Legacy: A Star Trek RP (Interest Check / Casting Call / OOC thread)

Chief Science Officer

Character Application

Name: Cavera Rhinquist (Nicknames: "Cavy", "Cav", "Zippy")
Species/Race: Human
Rank*: Lieutenant JG
Position: Science Officer
Division**: Science

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Green
Physical Description: Lithe but athletic

Family: Charles Rhinquist (Father, Alive, Starfleet Commander), Rivain Rhinquist (Mother, Alive, Starfleet Medical Officer), Eric Rhinquist (Brother, Alive, Starfleet Lieutenant-Commander), Delan Rhinquist (Brother, Alive, Starfleet Lieutenant JG)

Personality & Traits: Cavy is an eccentric genius. She was born with an exceptional IQ and holds doctorates in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Genetics. She also has significant training and experience in medicine. Cavy grew up with Starfleet in her blood and is comfortable adapting to nearly any environment as long as she is challenged and can explore. Her brain is constantly working out new ideas and solving problems, and she often has the bad habit of cutting off mid-sentence to work out a solution or test out a theory. Cavy earned her ranking on her achievements in gene-editing, development of various vaccines and discovery of two new atomic elements. Cavy has a good heart, but sometimes struggles to understand other people. She's full of energy and constantly moving, earning her the nickname "Zippy". In order to control her hyperactive nature, Cavy picked up martial arts and is skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Cavy is fiercely loyal and considers her crew to be her extended family. While Cavy had the option of serving under her Father, she wanted to establish her own identity outside of her family and decided to serve under Captain Hunter.

Hobbies & Interests: Almost anything and everything catches her attention, especially if it's a problem she can't quite solve immediately. She's often found in the lab working on various experiments. She's accomplished in various martial arts forms, after her father and brother introduced her to them to control her hyperactive behavior. She doesn't mind getting dirty and is eager to be on the ground collecting specimens and studying new planets, people and lifeforms. She has a collection of plants from all over the universe in her lab.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: Science. Science. Science. She's also your go-to-person to solve problems, riddles, puzzles or to get out of a sticky situation (i.e. think MacGyver like). Various martial arts forms.

Service Record:

2257: Graduated from Starfleet Academy
2264: Assigned to U.S.S. Chimera

Last edited:
Character Application

Name: Cavera Rhinquist (Nicknames: "Cavy", "Cav", "Zippy")
Species/Race: Human
Rank*: Lieutenant JG
Position: Science Officer
Division**: Science

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Green
Physical Description: Lithe but athletic

Family: Charles Rhinquist (Father, Alive, Starfleet Commander), Rivain Rhinquist (Mother, Alive, Starfleet Medical Officer), Eric Rhinquist (Brother, Alive, Starfleet Lieutenant-Commander), Delan Rhinquist (Brother, Alive, Starfleet Lieutenant JG)

Personality & Traits: Cavy is an eccentric genius. She was born with an exceptional IQ and holds doctorates in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Genetics. She also has significant training and experience in medicine. Cavy grew up with Starfleet in her blood and is comfortable adapting to nearly any environment as long as she is challenged and can explore. Her brain is constantly working out new ideas and solving problems, and she often has the bad habit of cutting off mid-sentence to work out a solution or test out a theory. Cavy earned her ranking on her achievements in gene-editing, development of various vaccines and discovery of two new atomic elements. Cavy has a good heart, but sometimes struggles to understand other people. She's full of energy and constantly moving, earning her the nickname "Zippy". In order to control her hyperactive nature, Cavy picked up martial arts and is skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Cavy is fiercely loyal and considers her crew to be her extended family. While Cavy had the option of serving under her Father, she wanted to establish her own identity outside of her family and decided to serve under Captain Hunter.

