The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Sinday is here once more. Go forth and sin together... or separately, or in groups, or whatever winds your clock. I'm making coffee since I started early to avoid the rush.

Poor Chloe, stuck in a tent in the woods with no coffee. Her SO has his work cut out for him, this morning.

Hello everyone.

I must go forth and sin. It's difficult w/out that 1st sip of coffee.

Ah, I have often thought of writing a yet another version of that legend, I've read many. I wanted to combine it more fully with Ivanhoe.

They have yet another movie of Robin coming out, looks like a reboot of the Costner version.Like many things these days, looks darker, more violent.

I admit it doesn't look bad, but every time I see the trailer on youtube it makes me think of the assassins creed video game.

Sinday is here once more. Go forth and sin together... or separately, or in groups, or whatever winds your clock. I'm making coffee since I started early to avoid the rush.

Poor Chloe, stuck in a tent in the woods with no coffee. Her SO has his work cut out for him, this morning.

My wife is heading for church, I'm home writing about a witch battling an ancient Voodoo spirit that has possessed one of its followers bodies.

Typical of our relationship.

Well, there's only a couple of centuries between them . . . :)
Pish tush, what's a couple centuries in fiction? I saw a movie version of Ivanhoe once where Robin Hood showed up to help.
They have yet another movie of Robin coming out, looks like a reboot of the Costner version.Like many things these days, looks darker, more violent.

I admit it doesn't look bad, but every time I see the trailer on youtube it makes me think of the assassins creed video game.

Haven't seen it yet. I think they had a television series recently that I'd like to see but not sure if it was child friendly.

Pish tush, what's a couple centuries in fiction? I saw a movie version of Ivanhoe once where Robin Hood showed up to help.

I haven't read Ivanhoe. According to Wikipedia, Robin Hood does appear in the story. It is set after the failure of the third crusade (1192). Eleanor of Aquitaine was still Regent in the absence of her son Richard the Lionheart.

It's a bright but breezy morning. We had a cold front come through last night. I had to get up in the middle of the night to close the window by the bed.

Yard chores this morning, indoor chores this afternoon. Maybe I'll write some.

I haven't read Ivanhoe. According to Wikipedia, Robin Hood does appear in the story. It is set after the failure of the third crusade (1192). Eleanor of Aquitaine was still Regent in the absence of her son Richard the Lionheart.
Perfect, thanks. :rose: It's been a long time since I considered writing that. There are far more urgent projects at the moment. But it's still on my bucket list.

Perfect, thanks. :rose: It's been a long time since I considered writing that. There are far more urgent projects at the moment. But it's still on my bucket list.

I once wrote a novella-sized story about the previous generation. If I were to write one around that time I'd probably center it around Eleanor of Aquitaine (maybe earlier in her life, when she actually led armies to battle) and forget about the antics of the lesser men.

It's a perfect day to stay in bed and cuddle. Since that's not happening, I turned the heat on again. :rolleyes:

I once wrote a novella-sized story about the previous generation. If I were to write one around that time I'd probably center it around Eleanor of Aquitaine (maybe earlier in her life, when she actually led armies to battle) and forget about the antics of the lesser men.
I'm afraid I don't remember much about her. Sounds like she was a warrior queen.
It's a perfect day to stay in bed and cuddle. Since that's not happening, I turned the heat on again. :rolleyes:
I was going to make salads for lunch but it was so cold I made a hot lunch and warmed up the oven.

My oven vent hood has taken to flashing the lights at me the last two weeks. My husband says it only happens when I'm around. It's slightly disconcerting.

I'm afraid I don't remember much about her. Sounds like she was a warrior queen.

Well, in her youth. You should look into her. She was a woman with goals of her own.

She also bore ten children, two to Louis VII as Queen of the Franks and eight to Henry II as Queen of England. She was the mother of Richard the Lionheart and King John. She would have been Richard's regent in Robin Hood's time, but she lived mostly in Aquitaine.

Legend has it that she also presided over "The Court of Love" in Poitiers.

Well, in her youth. You should look into her. She was a woman with goals of her own.

She also bore ten children, two to Louis VII as Queen of the Franks and eight to Henry II as Queen of England. She was the mother of Richard the Lionheart and King John. She would have been Richard's regent in Robin Hood's time, but she lived mostly in Aquitaine.

Legend has it that she also presided over "The Court of Love" in Poitiers.

:eek: Ten children. Yikes. But she does sound interesting, I'll make a note to look into her. She could add a very interesting dimension to the story. Thanks.

Taking a busman's holiday today and working on some Nude Day stories.

I got no writing done today. I have three stories in progress, and I think that's part of the problem. When the story I most want to finish reaches a point of being emotionally challenging then I turn to the other stories. The roadblock doesn't get fixed.

I have to confront the story -- and the character.

I got no writing done today. I have three stories in progress, and I think that's part of the problem. When the story I most want to finish reaches a point of being emotionally challenging then I turn to the other stories. The roadblock doesn't get fixed.

I have to confront the story -- and the character.

Good luck. I think we all struggle with that.

On another note, I just got a call. A long time friend passed away around Midnight. He had been sick for a while but most of us expected a slow recovery. I'm going to miss ya, Tommy.

One of the hard things about getting old. You end up going to more funerals than birthday parties.

On another note, I just got a call. A long time friend passed away around Midnight. He had been sick for a while but most of us expected a slow recovery. I'm going to miss ya, Tommy.

One of the hard things about getting old. You end up going to more funerals than birthday parties.

:rose: I had a year like that two years ago.

Sorry to hear about Tommy. :(
I also recently had a call like that. Old friend died tragically. Just started a family. Terrible.

:rose: I had a year like that two years ago.

Sorry to hear about Tommy. :(
I also recently had a call like that. Old friend died tragically. Just started a family. Terrible.

Tommy was well past a family. Just and old fart like so many of us.

Okay, enough of this morbid crap. Fresh coffee for everyone.

I'm having one of those cardboard Poptarts. Who's with me?

I was going to make salads for lunch but it was so cold I made a hot lunch and warmed up the oven.

My oven vent hood has taken to flashing the lights at me the last two weeks. My husband says it only happens when I'm around. It's slightly disconcerting.

Eleanor of Aquitaine was a fascinating woman (see HERE). She is reputed to have done much for the Law and religious houses.

If you have not seen "The Lion in Winter" (film, 1968) I urge you to do so. It is fascinating - and almost historical.
The music is damned good, too. (John Barry).

As to the cooker hood, erm. . . have you read the Instructions ?
:rose:

Back