The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerks HP out of the wall.

It's a liquid that some yahoo made up that is supposed to taste like something was wood smoked. The chemicals will kill you in too large an amount.

Okay, try this, instead.

Chicken Roasted on a Bed of Rosemary

Defrost a chicken and bring it to room temperature. Pat it dry. If you want, let it sit uncovered in the fridge overnight. This puts a really nice crispy skin on the outside.

Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and then go out in the garden and clip a lot of rosemary branches. Not 'sprigs' people, branches! Lay out a bed of these branches on the foil thick enough to keep a 3 lb. +/- lb. fryer off the bottom of the pan.

Salt, pepper and garlic the inside and under the skin of the breast and legs and truss. It helps if you cut out the wishbone, too.

Roast at 450F for 25 minutes and then reduce the heat to 400F for another 45. Check to make sure the bird is at least 160F internal. If it is, take it out and let it sit for 25 min. and carve.

I served this with risotto. Gnocchi would work or any pasta. Vegetable of your choice.

I'd drink a red with this, not a white. It's pretty boldly flavored, especially the white meat. And it's easy, too. I like easy . . .

Okay, try this, instead.

Defrost a chicken and bring it to room temperature. Pat it dry. If you want, let it sit uncovered in the fridge overnight. This puts a really nice crispy skin on the outside.

Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and then go out in the garden and clip a lot of rosemary branches. Not 'sprigs' people, branches! Lay out a bed of these branches on the foil thick enough to keep a 3 lb. +/- lb. fryer off the bottom of the pan.

Salt, pepper and garlic the inside and under the skin of the breast and legs and truss. It helps if you cut out the wishbone, too.

Roast at 450F for 25 minutes and then reduce the heat to 400F for another 45. Check to make sure the bird is at least 160F internal. If it is, take it out and let it sit for 25 min. and carve.

I served this with risotto. Gnocchi would work or any pasta. Vegetable of your choice.

I'd drink a red with this, not a white. It's pretty boldly flavored, especially the white meat. And it's easy, too. I like easy . . .

DEAR....GOD......WANT!!!!

Smother fried over a bed of rice and gravy. :)
Marinated in Tabasco, dredged with flour and Italian seasoning, browned in Olive oil and simmered in a mix of half chicken stock and half dry sherry then thicken the liquid and pour over rice. Italo-Cajun heaven.
Milk marinade of Tabasco sauce, crushed garlic, mined onion, fresh cracked black pepper, and salt, set in the fridge over night.

Dredged in seasoned flour - salt, pepper, dried basil, oregano, parsley - run through an egg wash, rolled into Panko. Set aside.

In a large pot, onions, bell peppers, and celery are sauteed in...oh hell, now I want to make some sort of gumbo!!!
Holy... I go away to take a nap and y'all ruined my perfectly simple rabbit!

Seriously, what could be easier than quartering a rabbit and letting it simmer in a pressure cooker with eight ounces of cider, a couple sliced stems of leek and a pinch each of salt and pepper?

Okay, try this, instead.

Okay Bear, this I can do. I'll have to get an extra rosemary plant this year... oh darn. ;)

Holy... I go away to take a nap and y'all ruined my perfectly simple rabbit!

Seriously, what could be easier than quartering a rabbit and letting it simmer in a pressure cooker with eight ounces of cider, a couple sliced stems of leek and a pinch each of salt and pepper?

Okay Bear, this I can do. I'll have to get an extra rosemary plant this year... oh darn. ;)

You mean apart from the fact I'm not keen on Rabbit ?
And simmer for how long at what pressure (5, 10 or 15) ?

Okay, not really liking rabbit would be important.

I really don't know how long it is simmered, or at what pressure. It's usually being cooked while I'm out running errands.

An aunt would take a bunch of root veggies, through them in a pot with rabbit parts and stew it for forever.

Me, I'd never have it. She'd make me kielbasa

The wall was hard. When I came up against it, I realized it was too tall to climb. there was no going forward, and I've no desire to go back. Back is never the way.

Such is life.

The wall was hard. When I came up against it, I realized it was too tall to climb. there was no going forward, and I've no desire to go back. Back is never the way.

Such is life.

Very True.
But you can borrow my book of Spells & my tripod if you think it would help.

Rolph...something for hangovers, please.

So cold over here. Maybe if I can get up and out, I'll get some pictures of frost covered trees from the woods nearby.

Wife's back in the kitchen tomorrow. Lord, give me strength!

She's using the crockpot/slow cooker to make pulled pork, have a 4 lb butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back