Hobbies & Interests: Almost anything and everything catches her attention, especially if it's a problem she can't quite solve immediately. She's often found in the lab working on various experiments. She's accomplished in various martial arts forms, after her father and brother introduced her to them to control her hyperactive behavior. She doesn't mind getting dirty and is eager to be on the ground collecting specimens and studying new planets, people and lifeforms. She has a collection of plants from all over the universe in her lab.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: Science. Science. Science. She's also your go-to-person to solve problems, riddles, puzzles or to get out of a sticky situation (i.e. think MacGyver like). Various martial arts forms.

Service Record:

2357: Graduated from Starfleet Academy
2364: Assigned to U.S.S. Chimera

Approved

Hello everyone ... I would like to join but have a question. The date that you give 2364 is when Enterprise D starts it's voyage under the command of Picard. The original Star Trek under the Command of Kirk begins in 2264. Was wanting to know which timeframe so that my service record matches the Time it is.

Hello everyone ... I would like to join but have a question. The date that you give 2364 is when Enterprise D starts it's voyage under the command of Picard. The original Star Trek under the Command of Kirk begins in 2264. Was wanting to know which timeframe so that my service record matches the Time it is.

Thanks for letting me know about that error there AS. If you look in the IC thread I do indeed have the correct year of 2264. Was just a typo on my part. We are starting in that same year as TOS started.

Thanks for letting me know about that error there AS. If you look in the IC thread I do indeed have the correct year of 2264. Was just a typo on my part. We are starting in that same year as TOS started.

Thank you, I have a character to submit for approval if I may:

Name: T’Nara Winters
Species/Race: Human/Vulcan
Position: Ex-officer
Division: Command

Height: 6’
weight: 134 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye color: Blue
Physical Description: Athletic

Family Background: T’Nara’s father Comodore Alex Winters commands Deep Space three, Mother T’Tara Winters Retired Vice Admiral lives on DS-3 with Husband.)

Personality & Traits: T’Nara is one whom accepts what is given, good or bad. She is ambitious and motivated to bring knowledge back to the citizens of the Federation. She is devoted to crew, ship, Federation in that order and unwilling to alter from that line of progression. She is tolerant, open-minded, fair and slow to form a judgmental view of another crew member.

Hobbies & Interests: Linguistics for she beliefs that being in command, one should have the ability to translate the languages of new contacts. She has a love of Earth and Vulcan history due to being Bi-racial she wants to know everything about both cultures, Archeology goes along with learning her heritage on both sides. She enjoys Terran soft rock, New age, and Traditional Vulcan music. She loves and is often found in the mess hall cooking traditional style feat for crew and captain, and Space Exploration, which is her ultimate passion of life.

Personal history: That’s just it, it’s personal …

Service Record:
2250: Graduated from Starfleet command
2250: Assigned to the USS Farragut
2254: Promoted to Lieutenant
2255: Promoted to Lieutenant-Commander (Previous Lt. Commander Torrow KIA at Epsilon Canaris III)
2264: Reassigned to the USS Chimera as Executive Officer , Promoted to Commander

Thank you, I have a character to submit for approval if I may:

Name: T’Nara Winters
Species/Race: Human/Vulcan
Position: Ex-officer
Division: Command

Height: 6’
weight: 134 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye color: Blue
Physical Description: Athletic

Family Background: T’Nara’s father Comodore Alex Winters commands Deep Space three, Mother T’Tara Winters Retired Vice Admiral lives on DS-3 with Husband.)

Personality & Traits: T’Nara is one whom accepts what is given, good or bad. She is ambitious and motivated to bring knowledge back to the citizens of the Federation. She is devoted to crew, ship, Federation in that order and unwilling to alter from that line of progression. She is tolerant, open-minded, fair and slow to form a judgmental view of another crew member.

Hobbies & Interests: Linguistics for she beliefs that being in command, one should have the ability to translate the languages of new contacts. She has a love of Earth and Vulcan history due to being Bi-racial she wants to know everything about both cultures, Archeology goes along with learning her heritage on both sides. She enjoys Terran soft rock, New age, and Traditional Vulcan music. She loves and is often found in the mess hall cooking traditional style feat for crew and captain, and Space Exploration, which is her ultimate passion of life.

