Handmaid's Tale files

Thirty years of sexual assault incidents. The public was never informed, about what they were supporting, and applauding.

Did Harvey Weinstein step on some sacred toes ?

The floodgates have opened.

He was not discreet.

Hollywood ?

Hollyweird.
 
Silenced women in the Handmaid's Tale-

Do not protest.

Do not resist.

https://jezebel.com/dont-make-a-scene-1819360859

You’re making a scene,” is a phrase that nearly every woman is familiar with. It’s invoked to command a kind of moral authority over women’s behavior, quickly coding it as irrational and veering towards crazy. To “make a scene” is a series of ever-changing images, flexible enough to be used to describe a range of behaviors. To “make a scene,” can be to act melodramatically or to overreact; to publicly express uncomfortable feelings or to be simply too visible, to draw too much attention to yourself, rendering your behavior wrong or even indecent. It can be to cry, to be angry, to be petulant or simply disagreeable. The phrase “to make a scene” purposefully conjures up the theater, it implies that “making a scene” is inauthentic and unnecessary; it suggests too, that such behavior is always unseemly and embarrassing.

History has repeated those opposing images, persistently granting moral and intellectual authority to the rational, with such regularity that they hardly seem citational any longer. Instead, those antique images are regularly updated in order to continue to shape reality, repeated for both our entertainment and our derision. Crazy ex-girlfriends and hysterical women still haunt because they are powerful—a compelling reminder that, left to their own devices, women will devolve into pure emotion. “You’re making a scene,” is a phrase that points to no particular behavior, no exact emotion, but instead signifies only the gender of the behavior. It is a quick corrective that, strengthed by the weight of history, shames the receipient, reminding them of an innate power dynamic and the ownernship of rational behavior.

“You’re making a scene,” is a phrase that grants power to the person who wields it; to say it out loud is to subsequently possess the moral judgment inherent in the phrase.
 
"Watch them rebuild the dam, so that we have to break it again."

Will Harvey Weinstein get away with it ?

He claims that it is not his fault. He is not to blame. The 1960s and 1970s were to blame, for treating women as second class citizens and sex objects. He has an excuse- he has a sex addiction.

He reconsidered his escape to Europe, and flew to Arizona. Last chance to talk to lawyers, at Uncle Sal's in Scotsdale ?

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...ey-houston-kate-moss-harvey-weinstein-9775067

A woman in the UK brings up a good point.

"There is almost nothing in American public life from which you can’t come back..."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/12/oscars-discuss-response-harvey-weinstein-allegations


October 14, 2017

Bob Weinstein Says Brother ‘Harvey Has No Remorse Whatsoever’ in Wake of Sexual-Harassment and Abuse Scandal


Bob Weinstein denies masterminding the New York Times exposé that led to his brother’s ouster from the Weinstein Company. “People that are liars — lying to his wife, to his children, to everyone — well, they have to turn around and say, ‘Who stabbed me?’ It’s unbelievable that even to this moment he is more concerned with who sold him out,” said Weinstein. “I don’t hear concern or contrition for the victims. And I want them to hear that. Harvey has no remorse whatsoever.”

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/bob-weinstein-says-brother-harvey-has-no-remorse-whatsoever.html


Bob Weinstein Says He Is Ashamed to be Harvey Weinstein’s Brother

As he fights to save The Weinstein Company, Harvey Weinstein’s business partner and younger brother says he doesn’t see true remorse from the fallen movie mogul

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/bob-weinstein-harvey-weinstein-rebrand-david-o-russell


Harvey Weinstein's Brother Bob Insists Everything Is Cool With The Weinstein Company


http://gothamist.com/2017/10/14/har...57.1163944868.1508031253-818432048.1508031253


"I was sent, on Election Eve 2000, to cover a book party he was hosting, along with my colleague Andrew Goldman. Weinstein didn’t like my question about O, there was an altercation; though the recording has alas been lost to time, I recall that he called me a cunt and declared that he was glad he was the “fucking sheriff of this fucking lawless piece-of-shit town.” When my colleague Andrew (who was also then my boyfriend) intervened, first calming him down and then trying to extract an apology, Weinstein went nuclear, pushing Andrew down a set of steps inside the Tribeca Grand — knocking him over with such force that his tape recorder hit a woman, who suffered long-term injury — and dragging Andrew, in a headlock, onto Sixth Avenue."

"Such was the power of Harvey Weinstein in 2000 that despite the dozens of camera flashes that went off on that sidewalk that night, capturing the sight of an enormously famous film executive trying to pound in the head of a young newspaper reporter, I have never once seen a photo. Back then, Harvey could spin — or suppress — anything; there were so many journalists on his payroll, working as consultants on movie projects, or as screenwriters, or for his magazine."



"After that incident, which was reported as a case of an aggressive reporter barging into a party she wasn’t invited to and asking impertinent questions, I began to hear from lots of other people, now other reporters, who were working, often for years, to nail down the story of Harvey’s sexual abuses, and thought that I, as someone who’d been a firsthand witness to his verbal and physical ones, could help."

