The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could. The problem is that they are so random where and when they fire. First there would be some at the resort just down the beach. By the time I get my camera in position and my settings right, the fireworks would stop. Then the house across the canal would fire some off. Same issue; rush to get everything set up, then too late. Right now, I'm just focusing on getting a nice starry sky.

That'll do too. Nature's much more beautiful. :)

Good evening everyone. Waiting for the light to fade so I'll stop in for some coffee. It's been over a week since the Fourth of July, but everyone around the water is shooting off fireworks.

Dampy, I'm glad you're feeling better. :rose:

Hey, willie, HP; how are you two doing?

You know, the usual: writing, flirting, writing . . . the occasional near-debilitating sneezing fit. Damn, but my allergies are hitting me hard right now.

How's by you?

You know, the usual: writing, flirting, writing . . . the occasional near-debilitating sneezing fit. Damn, but my allergies are hitting me hard right now.

How's by you?

Doing well, fun and tiring day with the fam. Had salmon on the patio of the cottage while the sun was setting and the tide was coming in. Somewhere out in the darkness, I can hear the resident seal breathing right now. I think he's close by, probably not more than 10 yards off or so. Trying to get some star sky shots, but it's hard to focus on the individual stars through the viewfinder.

Sorry about the allergies, I hope you're taking something for it.

I try to be, but I run out of energy after an hour or two.
:)

PS. Is the AV a rather more human Jessica Rabbit ?

That's exactly who it is, HP, yes... :)

Morning all. Went to a fundraiser concert last night, held in the barn of a nearby farm. The band was good (fronted by a friend of mine whose birthday it was), playing an eclectic mix of punk, ska and '70s glam rock. With the exception of the toilet arrangements (basically, the men had to pee into the silage pit - at least the women got to share two cubicles between around a hundred of them), it was a good evening. And the proceeds go towards #1 son's Canada tour fund.

That's exactly who it is, HP, yes... :)

Morning all. Went to a fundraiser concert last night, held in the barn of a nearby farm. The band was good (fronted by a friend of mine whose birthday it was), playing an eclectic mix of punk, ska and '70s glam rock. With the exception of the toilet arrangements (basically, the men had to pee into the silage pit - at least the women got to share two cubicles between around a hundred of them), it was a good evening. And the proceeds go towards #1 son's Canada tour fund.

Excellent stuff!

*stretch*

*pop*

*cracks knuckles*

Rolf, I could use a stiff one.

No, a drink. Zip your pants back up.

:rolleyes:

Great photo, John! It looks like you had a really nice time.

Hello to anyone else who is around. I'm only stopping in for a quickie (drink I mean, shame on you!). I'm exhausted, I still have to watch True Blood and I'm doing research for my FAWC story.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I was at my parent's today, because one of my Uncles was in town. (I have a very large family on both sides.) He plays guitar, among other instruments, and he had brought his mandolin. I brought my guitar over and he gave me some pointers and I attempted to accompany him on some songs. It was fun and the Kidlets played with their cousins until late late late.

All in all a nice, busy weekend.

Great photo, John! It looks like you had a really nice time.

Hello to anyone else who is around. I'm only stopping in for a quickie (drink I mean, shame on you!). I'm exhausted, I still have to watch True Blood and I'm doing research for my FAWC story.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I was at my parent's today, because one of my Uncles was in town. (I have a very large family on both sides.) He plays guitar, among other instruments, and he had brought his mandolin. I brought my guitar over and he gave me some pointers and I attempted to accompany him on some songs. It was fun and the Kidlets played with their cousins until late late late.

All in all a nice, busy weekend.

Sounds like true Americana there, Shea. Glad you had a nice time. ;)

Now, get to writing! :p

Made it back home, getting more pictures uploaded for all of you. Then I really need to get some writing done. Don't let me lay down because I'll never get back up. Unless it's with a woman, then it's allowed.

Shea, glad you had a nice weekend! Good luck on your writing. Can you rub some of that motivation off on me? I could use some to get more done on this chapter.

Hey Willie, got a cold drink to suggest?

Made it back home, getting more pictures uploaded for all of you. Then I really need to get some writing done. Don't let me lay down because I'll never get back up. Unless it's with a woman, then it's allowed.

Shea, glad you had a nice weekend! Good luck on your writing. Can you rub some of that motivation off on me? I could use some to get more done on this chapter.

Hey Willie, got a cold drink to suggest?

Can't wait to see the pics, John. ;)

I'm drinking Paulaner Hefe-Weissen tonight. For these hot Texas days, it's just right.

Oh, I'm always up for a good Hefe. Rolf, I'll take one with a lemon please.

Nothing like a cold weissbier on a hot Texas night . . .

Oh, but you're in Seattle. :p You get those warm, muggy nights there.

Still, a good enough excuse.

Prosit!

