Cyberpunk X-Men: Hong Kong (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
In an alternate version of history, the Axis Powers won World War II in 1945. The Germans took control of Europe, Africa, and the Americas, and the Japanese erected the Nippon Empire across Asia and Australia. In the years to follow, there were numerous skirmishes, revolts, and rebellions, but they were consistently stomped out. Two of the most well-established resistance groups early on were the Soviet Bratva and the American Underground, but even they suffered repeated failures.

In 1963, an elderly Adolf Hitler succumbed to illness and passed away, leaving a massive power vacuum. There were conflicts within the various factions of the Reich, leading to the Nazi Civil War from 1964 to 1967. When the machinations of one faction lead to the assassination of several members of the Japanese Royal Family, the Nippon Empire became involved and the conflict unfolded into a third World War, which raged on from 1967 to 1976, leaving much of the world devastated after nearly a decade of nuclear strikes.

One of the few areas left unscathed from the battle was Hong Kong, which became a refugee hub as thousands of survivors from around the globe swarmed to the island and surrounding area. Do to the vast swathes of fragmented governments and organizations also fleeing to the area, a handful of key influential figures joined together to stop the chaos, signing the Kowloon Accords in late 1978. The following year, several elections were held, leading to the formation of the thirty-member Congress of Kowloon on November 1st, 1979.

It is now September 2079, and many residents of Hong Kong are preparing for the upcoming 100th Unity Day, which celebrates the formation of the Congress. It has been a hundred years since the end of World War III, and while much of the planet is still remains partly radiated, Hong Kong and the surrounding area has flourished into an age of advanced technology and industry, with virtual reality, cybernetics, robotics, genetic engineering, and neural implants all becoming commonplace.

Pure-blooded humans, gene-spliced mutant hybrids, androids, cyborgs, and AI-controlled robots all populate the streets of Hong Kong as a sea of skyscrapers reaches towards the stars, displaying a variety of colored lights and flashy advertisements on their exterior walls. One of the largest and most lavish of these is Stark Tower, located in the center of the American-dominated Washington District. Another is Petrovitch Spire, located in the primarily Russian-inhabited Kremlin District.

In all, there are thirty public Districts within Hong Kong and the surrounding areas, and each one elects a single Representative to sit on the Congress of Kowloon, which meets at Union Complex, a walled-off area separate from the Districts. Unbeknownst to much of the general public, there exists a secret society within the ranks of both government and corporate entities -- HYDRA.

Most of the advanced virtual reality networks and servers tie into the Framework, where hackers and divers are often hired to commit corporate espionage and sabotage. Divers use the Full Dive Technology -- primarily NerveGear helmets -- to transport their minds into the Framework, usually inhabiting a created avatar. This can be used for sexual pleasure, though since LoveBots are readily available, that is usually the more popular option. A majority of Framework users are heavily involved in either competitive gaming or hacking, and often times both.

This RP is the story of the X-Men, a hacktivist group fighting against crime and corruption both in the streets and within the Framework. Under the tutelage of Professor Charles Xavier, the X-Men battle enemies along rooftops and back alleys throughout Hong Kong, as well as making use of Cerebro, Xavier's modified NerveGear system operating on an encrypted, private network to access the Framework.

Our missions will be split between physical and virtual operations, the latter involving us all secretly entering the Framework through Cerebro, similar to the Matrix. Our mutations and powers are all the result of genetic or biotechnical enhancements, either directly or passed on from spliced parents.

While using Xavier as sort of an NPC, I will also play an altered version of Marcos Diaz/Eclipse from the Gifted tv series as my main character. For a secondary character, I will also use a modified version of Vision, who is a human-like android fully capable of organic emotion. More to come if there is enough interest.
 
Back
Top