"Weinstein didn’t just exert physical power. He also employed legal and professional and economic power. He supposedly had every employee sign elaborate, binding nondisclosure agreements. He gave jobs to people who might otherwise work to bring him down, and gave gobs of money to other powerful people, who knows how much, but perhaps just enough to keep them from listening to ugly rumors that might circulate among young people, among less powerful people. For decades, the reporters who tried to tell the story of Harvey Weinstein butted up against the same wall of sheer force and immovable power that was leveraged against those ambitious actors, the vulnerable assistants, the executives whose careers, salaries, and reputations were in his hands."

https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/why-the-weinstein-sexual-harassment-allegations-came-out-now.html
 
Un-intentional, hideous, un- informed, victim- blaming, from women ?

"Many women saw her narrative as victim blaming..."

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/176653/mayim-bialik-times-op-ed-sexual-harassment

Opinion

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/opinion/mayim-bialik-feminist-harvey-weinstein.html

“It is also not outrageous for anyone to [be] expected to be treated in a professional manner [sic] by anyone in a professional relationship.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ious-people-are-being/?utm_term=.c19a633feee1
 
The weirdest sight in America


An American that betrays 325,196,000 American people, for a job.

The ultimate, in me against you.

His job, his life, his liberty, and his pursuit of happiness, at the expense of every American in the country.


The American people that felt the deepest betrayal, told America that they would deliver leadership, that was the worst of the worst. They have given up their last hope, that as Americans, they would be delivered from destitution, poverty, illness, and suffering.

They have made good on their promise. They have delivered America into the hands of Americans that have become monsters.

Is is not strange, that an American will drape himself in the American flag, proclaim himself to be the most patriotic of American men, wear the crucified Christian Jesus the Christ, carry the Christian bible, and proclaim himself to be the most Christian of men- To place his hand on a bible, and swear to his God/god, that he will uphold the oath, and lie to everyone ?

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

In the eight years since the recession the Wilshire Total Market valuation has more than TRIPLED, rising from a little over $8 trillion to nearly $25 trillion. The great majority of it has gone to the very richest Americans. In 2016 alone, the richest 1% effectively shifted nearly $4 trillion in wealth away from the rest of the nation to themselves, with nearly half of the wealth transfer ($1.94 trillion) coming from the nation's poorest 90%—the middle and lower classes. That's over $17,000 in housing and savings per lower-to-middle-class household lost to the super-rich.


216 GOP House Members Just Voted to Destroy the Safety Net and Deliver a Trillion-Dollar Tax Cut to the Rich


https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ion-dollar-tax


The Republican-controlled U.S. Congress, meanwhile, is moving rapidly to adopt a tax plan that would deliver massive gains to the already wealthy while slashing safety net programs that low-income and middle class families depend on for survival.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ing-6-trillion

Swiss financial firm UBS found that the wealth of the world's billionaires grew by 17 percent in 2016, bringing their combined fortune to a record $6 trillion—more than double the gross domestic product of the United Kingdom.

"We're at an inflection point. Wealth concentration is as high as in 1905."
—Josef Stadler, UBSThe report also found that there are 1,542 billionaires in the world and more than 563 in the United States alone, more than any other country.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-country-s-too

Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker blamed Flake for his own predicament after writing a "provocative" anti-Trump book. He also said had no idea how Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee was being "helpful" on foreign policy concerns after Corker warned that Trump was “devolving” and could land us in World War III. Wicker didn't just throw his Senate colleagues under the bus, he drove it over them then backed up to make sure he had done the job.


Gillespie's campaign has been so noxious, the Washington Post Editorial Board called it "poisonous to Virginia and the nation."

Ed Gillespie serves as the anti-Jeff Flake in this allegory, opting to sell his soul to Trump in service of winning an election. And we have yet to see whether such a morally bankrupt bet leads only to the debasement of the Republican party or whether the GOP manages to drag the entire country down with it.


The symbol of America is our American eagle. Americans stand helpless, as the eagle is blinded, beak mutilated, claws torn off, wings crushed, feathers torn out. Poison forced down its throat. Tormented, inflicted with new wounds. Trapped, and unable to defend itself, or Americans that were once protected under its wings.
 
Mike Pence Just Got The Protest Of A Lifetime — And He’s Dumbfounded!

In a unique and powerfully visual stand against Vice President Mike Pence this past Thursday night in Denver, over a hundred women, garbed themselves in outfits that seem to be right out of Margaret Atwood’s novel “A Handmaid’s Tale” and made speeches against the Republican Party’s recent against women’s right and their reproductive freedoms.

Suck it Mikey! :)
 
Department of Justice on the side of anti-abortion zealots ?

November 3, 2017

ACLU legal director David Cole said in a statement that Jane Doe's lawyers had no obligation to delay the abortion to give the government time to again challenge the procedure.

