Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that movie. I think they did a fairly good job of making it clear that it's okay to be yourself. If you want to argue that they don't really do much to really explain how important her marriage was to the world she lived in that's to be expected. Jasmine got a pass too. And honestly the moment that Disney makes a movie where the moral is some prince and princess should suck it up and marry for the good of their respective kingdoms and prevent a war that could kill thousands and orphan hundreds more I'll sprout wings and flutter away.

If I had a problem with the movie it was that she poisoned her mom and the entire thing is continually played off as an innocent mistake. Like feeding people things that you get from witches is ever a good idea and even if it was once she started passing out and groaning in pain that's a good time to start apologizing.

I'd love to spend some time with Meredith though, she's probably the only Disney Princess (okay maybe Rapunzel too) that I would keep around for reasons other than the incredibly obvious. I hope we get to spend some time with Wreck it Ralph too while we're at it but thus far it seems like Pixar has remained out of bounds. We've spent more time with Winnie the Pooh (isn't his copyright coming up again soonish?) than we have with them.

Oh, new Castlevania: Lords of Shadow! I have no idea how you follow up what was a silly bullshit ending. I mean it's got like three major twists and the only thing I didn't call was that they were ALL in the game. Each one seemed likely. . .separately. Oh well that game was worth it just to get the free Symphony of the Night.

I did have high hopes for Meredith. It was a fun movie but the theme was a tad muddled, as you mentioned.

Now Pixar, as you said, those are some solid, human, unmistakable themes. Keyblade 'em boys.

Hah! Ulaven just found this on Reddit.

4J9dZs8.jpg

Speeking of sweet Skyrim statues, did you all catch this one?

Check out the price though. It costs that much because that there's real mammoth nut hair.

http://dragonborn.gamingheads.com/newsletters/07b626870cbf36f5f9559dd94f6032251f.html

Speeking of sweet Skyrim statues, did you all catch this one?

Check out the price though. It costs that much because that there's real mammoth nut hair.

http://dragonborn.gamingheads.com/newsletters/07b626870cbf36f5f9559dd94f6032251f.html

Whoah. It's like an OCD AmPics thread. That's a lot of angles.

As a girl it's kinda weird. "Hey, I'm the Dragonborn. That's my capital D. How come you have that name. You're teeny. You would have trouble with the keyboard." Why is it assumed that the universal Dragonborn is male? Sad.

It'd be worth that price if they could custom build each character (fire lighting and smoke included) according to your specs.

That's why it's easier to sell Sting as a replica. It's a sword, no gender, and can be churned out without prospective buyers thinking that Sting should be more customizable.

I've only played Skyrim as a female.

The only reason I had a male character in any game was to do the m/m romances.

I've only played Skyrim as a female.

The only reason I had a male character in any game was to do the m/m romances.

One of the main reasons I played Romance of the Three Kingdoms so often is the joy of creating an entire army of hyper-stat female officers to go on diplomatic missions to talk other people into giving me their castles.

Girls talking their way to Chinese hegemony? Yes! Yes I will.

Plus I could make up fake Chinese names like Gang Wei.

I believe I'm experiencing subtle American flavored white guilt in Civilization V.

I'm more willing to give the Shoshone everything they ask for and tell Germany to suck it.

And I'm part German, I am not part Shoshone.

Proud gamer mom.

My daughter just got recruited for a job at her graduate school...in a gaming lab...doing research and organizing content. Since it's associated with the school this will help pay for most of her tuition, her rent and probably buy her a car.

I'm so proud I encouraged her to waste all that time. :heart:

Proud gamer mom.

My daughter just got recruited for a job at her graduate school...in a gaming lab...doing research and organizing content. Since it's associated with the school this will help pay for most of her tuition, her rent and probably buy her a car.

'grats.

Thank you! She's thrilled. Headhunted and offered a job she didn't know existed.

She said she was a second generation gamer, her parents met in an early text version of gaming...

"Do you mean a MUD?"
"Yes!"
"Awesome!"

Whoah. It's like an OCD AmPics thread. That's a lot of angles.

As a girl it's kinda weird. "Hey, I'm the Dragonborn. That's my capital D. How come you have that name. You're teeny. You would have trouble with the keyboard." Why is it assumed that the universal Dragonborn is male? Sad.

It'd be worth that price if they could custom build each character (fire lighting and smoke included) according to your specs.

That's why it's easier to sell Sting as a replica. It's a sword, no gender, and can be churned out without prospective buyers thinking that Sting should be more customizable.

That's the only problem with it. I'd still love one. Aside from the dragon in the box delux version this is the only Skyrim figure you can get.

That's the only problem with it. I'd still love one. Aside from the dragon in the box delux version this is the only Skyrim figure you can get.

I could...whittle a mammoth...*sigh*

I want a briarheart. That was my favorite thing ever. I pickpocketed a briarheart's briarheart...and he fell over dead. AWESOME!

Proud gamer mom.

That's awesome. :)

This thread makes me want to buy a new game. Damn finances. Least the one I want doesn't come out till next year.

EQ2 has in a new expansion their highest level area. Which has some survival horror in it also. Normally Othmir are otter people, adorable and sweet, and they worship the sea God Prexus. You can put an Othmir Erollisi Day (Valentine's Day) plushie in your house.

https://encrypted-tbn1.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA3dqGzQDRlOwnZax32SfaUk_Omz1j-0viDjoVB2WPQPuNb9dm6w

In their new expansion they added a village of Othmir that has been overrun by black magic. So you get swarms of undead otters. I've died a lot of times to their relentless claws and teeth. It's frustrating, but it's also one of the weirdest and funniest survival horror concepts I've run into. It's a good game when you can laugh while you're dying horribly.

walking_othmir.jpg

Sims 4. =D. I really want to play the last of us. Maybe October I'll put that in the budget. :cool:

I played the hell out of the Sims! My daughter would also play and faithfully reproduce her grandparents' house...the one we live in now.

She and I both played at the same time. I think the last time I really got into it was the magic expansion, years ago.

She had fun with getting a dragon, but her first try brought fourth a pyromaniac. She named him "Burnie" and every time he lit the drapes on fire she'd say "No! Burnie! No!"

Every time there's a fire scene in a movie we're watching together...one of us is probably saying "No Burnie No!"

The magic EP was a good one. They pretty much recreate all of the EPs for the new base game. It's disappointing they never did that one. With 4 I'm just hoping the game doesn't crash. :rolleyes:

The magic EP was a good one. They pretty much recreate all of the EPs for the new base game. It's disappointing they never did that one. With 4 I'm just hoping the game doesn't crash. :rolleyes:

They had some problems with their online release, didn't they? Even though it was a single player game, you had to sign in?

I think my main issue was time. I'd get frustrated because by the time I was starting to accomplish some goal, it was time to poop, eat or sleep. Frustrating and repetitive. *sigh*

Have they changed that in later editions?

I downloaded a version of Sims 3 for my phone, I think, but I haven't really gotten into it.

Anyone playing Zombies Ate my Friends?

There's a contest going on and I need more power and green skulls.

I play it on the iPad, so I got it from the App Store.

But you can get it for the android too, it's a freaking addictive game.

I play it on the iPad, so I got it from the App Store.

But you can get it for the android too, it's a freaking addictive game.

I could play it on my Kindle then. How do you get your skulls from me in this zombie pyramid scheme? I could be a minion.

I was so bummed when I had to replace my Kindle and I lost all my achievements on Plants Vs. Zombies. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back