Word 2013 vs WPS (kingsoft) Track Changes

LadyVer

Definitely not a mouse
A while back I switched from MS Word 2007 to Word 2013. Although I wasn't happy with the Track Changes layout/ease of use in Word 2013, so far I haven't had that many problems. Until today. The current project I'm editing has a lot of comments, some of them long.

What is your experience with using Track Changes in the WPS Windows pc version?

Here's what I did: I downloaded and installed the kingsoft writer app. Looked around, made a few tweaks, said, "meh," and went back to Word 2013. In the Word document, I hid the comments, then processed the edits and revisions from the writer. I'm now processing the comments. I miss Word 2007. :(

The end.

Is MSW 2007 no longer accepted for Lit?

A while back I switched from MS Word 2007 to Word 2013. Although I wasn't happy with the Track Changes layout/ease of use in Word 2013, so far I haven't had that many problems.

Not an answer to your question, but was there some compelling reason that you left Word 2007 ... short of MS wanted your money on your life? I ask as a longtime lover of MSWord 2003 who has found that the later releases just layed on stuff I didn't need and cluttered the screen space. I was hoping to do some proofing w/ TrkChg on but using 2003 or 2007. you have me worried that Lit may find the output unaccetable.

Not an answer to your question, but was there some compelling reason that you left Word 2007 ... short of MS wanted your money on your life? I ask as a longtime lover of MSWord 2003 who has found that the later releases just layed on stuff I didn't need and cluttered the screen space. I was hoping to do some proofing w/ TrkChg on but using 2003 or 2007. you have me worried that Lit may find the output unaccetable.

I left Word 2007 because my old laptop had the Windows XP operating system. When I bought a new pc, it was cheaper to go with Office 365, which is Office 2013.

To submit a story , the writer needs to make sure the markups in Track Changes have been processed and cleared. If not, I would guess it could cause problems in the submission process that could have otherwise been avoided.

Last edited:
Back