"This administration has gone to astounding lengths to block this young woman from getting an abortion. Now, because they were unable to stop her, they are raising baseless questions about our conduct," Cole said. "Our lawyers acted in the best interest of our client and in full compliance with the court orders and federal and Texas law. That government lawyers failed to seek judicial review quickly enough is their fault, not ours."


https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman...f-court-orders?utm_term=.fabGlQNyG#.obPPaBrgP



It is unclear what sort of punishment the court might assign to the ACLU attorneys should it rule in favor of the DOJ. However, given that Jane Doe’s abortion has already taken place, it’s hard not to see the DOJ’s move as purely vindictive.



https://splinternews.com/the-doj-wants-to-punish-the-lawyers-for-the-undocumente-1820114787

With the help of the ACLU, (Jane) Doe filed suit, alleging that the government was violating her constitutional right to abortion access. After several setbacks, she prevailed at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit on Tuesday. The victory arrived just in time: Doe was about 11 weeks pregnant when she requested the abortion, but the government’s delay pushed her into the second trimester, forcing her to undergo a more complicated procedure. She obtained the abortion around her 16th week of pregnancy; Texas bans abortions after 20 weeks. It is not clear whether the Justice Department planned to appeal Tuesday’s decision to the Supreme Court, but obviously it is now too late to make a difference.

Trump administration can no longer force Doe to continue carrying her unwanted pregnancy. It may, however, attempt to deprive similarly situated women of their right to abortion access. The Office of Refugee Resettlement, which oversees shelters for unaccompanied, undocumented minors like Doe, has barred shelters from taking “any action that facilitates” abortion without “direction and approval” from ORR director Scott Lloyd. An anti-abortion activist and Trump appointee, Lloyd has written that “unborn child[ren]” of minors are “in our care,” and directed shelters not to let pregnant minors meet with attorneys to discuss abortion options. The Justice Department has vigorously defended Lloyd’s ability to force undocumented minors to carry unwanted pregnancies.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/10/25/jane_doe_undocumented_minor_obtains_abortion.html
 
This week, America has another mass murder to cope with.

Yet, again, a weapon capable of killing a mass of people, very quickly, is at the center of a tragedy.

Yesterday, I read what the local San Antonio newspapers had to say. What were people doing, before a killer stuck that day ?


JULY 15, 2016

What Mass Killers Really Have in Common

- Rebecca Traister

https://www.thecut.com/2016/07/mass-killers-terrorism-domestic-violence.html


http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-know-about-the-texas-church-shooting-suspect

http://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...gests-connection-between-gunman-texas-church/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...in-sutherland-springs/?utm_term=.eb664cba31b7


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...in-sutherland-springs/?utm_term=.1d9e9080ce44

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41884342


http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/devin-kelley


2015, when Dylann Roof opened fire in the Mother Emanuel A.M.E Church in Charleston, South Carolina, the victims felt their welcoming of a stranger had been rewarded with violence. “Every night somebody else gets killed in this country, and I have to relive that pain,” Sharon Risher, the daughter of Ethel Lance, one of the people who died, told Time. “I know what these people are going through.”

In 2012, a gunman murdered six people worshipping at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. “That day shattered my world,” Prabhjot Singh Rathor, the young son of one of the victims, recently told The Washington Post.

In 2008, a man shot eight people, killing two, during a play at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee. “This guy does not realize how many lives he totally destroyed,” said Amira Parkey, a teen who was in the play, in an interview with The New York Times. “People who do this, they think they’ve got problems, but they destroy so many other people’s lives.”



https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/church-shooting-texas/545018/

America was confronted with one of its worst ever mass shootings on Friday when 20 children and six adults were shot dead by a gunman who opened fire at an elementary school in Connecticut.

The massacre at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, about 65 miles north-east of New York, is understood to have been carried out by a lone gunman, who was later found dead at the scene.

State police lieutenant Paul Vance said 18 children died at the scene and two more died in hospital. Six adults were found dead at the school, Vance said. The bodies of the victims remain inside the school.

Sandy Hook, which had recently updated its security procedures, teaches children from kindergarten to fourth grade, ages five to 10.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/14/newtown-shooting-gunman-kills-20-children



There was a domestic situation going on,” Freeman Martin, a spokesman for the Texas department of public safety, said at a press conference on Monday a few metres from the scene of the shooting in Sutherland Springs, about 35 miles east of San Antonio.

Martin said that the named gunman, Devin Kelley, had sent threatening texts to his mother-in-law, who had attended the First Baptist church in the past but was not there on Sunday.

“He expressed anger towards his mother-in-law,” Martin said.

Of the deceased, 23 died in the church, two outside and one in hospital, Martin said. Among the 20 wounded, six were in stable condition or released, four in serious condition and 10 critical. The youngest to die was aged 18 months; the oldest was 77.

link


Lucy Richards, of Tampa, was indicted Monday for allegedly menacing Lenny Pozner — whose 6-year-old son Noah was one of 26 people slaughtered in the Connecticut elementary school four years ago.

According to a federal indictment, Richards sent Pozner four messages on Jan. 10 that warned him of imminent death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...atening-parent-child-victim-article-1.2901981


Clickbait equals money

Numerous posts are attempting to connect Devin Kelley, the man who killed at least 26 people inside the Sutherlands Spring church, with a range of different groups to which the far-right are opposed. That includes antifascists and Muslims – despite there being no proof that he was interested in or in contact with either.

(Within hours of a mass murder, the trolls of the interwebs plyed their trade- conspiracy theories)


The misinformation has been given extra credence and popularity because Google featured it in its results. Anyone attempting to search for the full name of the killer, Devin Patrick Kelley, was shown a series of tweets that erroneously linked him with Bernie Sanders, Islam and Antifa.


