"Duck Dynasty" star banned from show for anti-gay comments

I agree with everything you said except the part about her wanting equal time for all religions. She only wants equal (or more time) for Christianity.

Oh, I know what she actually wants. I still stand by the fact that we live (or i do I admit to not knowing where you live) in a country where Christian Mythology is well known. Most Americans couldn't tell you anything about any non Christian Religion save the most basic of basic information. If the idea is to educate children you'd be much better off spending a week explaining say Hannukah and Passover and a week explaining Muslim Holidays and five minutes saying "Who was born on X-Mas? Who came back from the dead on Easter? Who was crucified? Congratulations you know as much as most who practice the religion.!"

Ban lifted. Breaking news...

Surprise. No wait not surprise, not only was this ultimately without consequence at this point. . .okay it wasn't. It was a massive publicity stunt so the consequence will be higher ratings.

Sean TheChode's standard response:

"Most American's don't know about (fill in the blank). You shouldn't speak in generalities but all Americans (fill in the blank). Snark, snark, snark, but all Americans are stupid and (fill in the blank) can't possibly know as much about any topic as I do. Because I went to a great Junior College."

True story.....EVERY time.

Sean TheChode's standard response:

"Most American's don't know about (fill in the blank). You shouldn't speak in generalities but all Americans (fill in the blank). Snark, snark, snark, but all Americans are stupid and (fill in the blank) can't possibly know as much about any topic as I do. Because I went to a great Junior College."

True story.....EVERY time.

You're a lonely loser. True story.

Look up the word sycophant. Your questions signal you clearly don't know what it means.

Anyone that wants to endorse TheChode's chosen, repeated, and oh, so tired method of simply dismissing everyone as less informed than he, which is a complete appeal to higher authority in the guise of legitimate intellect.....is a sycophant, given their failure to pull back the curtain and see just how phony that is.

The best part about this story? That the free market of ideas forced the reactionary left to eat their fascist display of quashing any and all opinions or beliefs that weren't their own, and how much it upsets them because of it. Not as strong as you thoughtnit was, huh? Waaaah.

Beautiful.

The Robertsons may not be emblematic of America, but the great American family has a place for the Robertsons for sure. What it doesn't have a place for is the raging intolerance of the left.

Look up the word sycophant. Your questions signal you clearly don't know what it means.

Anyone that wants to endorse TheChode's chosen, repeated, and oh, so tired method of simply dismissing everyone as less informed than he, which is a complete appeal to higher authority in the guise of legitimate intellect.....is a sycophant, given their failure to pull back the curtain and see just how phony that is.

Renard?

The best part about this story? That the free market of ideas forced the reactionary left to eat their fascist display of quashing any and all opinions or beliefs that weren't their own, and how much it upsets them because of it. Not as strong as you thoughtnit was, huh? Waaaah.

Beautiful.

The Robertsons may not be emblematic of America, but the great American family has a place for the Robertsons for sure. What it doesn't have a place for is the raging intolerance of the left.

Damn right, soul brother! Denying basic civil rights to those with different ideologies and beliefs is the CORNERSTONE of America AND Christianity! It's truly a beautiful thing.

*high five*

Tell me where Phil said anything or did anything to deny "basic civil rights?" He didn't. Did we kick all of the congressmen out that did not vote for or support the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Don't think we did. Read Federalist 10, you Nazi.....it explains how, yeah....a principled opposition in all things is very important in America to prevent a tyranny of thought and majority, and how factions are central to society. He, and others can always say what they want. Doesn't make him a policy maker at all, and doesn't mean he must abdicate participation in society, no matter how much you wantnthat to happen.

Yay! you don't understand America!! High five!!

Last edited:

Beautiful.

LMFAO!!!

"the free market of ideas"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep the free markets will turn back time and make violating the 14th amendment for reasons that violate the 1st totally ok....

Last edited:
Tell me where Phil said anything or did anything to deny "basic civil rights?" He didn't. Did we kick all of the congressmen out that did not vote for or support the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Don't think we did. Read Federalist 10, you Nazi.....it explains how, yeah....a principled opposition in all things is very important in A,erica to prevent a tyranny of thought and majority, and how factions are central to society. He, and others can always say what they want. Doesn't make him a policy maker at all, and doesn't mean he must abdicate participation in society, no matter how much you wantnthat to happen.

Yay! you don't understand America!! High five!!

He has no actual power, because he's just a stupid rich redneck, so he didn't make policy, he only tried to influence it.. You win, homeboy! Aren't you proud? None of your gay relatives want to get married?

LOL. I'm a Nazi because I believe in equal rights, and that belief equals tyranny? Ok. That says way more about you than it does about me. And at least I know how to spell America.

That's exactly what happened. More people watch that show than any other cable show....they support advertising. A&E suspended him, and the family and viewers said they'd take the show elsewhere. A&E said, oops....we overplayed our hand, and our viewers, and even gay rights groups, don't have as much problem with what he said as we thought. They course corrected, and decisions were reversed.

For future reference, "LMFAO!!!" Is not a coherent or viable argument. But I'm sure some naive, ignorant people found it compelling....

Exactly! It's all about appealing to the lowest common denominator. That's where the money is.

He has no actual power, because he's just a stupid rich redneck, so he didn't make policy, he only tried to influence it.. You win, homeboy! Aren't you proud? None of your gay relatives want to get married?

LOL. I'm a Nazi because I believe in equal rights, and that belief equals tyranny? Ok. That says way more about you than it does about me. And at least I know how to spell America.

Really?? Lot of policy influence happening in the pages of GQ?? None of my STRAIGHT relatives want to get married....

