The Literotica Tag team competition?

My favorite DC Golden age characters were the weird ones The Spectre, Doctor Fate, The Phantom Stranger.

And Solomon Grundy just rocks.

I'm into Golden Age/silver age horror, The Original EC titles and all those cheesy giant monster Marvel(atlas then) comics.

DC had the best horror aside from EC. One of the gems of my collection is a pretty decent copy of House Of Mystery #1, DC's first horror comic.

Okay, I'll stop now.

Starting to have bad flashbacks of when I owned the store.

I have never read comics. Too many pictures. I'm not visual at all.

That,s cause DC bought EC. DC ad a habit of buying out competitors that got too big and began to compete. That,s why DC and marvel are the only major ones left, and the rest are too small too threaten the big boys. Kinda be like Woolworths taking on Walmart

That,s cause DC bought EC. DC ad a habit of buying out competitors that got too big and began to compete. That,s why DC and marvel are the only major ones left, and the rest are too small too threaten the big boys. Kinda be like Woolworths taking on Walmart

DC didn't buy EC.

William Gaines was killing DC and Marvel(which was so bad in the 50's they were close to going out of business)

But when Wertham came out with the infamous "Seduction of the innocent" blaming comics for corrupting kids(50's commie propaganda) the Government wanted a comics code which wouldn't allow certain things.

DC could have fought it, but instead sat back and watched EC fold because they were the most graphic back in the day. So they let it in.

Gaines had the last laugh though because the code specified comics. So he turned around and all his EC crew made Warren MAGAZINES. Creepy Eerie and Vampirella with more graphic content, but they were not comics and slipped the code.

Now on the other hand in the early sixties Marvel was so bad off DC was publishing their titles for them and only limited them to a handful a month. Thne Lee and Kirby created Fantastic Four and history was made

Yes all you younger comic fans it was The Fantastic Four/Spiderman/HUlk/THor/Iron Man that launched Marvel

Not the fucking X-men and especially not the over used and downright sickening at this point Wolverine.

Course the funny thing about the Comics code is there was never anything really bad in there it was just BS. But now there is no code and they are fll of torture gang rapes drug use graphic sex and.....now there have to be certain comics just for kids. Its an adult industry now and pretty sad.

Comics, blah, never quite got into the comic thing. I think I was already reading the greats by then. Heinlein, Drake, Dickson, Boroughs, Reynolds, McCaffrey, Laumer, Saberhagen, Anvil ,etc., etc.

I think I read a Superman comic once. When I was very young. Didn't stick though.

Comics, blah, never quite got into the comic thing. I think I was already reading the greats by then. Heinlein, Drake, Dickson, Boroughs, Reynolds, McCaffrey, Laumer, Saberhagen, Anvil ,etc., etc.

I think I read a Superman comic once. When I was very young. Didn't stick though.

I no longer read the newer ones for reasons mentioned above.

Still like the old ones though and I make a very nice income on them through my ebay store

I no longer read the newer ones for reasons mentioned above.

Still like the old ones though and I make a very nice income on them through my ebay store

There are still good stories being printed in newer comics, but you definitely have to wade through a lot of bad stories to find them. And a lot of these stories are crossing over to mainstream media (Walking Dead, Captain America and the Winter Soldier, Scott Pilgrim etc.).

The thing I don't like about comics today is the price. It doesn't surprise me that they're aimed at adults, a kid could never afford what they charge for them today!

And I'm also a big fan of the old EC comics that LC mentioned. They were way ahead of their time and their stories (based on stories by authors like Ray Bradbury) inspired many of the next generation of authors, like Stephen King (who wrote the movie Creepshow as a homage to the EC comics of his childhood).

And as mentioned, the publisher of EC moved to magazine publishing after the censors drove him out of the comics industry and had his biggest success with a magazine still going today, years after his death - Mad Magazine.

Wow. My partner and I are doing a final read through today.

You're all in deep shit. This is really freaking good!

As a reader, when are you going to publish this. I haven't bothered to read all the thread, but am interested in the results. :)

As a reader, when are you going to publish this. I haven't bothered to read all the thread, but am interested in the results. :)

Stories are going to be submitted to Lit on the 10th to hopefully post Friday the 11th or Saturday the 12th.

They will all be posted under the same name Odd coupling.

So hopefully by weeks end they are up.

If you check them out feel free to come back to the thread and weigh in on them. I'm sure everyone would love the feedback and guesses

By the weekend, Jack. Assuming there are no hold ups and Laurel is able to publish them fairly quickly.

Edited because we all posted at the same time, aren't we the eager beavers to get some readership :D

I am going to PM Laurel today and let her know the deadline is fast approaching :)

Last edited:
As of this moment in time there are 5 stories on the starting blocks!

Four more to come in and time is ticking by so fast, thanks to those people who have them in early.

After just a little sneak peek there don't seem to be any problems so far, good luck everyone racing towards the deadline. I am getting excited to see them all go up :)

1.5 Days to go............ :eek:

Well, before the stories go up, I'd like to make this very important disclaimer about the story I've written with my partner. If it's good, it's totally my partner's wise contributions that made it so. If it sucks, I take the complete blame for destroying my partner's ideas.

They had to suffer greatly.

Just sent my partner my final edit. He wil make the final changes and we're done,

Oh and BTW don't blame me when our story gets the H while yours struggle to break past a 2.

Just sent my partner my final edit. He wil make the final changes and we're done,

Oh and BTW don't blame me when our story gets the H while yours struggle to break past a 2.

You can have a red H my partner and i will be taking home the tag team championship bet to hoist above the mantle :D Made from all that gold Saxon_Hart wanted :)

Back