The misinformation mirrors that spread in the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, just weeks ago. In the aftermath of that attack, a number of trolls and activists attempted to link shooter Stephen Paddock with leftist and Islamist groups.


http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...g-murders-motive-name-of-killer-a8039611.html
 
Abuses animals, abuses children, abuses women.

Studies were done 20 years, ago.

"...kicked out of the Air Force after cutting a plea deal in which he admitted to fracturing his stepson’s skull, the former head of Air Force prosecutors said Monday.


Devin Patrick Kelley faced at least five years in a military prison for attacking the baby and also his wife, the former top Air Force prosecutor, retired Col. Don Christensen, said."

"An Air Force jury handed him a 12-month sentence in 2012, he said."


http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Gunman-in-church-attack-was-convicted-of-12336010.php

Retired Col. Don Christensen, who was the chief prosecutor for the Air Force at the time of Kelley's general court-martial, tells NPR that the case was serious.


"He fractured his baby stepson's skull," Christensen says.


http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...uld-have-been-legally-barred-from-owning-guns
 
I just got this email bulletin:
BREAKING NEWS
Monday, November 6, 2017 6:14 PM EST

The Air Force failed to enter the Texas gunman’s domestic assault charge into a database that would have prevented him from buying a gun

A day after a gunman massacred parishioners in a small Texas church, the Air Force admitted on Monday that it had failed to enter the man’s domestic violence court-martial into a federal database that could have blocked him from buying the rifle he used to kill 26 people.

The conviction of the gunman, Devin P. Kelley, for domestic assault on his wife and infant stepson — he had cracked the child’s skull — should have stopped Mr. Kelley from legally purchasing the military-style rifle and three other guns he bought in the last four years. But that information was never entered by the Air Force into the federal database for background checks on gun purchasers, the service said.
 
It has been a trend, for Right Wing activists to clothe their organizations in the words that imply that they are Democrats.

They hijack and steal.

All is fair, in love and war. Mass murder, inflicting injuries, violence, lies, deceit, theft, are all weapons allowed for Christians in the war against women.

Attacking ethical and honest Democrats, that seek to protect all freedoms- accusing Democrats of targeting religious freedom, and bringing oppression and loss of personal freedom.(Guns!) (LGBT!) (Minorities!)(Religious militancy, and fanaticism, and terrorism that does not originate from Christians!)

Extremist Right Religious groups are in favor of utterly corrupt, false faced, two faced, greedy, sexist, abusive, vile Republicans, that seek to reduce non-billionaire Americans to serfs in a White Supremacist Corporatocracy.

Christians cheer Cthulhu in a blonde wig, while he sells everything the Constitution was written to protect.(Except for guns. The Corporatocracy needs people that will commit mass murder. Chinese people thought they would soon enjoy Western style freedom. Tiannamen Square informed them that Chinese people would indeed kill Chinese people, if they were paid to do it.)

The fanatical anti abortionists harbor a fantasy of women saved from sin, and a fetus allowed to grow to term and provided a time to be born. The reality is the laws they wish to create, will only serve to fill private prisons, and provide slave wage labor for corporations. The reality is that corporations are legally making contracts with prisons, today. The corporations are working hand in hand with privately owned Christian "rehab farms," and the court system. The Christian rehab farm steals the money from the workers, and the corporations get labor for almost nothing. It is not a pretty picture. it is not humane, or decent, or very Christian.

It says something about the private prison industry, when President Obama pushed for the ending of using private prisons for undocumented immigrants, and stopped the increase of federal contracts with private prisons.

We have all witnessed what happens when a federal non profit program is taken over by a for profit institution. Profit first!


Willingly Placing A Blindfold on Their Own Eyes

One legs of the organizational octopus that pushed Donald Trump up the ladder, and into the Oval Office, was the anti abortion fanatics.
p

The two clowns that perpetuated a fraud against Planned Parenthood, and provided a false narrative, are still perpetuating the fraud that landed them in court.


Published on an anti- abortion web site-

November 9, 2017

“Planned Parenthood would literally get paid every time they provided a usable, dead baby to Stem Express.”


Pro-life journalist David Daleiden on his exclusive interview with a former employee of Stem Express, a medical research firm.


Two antiabortion activists behind undercover Planned Parenthood videos charged with 15 felonies

Two antiabortion activists whose controversial undercover videos accused Planned Parenthood doctors of selling fetal tissue were charged Tuesday with 15 felonies by California prosecutors.

State Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra’s office alleges that David Daleiden and his co-conspirator, Sandra Merritt, filmed 14 people without their consent at meetings with women’s healthcare providers in Los Angeles, Pasadena, San Franciso and El Dorado.

In January 2015, a grand jury in Houston cleared Planned Parenthood and instead indicted Daleiden and Merritt on felony charges of tampering with government records. The charges against the pair were fully dismissed in July.