Personal history: That’s just it, it’s personal …

Service Record:
2250: Graduated from Starfleet command
2250: Assigned to the USS Farragut
2254: Promoted to Lieutenant
2255: Promoted to Lieutenant-Commander (Previous Lt. Commander Torrow KIA at Epsilon Canaris III)
2264: Reassigned to the USS Chimera as Executive Officer , Promoted to Commander

Accempted. I'll be sending you a PM with some information.

Awesome first post there AS. But just wanted to make a point of order in case I might have not made it clear enough in my posts. Mack's wife is dead. Those few times were I have him talking to her... it's in his head where he is imagining he's talking to her and hearing what she would tell him in certain situations.

Awesome first post there AS. But just wanted to make a point of order in case I might have not made it clear enough in my posts. Mack's wife is dead. Those few times were I have him talking to her... it's in his head where he is imagining he's talking to her and hearing what she would tell him in certain situations.

My apologies, I have edited my post.

Main Engineering

Just putting a few pics here to give everone an idea of what Engineering looks like on this new ship. The room itself looks like this.

main_engineering_zpsriktroec.png

The warp core however looks more like the one that was on voyager.

warp_core_by_falindriel.jpg

And size wise is more like the one on the Enterprise-E

ee-engineering.jpg

Is the Chimera equipped with an AI or a VI?

All Federation starships have an AI. We saw that during the original series and is true in our game. As a practice the Federation choose not to give the AI's personality. Which is why they always just refer to it as "Computer".

So as of right now that's how things stand in our universe as well. Doesn't mean that may not change in the future.

Just want to get some feedback from all of you and see if you like how things are going thus far?

Well I'm home tucked in waiting out this hurricane. Was hoping to have some stuff to repond to by now. I'm not trying to rush anyone, just going a bit stir crazy I think lol.

Well the good news is that we never lost power here. So far as we know no damage to the house, wating for them to lift the cerfew which will be at around 0700 in the morning before I can get out and about again.

Crew Manifest Update

As of the last check this is the current list. Have had a few interested parties contact me off list. Waiting to hear back from them.

Commanding Officer: Capt. Mack Hunter
Executive Officer: Cdr. T’Nara Winters
Engineering Officer: Open
Medical Officer: Open
Helmsman: Open
Navigator: Open
Communications: Open
Science Officer: Lt. (JG) Cavera Rhinquist
Security Officer: Lt. (JG) Dale Steward

Note: Not sure how much I can post, as this is the 3rd thread i'd be active in, but I have been watching a bunch of Hannibal and thought it'd be interesting to explore how someone like that might fit into the utopia of Startrek.

Though I'm not afraid of internal conflict amongst the crew from time to time. I must admit that having a Hannibal type on board worries me. Do you mean Hannibal type in just how he carries himself, or do you also mean similar in his criminal activities?

Note: Not sure how much I can post, as this is the 3rd thread i'd be active in, but I have been watching a bunch of Hannibal and thought it'd be interesting to explore how someone like that might fit into the utopia of Startrek.

Though I'm not afraid of internal conflict amongst the crew from time to time. I must admit that having a Hannibal type on board worries me. Do you mean Hannibal type in just how he carries himself, or do you also mean similar in his criminal activities?

I don't think it's possible to be a serial murderer in the 23rd century, so no I won't kill any crew members. With advsnced AI and surveillance, its not something you can hid most places... Except maybe on run down, nearly forgotten mining colonies. Anyway, more of his personality and motivations explored within the confines of the 23rd century. He may grow human body parts to eat them, but that could be off screen like most of it is in the series. Or not at all, if that's what you'd prefer.

As

I don't think it's possible to be a serial murderer in the 23rd century, so no I won't kill any crew members. With advsnced AI and surveillance, its not something you can hid most places... Except maybe on run down, nearly forgotten mining colonies. Anyway, more of his personality and motivations explored within the confines of the 23rd century. He may grow human body parts to eat them, but that could be off screen like most of it is in the series. Or not at all, if that's what you'd prefer.

CMO accepted.

Back