to be normalized to get the theories to work.

The CO2 levels were sky high in the past (I can dig around and find them if needed) and there weren't fleets of Suburbans cruising around. I would expect one to be dug up in the Arctic soon with Fred Flintstones plates on it though. The discovery will be lauded as credible and absolute proof that all changes on the planet have been caused by men.

Yep, the temperature is warming, and there's nothing that we can do to stop it. The challenge for the Church of Global Warming congregants is to prove that man-made forces actually trump the amount that volcanoes belch into the atmosphere on a consistent basis.
 
Last edited:

So no one saw the deception?

Arctic ice flows melting will not raise the level of the ocean. In fact it will lower the levels. That's right. Any ice that floats in the ocean can't, that's can't raise the level of that ocean.

If you can't comprehend why...fill a glass with ice cubes...now fill the glass to the brim with water...let stand until the ice melts...where is the level of the water?
 




https://cloudup.com/iHcBpTDmCNu


Dr. Richard Lindzen has sent a petition to President Trump, asking the President to withdraw the United States from the United Nations Convention on Climate Change.

The petition contains the names of around 300 eminent scientists and other qualified individuals, including physicists, engineers, former Astronauts, meteorologists, immunology specialists, marine biologists, chemists, statisticians, doctors, military weather specialists, geologists, accountants, a former director of NASA, economists, soil specialists, mathematicians, hydrologists, environmental scientists, computer modelling specialists, and many more. It is a long list...






 
GlobalWarmingClimateCoolingChangeHiatusPauseDisruption is real.

You just have to ignore the fact that we are coming out of a little ice age a couple of hundred years ago and are heading into the inevitable warming phase. You also have to be able to ignore the "settled science" bullshit, as well as the data that had to be normalized to get the theories to work.

The CO2 levels were sky high in the past (I can dig around and find them if needed) and there weren't fleets of Suburbans cruising around. I would expect one to be dug up in the Arctic soon with Fred Flintstones plates on it though. The discovery will be lauded as credible and absolute proof that all changes on the planet have been caused by men.

Yep, the temperature is warming, and there's nothing that we can do to stop it. The challenge for the Church of Global Warming congregants is to prove that man-made forces actually trump the amount that volcanoes belch into the atmosphere on a consistent basis.
Uh huh. Volcanoes belch out a huge volume of greenhouse gases. Every year, they pump 300,000,000 tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Fossil fuel consumption, however, only puts out about 29,000,000,000 tonnes of CO2 every year. That's less than 97 times as much as volcanoes.
 
Honestly if you people actually want people to believe in global warming then you shouldn't have gotten Al "Pinochio" Gore to narrate that stupid film. Because everyone knows whenever a politican's lips move they're usually LYING
 
Honestly if you people actually want people to believe in global warming then you shouldn't have gotten Al "Pinochio" Gore to narrate that stupid film. Because everyone knows whenever a politican's lips move they're usually LYING

A compelling, well reasoned and insightful argument if ever there was one. No doubt based on the latest data published in peer reviewed scientific journals.
 



...the figure below is a plot of the temperature anomaly (departure from normal) of the lower troposphere over the past 35 years from the RSS “Temperature Lower Troposphere” (TLT) dataset. For this plot we have averaged over almost the entire globe, from 80S to 80N, and used the entire TLT dataset, starting from 1979...

clip_image004_thumb.png


In this figure, the thick black line is from a climate data record derived from microwave sounding satellite (MSU and AMSU ) measurements. Each of the thin light blue lines represents the temperature anomaly time series for the same atmospheric layer from one of 33 IPCC climate model simulations that I have analyzed. I have adjusted each individual time series so that its average is 0.0 for the 1979-1988 period. This has no effect on the trend of each line, but it does make it easier to see long term changes in the plot.

The dips in the simulated model temperatures in 1983 and late 1991 are due to the eruptions of El Chichón and Mt. Pinatubo. These eruptions spewed enough volcanic ash into the stratosphere to block part of the incoming sunlight and cool Earth’s surface and troposphere. The cooling can easily be seen in the measured satellite data in 1992-1993. The cooling event in 1983 happened by chance at more or less the same time as an El Niño event in 1983-84, making it harder to see. (Note that the same events warmed the stratosphere. See our TLS dataset.) The year-to-year variability of the measured data is dominated by El Niño/La Niña events, with an overall warming trend (0.123K/decade) on longer timescales.

The plot shows that the measured temperature rise is within the envelope of model predictions up until the late 2000’s. After that time, observed temperatures are sometimes less than any model prediction, and are clearly different than the mainstream model behavior. This slow-down in the warming, often called the “warming hiatus”, has become a major research topic over the last several years, and a source of much controversy across the blogosphere...

-Carl Mears, Ph.D.



 
Back
Top