As we have said from the beginning, and as more than a dozen different state investigations have made clear: Planned Parenthood has done nothing wrong, and the only people who broke the law are those behind the fraudulent tapes,” Carter said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-planned-parenthood-charges-activists-20170328-story.html


Within months of the video’s release, the Washington Post called Daleiden “the biggest star in the anti-abortion firmament.” The National Abortion Federation reported that violence and threats against abortion providers rose “dramatically” after the videos began to be released.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...ned_parenthood_activist_has_been_charged.html


March 29, 2017

2 Anti Abortion Activists Who Secretly Recorded Planned Parenthood Face New Felony Charges

The grand jury determined there was no sign of criminal wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood.

Instead, in a surprise twist, it indicted Daleiden and Merritt on felony charges of using fake drivers licenses to gain access to a Planned Parenthood meeting. They also indicted Daleiden on misdemeanor charges of trying to buy human tissue — the kind of misconduct he was trying to pin on Planned Parenthood.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ed-planned-parenthood-face-new-felony-charges


For violating the order, NAF’s lawyers have asked Orrick to refer Daleiden, Ferreira and Cooley to the US Attorney’s Office for “investigation and potential prosecution for criminal contempt of court,” to refer both criminal defense lawyers to the California Bar for potential disbarment, and to require them to pay NAF $17,103.26 to reimburse them for the amount they say the spent on security and other expenses because of the footage.

The California Attorney General’s office has also requested a disbarment investigation and that Daleiden and his criminal attorneys be held in contempt of state court for violating the seal on the names of complainants. The maximum sentence for contempt is $1,000 and six months jail time.


https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor...thood-could-be?utm_term=.yf1eoY2KA#.mvBM2qKdm

What sort of "news" is broadcasted by Eternal Word Television Network Inc. ?

Got Blindspot ?(self inflicted)
 
Crimes Against Fetuses ? Jail Term, and hard labor, both kinds.


How NY Prison 'Slave Labor' Powers A $50 Million Manufacturing Enterprise

November 2, 2017

According to DOCCS’ spokesperson Patrick J. Bailey, the “average Corcraft inmate wage during FY15-16 was 65 cents an hour or about $1,092 per inmate per year.” The lowest Corcraft wage is 16 cents per hour, though some can earn bonuses equal to $1.14 per hour.


State law requires local governments to purchase commodities from Corcraft if it has a product that satisfies the form, function and utility required. The law, in effect, gives Corcraft monopoly-like power over the state-wide municipal institution market because the law exempts Corcraft from another state law mandating competitive bidding.


According to Bailey, New York City is the largest single purchaser of Corcraft products. Cathy Hanson, a spokesperson for the Department of Citywide Services (the city agency responsible for keeping city agencies supplied), tells Gothamist that this fiscal year New York spent more than $15 million on Corcraft items.


While the Constitution’s 13th Amendment proscribes slavery and involuntary servitude, it contains a loophole: “Except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.

http://gothamist.com/2017/11/02/prison_slave_labor_ny.php
 
John-Allan Namu
@johnallannamu
·
Oct 21
On Weinstein, why is Lupita Nyong'o the only one being singled out?? Read her opinion piece and the details fall in line with others


Twitter users who caught wind of Weinstein’s statement were quick to point out how he individually singled out one of the few (if only) prominent celebrities of color to level such accusations at him since the Times blew the lid off of decades of allegations of predatory behavior.


http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2017/10/weinstein-lupita-nyongo-response


Why had Weinstein not said anything specifically about Gwyneth Paltrow after she accused him of making advances on her in a Beverly Hills hotel room under the guise of a work meeting? Or after Angelina Jolie alleged she had “had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth” and vowed never to work with him again? Or after TV journalist Lauren Sivan recalled Weinstein had once masturbated into a potted plant in front of her at a New York restaurant and club, an account that was later corroborated by the club owner?


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gos-harassment-claims/?utm_term=.1d32c0dfa1c0

gsgs comment- Weinstein was greedy, and a coward. She was a young student at Yale when he began his campaign against her. He muttered out loud, that there were things that he has done, that the world will never know about.

We are hearing from the women that survived...
 
Men that are hopeful of benefiting from a system that operates in a similar fashion to a totalitarian theocracy,would not have to look far.

It seems as if the Victorian hypocrisy never died, in America's government.

Sexual Harassers Have Cost Taxpayers $15 Million



Rep. Jackie Speier Says Sexual Harassers Have Cost Taxpayers $15 Million

November 15, 2017

"We do know that about $15 million has been paid out by the House on behalf of harassers (sexual misconduct lawsuits) in the last 10 to 15 years,” Speier revealed.


(Congresswoman Jackie Speier (D-CA)

Office of Compliance (OOC)

"It is like, the place where complaints (molestation, sexual assault, rape, sexual aggression, sexual harassment, stalking) go to die,” one staffer said of the Office of Compliance (OOC), which is supposed to investigate such allegations.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ers-15-million


NOVEMBER 14, 2017

Going forward, the House will adopt a policy of mandatory anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training for all Members and staff. Our goal is not only to raise awareness, but also make abundantly clear that harassment in any form has no place in this institution,” Ryan said in a statement.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/11/manda...the-house.html

11/09/2017


Senate unanimously approved legislation late Thursday that institutes mandatory sexual harassment training for senators and aides — a potentially meaningful shift amid calls for overhauling Capitol Hill's system for handling harassment complaints.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...s-aides-244762

House and Senate stuck in the 1800s- How does an office dominated by men, and operated for the benefit of men, respond, when a woman complains",He took liberties with me, and my person!" Before November 2017, the men put the complaining women through a process that ground the women into fragments, humiliated them, degraded them, and paid them off for their silence. The purpose of the office was to squelch scandal, and to protect predators.

