changing single story into a series

spinningwheels2

Experienced
Hi folks - I put a story called The Book Tour up recently in the "Mature" category:
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-book-tour

In hindsight I guess Mature wasn't the right area, but none of the areas really seemed to work.

I'm planning to write about 4 more parts / chapters to this story, and I might end up making this into a "Series" in the Romance category.

My question is.... because I don't see an easy way to do this in my story "submissions" area... how do I change The Book Tour from a one off story, into the first part of a Series?

Do I have to delete it (and I can't figure out how to do that either)... and then re-upload it into a "Series" category?

Thanks!
SpinningWheels2

All you need to do is submit "The Book Tour Ch. 02" and the website coding will automatically turn it into a series. You can cross categories if you wish. The only important part is using the same title + adding a chapter identifier.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1049328&page=submissions

If you look at my story "Jerk", you can see that I posted a follow-up more than a year after the original, and in a different category.

Last edited:
For clarity, you might want to include a note at bottom of submission indicating it is a new chapter. As I understand, there are human eyes on submissions in the review process.

No, the series coding is entirely automated. Laurel has no direct hand in creating them. A note won't help or hinder in this case.

Hi folks - I put a story called The Book Tour up recently in the "Mature" category:
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-book-tour

In hindsight I guess Mature wasn't the right area, but none of the areas really seemed to work.

I'm planning to write about 4 more parts / chapters to this story, and I might end up making this into a "Series" in the Romance category.

My question is.... because I don't see an easy way to do this in my story "submissions" area... how do I change The Book Tour from a one off story, into the first part of a Series?

Do I have to delete it (and I can't figure out how to do that either)... and then re-upload it into a "Series" category?

Thanks!
SpinningWheels2
I would advise you to hold off doing anything until your series is done, then delete the initial story and post the whole series into Romance with a note in the first chapter saying what you did. If you post Chapter 2 into a new category, my guess is that you are going to get very few readers. IMHO, most people will pass on reading a later chapter if they haven't read the first one. As no one in Romance will have read the initial story, you are going to get very few views.

I would advise you to hold off doing anything until your series is done, then delete the initial story and post the whole series into Romance with a note in the first chapter saying what you did. If you post Chapter 2 into a new category, my guess is that you are going to get very few readers. IMHO, most people will pass on reading a later chapter if they haven't read the first one. As no one in Romance will have read the initial story, you are going to get very few views.

OP, another possibility: Are you writing chapters, different segments of the same story, or episodes, standalone stories in a common universe? If the former, the Bletters' advice is good. If the latter, you could use alphanumerically differentiated titles. Huh? Like this:

* The Book Tour is the pilot episode.
* The Book Tour: Booked Up is a strandalone episode.
* The Book Tour: Fucked in Syracuse is another episode.
* The Book Tour: Seattle Sucks 01 is the first of an arc.
* The Book Tour: Seattle Sucks 02 is the next in that arc.
* The Book Tour: Totally Gone is yet another episode.

These will all be automatically grouped as The Book Tour series but the titles won't *look* quite like a series. Each unnumbered episode could be in a different category without looking like a series tag-end and being ignored by readers. I'm fairly reluctant to read a numbered series unless it's complete. The episode or miniseries / arc approach is IMHO more comfortable.

Hi Folks - well.. .thanks again for all this information.
I think what I plan to do would be considered chapters. They'll all be set within this one little 2 week tour across Canada.

How do you delete a story by the way? If I decide to go that route?
I didn't see that option in my "submissions" area.
Thanks!

Submit the story again, with just the title and - DELETE at the end. Also put DELETE in the notes field. Leave everything else blank.

Simply name the next one "The Book Tour, (chapter or book) 2" That's all i have ever done. Literotica groups them together for you.

Back