How do I submit notes with my story

Borntolust

Virgin
I'm almost ready to submit my first story. I have some notes I want to put at the beginning. I usually see them, in italics, at the beginning of the story.

When I posted my story to preview it the notes looked like part of the story.

Thanks

What kind of notes are we talking about?

Most people that I've seen do author's notes in two ways. One, in italics at the beginning of the story, and perhaps separated from the story text by a line of asterisks or hyphens. Two, same thing at the end of the story; a line of asterisks or hyphens, and then the note, usually in italics.

How you make the text italics depends on how you submit. If you are submitting a .doc or .rtf file, then italicize the text in the story and make a note in the "Notes" field (under the submissions box) that there is italic text in the story. If you are submitting by copying and pasting your text in to the submissions box, then place HTML tags for italics around your text so that it looks like this: <i>italics text here.</i>

It will look plain in the submissions box, but will be italicized in the story.

If you're looking for a way to make a link or something to a separate page, I don't believe you can do that.

Last edited:
If you put <I> in front of the passage and </I> at the end of the passage you want set off like the ones you say you see in other stories, the passage will be set in italics.

Back