House and Senate are the worst

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/u...itol-hill.html

Women who have spoken with HuffPost said they had no idea where to go when they experienced harassment, especially when the person harassing them was a high-ranking aide like a chief of staff or a legislative director. How the problem is dealt with varies by office.

Speier put up a graphic during Tuesday’s hearing showing the confusing process that staffers have to go through if they want to report harassment.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/speier-sexual-harassment_us_5a0b0d36e4b00a6eece46f84?gju

United States Congress Office of Compliance (OOC)

Committee on House Administration (CHA)

Report to OOC

(80% of victims do not report- Fear, that perpetrator will retaliate. Both political parties discourage disclosure, because the information can be used as a weapon.)

Wait 30 days

Get mandatory counseling (What does that look like ?)

Wait 30 more days

Mandatory Mediation (Yes, forced mediation.)

Cool off period wait 40 days (90 days after the complaint was filed with OOC

Face the perpetrator, and his defenders


Settlement approved by CHA

Tell the women to take the hush money, and get lost. The women have lost their careers, lost their honor, lost their livelihoods, and lost their network.

Punishment, for not keeping their mouths shut about abuse.

November 2017, and there is hope for change.

Committee on Rules and Administration.
 
Wave goodbye to Yellowstone ?

400 local businesses that depend on Yellowstone National Park are fighting Trump's billionaire pals

Roy Moore wants to join the Trump Cult
Religion, International Corporations,


Moore's Florence rally, the former judge outlined all the wrongs he sees in Washington and "spiritual wickedness in high places." He warned of "the awful calamity of abortion and sodomy and perverse behavior and murders and shootings and road rage" as "a punishment inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins.



http://beta.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-alabama-senate-runoff-20170921-story.html



Separation of church and state does not mean separation of God and government,” Moore thundered while addressing the Southern Baptist Convention’s pastor conference in 2005. “We’ve been deceived by a government that tells us we cannot worship God, contradictory to history, contradictory to law and contradictory to logic. … It’s time for Christians to take a stand.”


https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...donald-trump-christian-libertarianism/494843/
 
How men react to women coming forward with truthful testimony-

Punish the women!


The Republican party almost has the power to flip the porcupine on its back. It may fulfill its desire to ravage the intestines of the Democratic party, and tear into its heart. The Republican party needs every predator that it can enlist in the Republican cause. War has its casualties. Women that are sexually abused are counted among the collateral damage, in the holy war for White Supremacy.

Threat-

Lies are more powerful than the truth, when the source is from men in powerful positions. Men will punish women for not keeping silence.


"More women are sexual predators than men," said Raddish.



99 percent of statutory rape offenders were male. As well, 95 percent of the victims were female, the study reports.

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/21/pro-roy-moore-pastor-more-women-are-sexual-predators-than-men/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-no-data-support-that/?utm_term=.4a2f8764ba22


Over the weekend, Franklin Raddish, a pastor at Capitol Hill Independent Baptist Ministries, told an Alabama newspaper that the accusations against Roy Moore are part of a “war on men” — and that “more women are sexual predators than men.”
 
Utterly Corrupted System at All Levels

Just to keep women silent.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-secret-settlements



Harvey Weinstein drew upon a network of high-powered defense lawyers, former law-enforcement officials, and private investigators who help the wealthy try to thwart criminal investigations. Unbeknownst to her, Weinstein’s attorneys hired the private intelligence firm K2, founded by the corporate-intelligence magnate Jules Kroll, and tasked its agents with insuring that the Manhattan District Attorney, Cyrus Vance, did not press charges against Weinstein. One of Weinstein’s defense lawyers, Elkan Abramowitz, whose clients include New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and who is a partner at the firm that formerly employed Vance, oversaw K2’s work. The intelligence firm hired Italian private investigators to dig up information on Gutierrez’s sexual history, according to three individuals with knowledge of its work. (A spokesperson for K2 said that the firm’s work in the Gutierrez case involved only online and public-records searches regarding her past.)




The lawyers told the women that because neither had gone to the police immediately after the incident, reporting the attack at that time was “very clearly not an option.” Perkins said that she asked about reporting the incidents to Michael Eisner, the C.E.O. of Disney, which at the time owned Miramax, because she knew that Weinstein’s relationship with Eisner was under strain.


The lawyers dissuaded her from that, too. “They just said, ‘No way. Disney will crush you. Miramax will crush you. They will drag you, your family, your friends, your pets through the mud and show that you are unreliable, insane. Whatever they need to do to silence you.’ ” Perkins said that she felt trapped.
“I was, like, ‘Right. O.K. So, we can’t go to police because it’s too late. We can’t go to Disney ’cause they don’t give a shit. So who do we tell? Where’s the grownup? Where’s the law?’ ”
(Razi Mireskandari, the managing partner at Simons Muirhead & Burton, declined to comment on the negotiations or the final settlement, saying that the terms of the agreement barred him from discussing it.)



https://jezebel.com/the-new-yorker-goes-deep-into-weinsteins-history-of-pay-1820638298
 
Imagine at the age of 16 being sex-trafficked by a pimp named "cut-throat." After days of being repeatedly drugged and raped by different men you were purchased by a 43 year old child predator who took you to his home to use you for sex. You end up finding enough courage to fight back and shoot and kill him.