Very nice. I'm envious. My wife and I are planning on finding some lake- or river-front property in the next couple of years and having a little cabin built. Maybe we'll be able to compare views at some point. ;)

Thanks! It was a nice cottage that my parents were renting for the weekend and invited the rest of us to come down and join them. Got a spot in mind for your cabin? Here's the final batch.

http://sdrv.ms/143etiX Sunset
http://sdrv.ms/18fS2pY HP would probably like this float plane
http://sdrv.ms/18iNIK8 More sunsets. You're right Dampy, nature is more beautiful.
http://sdrv.ms/18fS9Su
http://sdrv.ms/18iNQt4
http://sdrv.ms/143eQKc Starfield
http://sdrv.ms/12qXIJg Another float plane for HP
http://sdrv.ms/18fSg0j Such a clear day today.

Hi guys!

Wow, John, that's quite a view. Beautiful.

Hi, Slyc! It was very Americana. Would you believe it if I told you that when I was younger, at Christmas time, BOTH sides of my family got together for big parties, and at some point we would all gather around the piano, or in the case of my Dad's side, the piano and the guitars, and sing Christmas carols? True story.

Would you also believe it if I told you I am very closely related to a VERY famous singer/songwriter/actor(ess)? Also a true story.

And yet, I can't sing, can barely play the guitar and couldn't act my way out of a paper bag. NO FAIR!

But, it was fun trying to play with my Uncle and he gave me some songs to practice. I'm still trying to master the theme to Firefly, and maybe if I do I'll record it for you guys. ;)

Oh! And in the spirit of research, I may have gotten myself in trouble ... I know someone who is a little bit of an expert in something I want to write about in my FAWC story. So, since I can't ask any of you, I asked him for some information. He was excited at the prospect of helping me with a story. I don't really know him that well, he was actually a client of mine years ago, I did some magazine ads for his company. He hasn't hired me for years and probably won't in the future, but we keep touch on FB because we have some common interests. I wasn't thinking, though, that he is probably going to ask to read the story he helped with when it's done. :eek: It is going to get pretty graphic. :devil:

I don't think I should let him read it. So how do I put him off, if he asks? If I tell him he can't read it because it's naughty, he's just going to want to read it more.

Also, I had a few Warsetiners today. I forgot how much I like that beer.

Last edited:
Good evening, Shea. :rose: I'm glad you enjoyed the pic. :devil: I mean, of the view of course. :devil::devil: Of the mountain. :D

Ah I think that's a common issue of writers on here, how do we reveal to friends and family that we write erotica. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Some lovely pics there, john. I particularly love the way the mountains and the lake look in this one. :heart:

I don't think I should let him read it. So how do I put him off, if he asks? If I tell him he can't read it because it's naughty, he's just going to want to read it more.

That's quite a fix, shea. Just tell him it's private or for a client or something? Or tell him you ran into some snags and couldn't write it?

Hi guys!

Wow, John, that's quite a view. Beautiful.

Hi, Slyc! It was very Americana. Would you believe it if I told you that when I was younger, at Christmas time, BOTH sides of my family got together for big parties, and at some point we would all gather around the piano, or in the case of my Dad's side, the piano and the guitars, and sing Christmas carols? True story.

Would you also believe it if I told you I am very closely related to a VERY famous singer/songwriter/actor(ess)? Also a true story.

And yet, I can't sing, can barely play the guitar and couldn't act my way out of a paper bag. NO FAIR!

Sounds very It's A Wonderful Life, actually. The sides of my family were always divided. I think they only came together in one place when my parents got married. No Norman Rockwell scenes in my distant past, alas. :rolleyes:

But, it was fun trying to play with my Uncle and he gave me some songs to practice. I'm still trying to master the theme to Firefly, and maybe if I do I'll record it for you guys. ;)

I think that's at least twice you've mentioned doing so. That counts as a promise in my book. ;)

Oh! And in the spirit of research, I may have gotten myself in trouble ... I know someone who is a little bit of an expert in something I want to write about in my FAWC story. So, since I can't ask any of you, I asked him for some information. He was excited at the prospect of helping me with a story. I don't really know him that well, he was actually a client of mine years ago, I did some magazine ads for his company. He hasn't hired me for years and probably won't in the future, but we keep touch on FB because we have some common interests. I wasn't thinking, though, that he is probably going to ask to read the story he helped with when it's done. :eek: It is going to get pretty graphic. :devil:

So he reads something a bit more risque than he might have expected. What's the harm, really? If he's not going to be a future client, the only issue at stake is how you would feel about his reaction to that. Are you afraid he'd take it as some kind of clumsy flirtation? I doubt that would be the case. If anything, he would probably be a little intimidated.

Also, I had a few Warsetiners today. I forgot how much I like that beer.

Good choice. ;)

Last edited:
Some lovely pics there, john. I particularly love the way the mountains and the lake look in this one. :heart:

That's quite a fix, shea. Just tell him it's private or for a client or something? Or tell him you ran into some snags and couldn't write it?

Thank you, Dampy. I really do like how that one came out too. I made sure to get the boat in the lower right since I thought it added to the scene as well. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back