No....you don't want equal rights.....you want what you believe is A right to be equally available to others. If you wanted equal rights, you would support anyone saying what they wanted on matters of life and politics and society without repercussion. You cannot have it both ways. Rather, you are a nazi for wanting to rid the world of all views that are not held by you.

Really?? Lot of policy influence happening in the pages of GQ?? None of my STRAIGHT relatives want to get married....

No....you don't want equal rights.....you want what you believe is A right to be equally available to others. If you wanted equal rights, you would support anyone saying what they wanted on matters of life and politics and society without repercussion. You cannot have it both ways. Rather, you are a nazi for wanting to rid the world of all views that are not held by you.

You're pretty dumb. I wish you well, though. Education to you, Mr. and/or Ms. Bigot!

:)

Off to Iggyland. I have a zero tolerance policy for your kind.

That's exactly what happened.

No it's not...you're an idiot.

More people watch that show than any other cable show....they support advertising. A&E suspended him, and the family and viewers said they'd take the show elsewhere. A&E said, oops....we overplayed our hand, and our viewers, and even gay rights groups, don't have as much problem with what he said as we thought. They course corrected, and decisions were reversed.

That's not "The free market of ideas" ....whatever the fuck that bullshit is.

That's simply A&E favoring proven cash flow over political correctness. Capitalism? Absolutely...

"The Free Market of Ideas"....BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're a fucking loon. And at the end of the day it still doesn't change the fact that you and yours wish to continue violating the 14th amendment for reasons that violate 1st, nor does it change the fact that doing so makes you

a) a religious zealot

b) un-american

&

c) a total asshole control freak who loves big government in peoples bedrooms.

For future reference, "LMFAO!!!" Is not a coherent or viable argument. But I'm sure some naive, ignorant people found it compelling....

For future reference it wasn't meant to be...Mr."Free market of ideas" LMFAO!!!

spongebobmoviehillbillylol.gif

Exactly! It's all about appealing to the lowest common denominator. That's where the money is.

So only conservatives have money?? Wrong.

And everyone in America, for the most part, buys things....often at WalMart. Point is that advertisers on Duck Dynasty were not Bentley, Maserati, and Tag Heur. I suspect DD appeals to far more normal Americans than say, The Kardashians.

Last edited:
You're pretty dumb. I wish you well, though. Education to you, Mr. and/or Ms. Bigot!

:)

Off to Iggyland. I have a zero tolerance policy for your kind.

Exactly....which shows you don't remotely understand equal rights, nor do you truly want it. I make a living defending them. You need not lecture me on my knowledge of the subject. It is merely intolerance to you because you disagree with it. The very definition of the word "tolerance" necessitates there be some level of disagreement in the thing or words being tolerated.

No it's not...you're an idiot.

That's not "The free market of ideas" ....whatever the fuck that bullshit is.

That's simply A&E favoring proven cash flow over political correctness. Capitalism? Absolutely...

"The Free Market of Ideas"....BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're a fucking loon. And at the end of the day it still doesn't change the fact that you and yours wish to continue violating the 14th amendment for reasons that violate 1st, nor does it change the fact that doing so makes you

a) a religious zealot

b) un-american

&

c) a total asshole control freak who loves big government in peoples bedrooms.

For future reference it wasn't meant to be...Mr."Free market of ideas" LMFAO!!!

spongebobmoviehillbillylol.gif

Yes....zealot, un-American, and pro big government. Because you can easily make such broad brush strokes to dismiss someone you vehemently disagree with, regardless of whether you know anything about them. Kind of like calling someone a faggot and condemning them to hell, isn't it?? I find that supremely ironic. I find it even more satisfying, since I am none of those things.

Exactly....which shows you don't remotely understand equal rights, nor do you truly want it. I make a living defending them. You need not lecture me on my knowledge of the subject. It is merely intolerance to you because you disagree with it. The very definition of the word "tolerance" necessitates there be some level of disagreement in the thing or words being tolerated.

Then you need to get a new profession because you don't understand equal rights at all and I'd hate to have you shed blood for something you cannot comprehend.

No....you don't want equal rights.....you want what you believe is A right to be equally available to others.

If it's a legal status that you pay legal tender for, it's a right and under the 14th amendment should be available for all citizens with the cash to purchase their licence.

Capitalism 101...cash is the great equalizer...a gay persons money is just as valid as a straight persons. You have NO argument against gay marriage except "The Bible!!" which isn't a valid legal argument in these United States of America.

If you wanted equal rights, you would support anyone saying what they wanted on matters of life and politics and society without repercussion. .

Equal rights has nothing to do with calling someone an asshole for being an asshole.

Nor does freedom of speech mean freedom from criticism.

Then you need to get a new profession because you don't understand equal rights at all and I'd hate to have you shed blood for something you cannot comprehend.

Proving my point. The Chode races in to tell me what I do not understand as well as he does, and that I never could.....never mind that I make 6 figures a year defending civil rights in the justice system. You don't want to play on my playground, chode. You come at the king, you best not miss....

Yes....zealot

What else do you call someone who advocates a theocracy over freedom?

Someone who want's to cram their religion down others throats under penalty of law?

un-American,

See above...yea pretty un-M'erican

and pro big government.

You want the Federal government to define peoples lifestyles for them do you not?

Sounds pretty pro big government to me.

Because you can easily make such broad brush strokes to dismiss someone you vehemently disagree with, regardless of whether you know anything about them.

I know enough from what you told me.

Kind of like calling someone a faggot and condemning them to hell, isn't it??

Nothing like name calling and threats of imaginary places.

I find that supremely ironic.

I bet you do.

I find it even more satisfying, since I am none of those things.

I proved that a pile of BUUU shit, read above.

Back