When she was just 16, Cyntoia Brown climbed into a pickup truck on Murfreesboro Pike with a stranger, drove to his home, got into his bed — then shot him in the back of the head with a .40-caliber handgun as he lay naked beside her.

Brown, now 28, is serving a life sentence at the Tennessee Prison for Women for the murder of Johnny Mitchell Allen, a 43-year-old Nashville real estate agent.

She will be eligible for parole sometime after her 69th birthday.

Brown has never denied her crime. She has said that she was forced into prostitution by a violent boyfriend. She believed the man who picked her up was reaching for his gun when she killed him.

“I shot him,” she said shortly after the crime. “I executed him.”
 
The Not Sweet Smell (ewww, it is a horrible smell!) of Success


New England is a wet state, when it is healthy. If the landscape is not collecting rainwater, it is collecting brackish water. Coping with ocean water. Science helps with protecting nature. On a personal level, I was witness to a million dollar water reclamation system built for a small family. They could keep their modest home near a wetland, but they paid for it. Now, they have no harmful impact. Nature carries on, in its ordinary way. OTOH, I was witness to the death of an ecosystems. Corruption, developers, and bribes, and consultants that betrayed the public. Maximum profit equals cutting corners, minimum spending. Science might have answers and solutions, but if you are allowed to ignore the problems, the pennies stay in your pocket.

They killed the most valuable resource there, for money.

"Oh, it is so lovely here! Let's build something that will kill everything that makes it lovely!"

"What is that terrible odor ? It is disgusting! It is unbearable!" DEATH STINKS


Water off the coast of southeastern Florida has turned an unusual and unsightly shade of brown in recent weeks, thanks to stormwater runoff from near-record rainfall.

Authorities from the South Florida Water Management District and Palm Beach County have confirmed that the murky waters are a result of stormwater runoff from record rainfall, and canal discharges were authorized to protect communities from flooding, according to the Palm Beach Post.

"In the short-term, the opaque water impacts and often kills the offshore corals and inshore seagrass beds."


Long-term, the sediment will eventually settle, but it will blanket corals and/or seagrass.

"Especially within our estuary, the next heavy rain event will add another layer of sediment until a thick layer of black muck that feels like mayonnaise replaces the sandy bottom," said Robbins. "In much of Palm Beach County’s estuaries, seagrasses won’t grow even when the water is clear because of the muck on the bottom. Seagrass, that valuable primary producer, can’t grow in the muck."

https://www.wunderground.com/news/2017-11-16-florida-stormwater-palm-beach-brown

A luxury golf community produces pollution and poison, if science is not allowed to intervene, the ecosystem gets sick and dies.

President Donald Trump’s recent executive order calling for a review of a rule protecting small bodies of water from pollution and development is strongly supported by golf course owners who are wary of being forced into expensive cleanups on their fairways.

It just so happens that Trump’s business holdings include a dozen golf courses in the United States, and critics say his executive order is par for the course: yet another unseemly conflict of interest that would result in a benefit to Trump properties if it goes through.


http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...help-his-golf-courses/Z65FxpTqJWV7gmPCE2J31N/

Storms have become huge, powerful, deadlier, and very destructive. We had a chance to intervene with climate change in the 1990s. Greed won. Why have trillionaires. Overpopulation won. We have climate change deniers. There are consequences. Old rich men are in control, and they can live in their Private Paradises, without seeing the awful results.
 
A clean tax bill, from Trump trolls and the Republican factions of 2017 ?

Not a chance.

Trump is willing to remain blind to the effort to bring the "Handmaids Tale" into our reality. Trump is willing to support anything that contributes to his personal gain.


Trump does not give a fuck about anything, or anyone, but himself. At his age, these are his retirement years. He is 71 years old. His empire is what he will have, when he leaves office (or prison.)He just knows money is needed for his empire. He protects what he perceives to be his brand.


Trump has made pacts with supporters, and Trump has not fulfilled his part. The death of Obamacare would have given the plan a kickstart. The tax plan is another attempt at kickstarting the plan. All of the propaganda efforts have born fruit. it takes very few people to subvert our government. People have been placed in the American government, that are perfectly willing to do anything for their faction.

"They’re gonna need the Senate’s handful of genuine fiscal conservatives to either keep quiet or play dumb.


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...icit-hawks-could-kill-the-trump-tax-cuts.html

Who will be dis-empowered ?

Anyone that works against the plan to push the reality of Handmaids Tale, forward. Anyone that is a scapegoat.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...social-policies-into-their-corporate-tax-cut/

"Big, fat, beautiful tax cut" for ultra-rich," economic personhood for fetuses, rewards for religious and corporate Trump supporters.


Pat Robertson's nonprofit could endorse political candidates for the first time since 1954.


"Inserting 'personhood' language into their tax bill is just the latest example of how they're trying to turn back the clock on this country."

The latest effort to instate legal precedent for fetal personhood, media reports have argued, was quietly added to the two GOP-sponsored tax-reform bills currently under consideration in the House and in the Senate. At issue is a somewhat obscure proposal regarding beneficiaries to what are termed “529 plans” (also known as qualified tuition programs), which are savings funds for college tuition. The new tax bills would make it explicitly legal to list an “in-utero” unborn child as a beneficiary to such saving funds. A description of the change in the Senate Bill describes the proposal.

Specified- "unborn child means child in utero" Republicans tried to change the legal definition and meaning of rape. Now they are seeking to insert a change to the legal definition of a fetus.


“This is a back-door attempt to establish personhood from the moment of conception,” said Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.)


The change to 529 is not necessary. There are legal provisions to include child when it is born.



Because the language included in the GOP’s 2017 tax overhaul legislation does not explicitly state a goal of creating legal precedent or fetal personhood, but because it implicitly does this through otherwise unnecessary regulation, we rate the claim that “fetal personhood” language is included in the 2017 GOP tax plan as mostly true.



https://www.snopes.com/gop-tax-bill-fetal-personhood-legislation/
 
The Kelly-Anne Conway creature performs her chore of bashing Roy Moore's adversary. She violated the Hatch Act. No one will slap her wrist.

I am reminded by news media that the KAC has pulled this act, before.

Selling the public on buying Ivanka junk, while serving the government, was a no-no. It did not stop her. No one put hand cuffs on her, and hauled her off. Her boss stood before the United Nations, and advertised his hotels. He used the Charlottesville murder to promote the family wine biz. Promoting Roy Moore is a top concern.


Five bleach blonde Southern women, and a grandmother participate in making an ad to promote Roy Moore. It is not hard to figure out that their fortunes are tied to Roy Moore's success. Another video ad has these political activists joined by two more false blondes. They have a whole small club, to pose for the camera, and back up their lies.

gsgs comment- I am sad to say that many are from my age group. I understand that slavery warped their culture. But, it is 2017. Southern Plantation Belle ended a century, ago. There is no excuse for this.


These women, are women that are selling out other women, for personal gain.




They do not care about what happens to daughters, nieces, grand-daughters. Here are the women that would gladly bring Handmaids Tale to our lives.

As if they would not suffer, as much as any woman if they did.
 
During the 1990s, Christian activists were told to fill every political and civic position that they could find. I am guessing that it went further than that. The Extremist Right Religious in the United States are a power that the the Republicans call upon for money, votes, and shenanigans with ballots, voting districts.

What are the chances, that Extremist Christians have infiltrated every level of society ?

You could not much more Extremist Right Religious that Roy Moore. That usually means some cringe inducing sexual scandal.

The whole town that Roy Moore operated in, knew he was a pervert.

Respectable people backed up the stories of the victims of Roy Moore's perversion.


That riled the resting snakepit of Christians, and now the double agents are coming out of the woodwork.

Revenge! The Christians are taking out Liberal icons.


Garrison Keillor cancels show


November 29, 2017

PITTSFIELD — A city appearance by Garrison Keillor, the former host of "A Prairie Home Companion," was canceled Wednesday afternoon, just hours after he announced he had been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of improper behavior.

Formal word of the cancellation came shortly thereafter from DSP Shows, producer of the event, which was not a Berkshire Theatre Group presentan.

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/stori...over-allegations-of-improper-behavior,525784?

The syndicated column that GK wrote, just before the news exploded all over him


The greatest absurdity of our time is You Know Whom, which goes without saying but I will anyway.

(More jokes and info)

The playboy blather, the smirk of privilege, the stunning contempt for factual truth — how can the country come together when the president has nothing in common with 98 percent of the rest of us ?

Al Franken should resign? That’s absurd!

And then there is Sen. Al Franken.

He did USO tours overseas when he was in the comedy biz. He did it from deep in his heart, out of patriotism, and the show he did was broad comedy of a sort that goes back to the Middle Ages. Shakespeare used those jokes now and then, and so did Bob Hope and Joey Heatherton when they entertained the troops. If you thought that Al stood outdoors at bases in Iraq and Afghanistan and told stories about small-town life in the Midwest, you were wrong. On the flight home, in a spirit of low comedy, Al ogled Miss Tweeden and pretended to grab her and a picture was taken. Eleven years later, a talk show host in LA, she goes public, and there is talk of resignation. This is pure absurdity, and the atrocity it leads to is a code of public deadlines. No kidding.
 
Sexual aggression and attempted rape

"Senator Packwood engaged in a pattern of abuse of his position of power and authority as a United States Senator by repeatedly committing sexual misconduct, making at least 18 separate unwanted and unwelcome sexual advances between 1969 and 1990," the Ethics Committee report detailed. "In most of these instances, the victims were members of Senator Packwood's staff or individuals whose livelihoods were dependent upon or connected to the power and authority held by Senator Packwood. These improper acts bring discredit and dishonor upon the Senate and constitute conduct unbecoming a United States Senator."

"It just is stunning to me that the people who are abusing their power don't understand that it's wrong, it's immoral and it's dangerous."


-Sen. Barbara Boxer
 
Back
Top