Spirit song: the elven wanderer finally has a home.

The_gladiator

For his twenty thousandth post the elf decided it was finally time for him to have a new home. It was time to abandon the old guest book and find a true refuge where he could feel at peace, could store ideas, let out his thoughts and spend time with his friends or any fellow wanderers who wanted to stop by.

Finding or setting up a home would not be easy, he knew. He had long made a home in others threads, welcomed into their space and he still felt welcome there. However presented with inward questions of did he even belong on lit anymore he set out on this journey.

Reaching such a milestone had made him think about the past and all of the lovely friends he had made here and lost here along the way. The beauty of this place was that their was always new faces to meet and spend time with, so many wonderful people. However in order to enjoy all those new friends and faces the elf needed to cleanse himself needed to love himself again, somehow he felt he had lost that along the way. He rarely even wrote anymore and it was like a piece of himself was missing.

His feet drew him to the beach first. It was long a place of refuge for him. So many times he had sat here lost in thought, hands busy idly digging in the sand, shaping castles and forts with his touch, only to watch them be washed away by the rising tide. A metaphor for life, perhaps. He would always smile and rebuild the castles only to have the cycle repeat.

As much as the beach was a refuge for him it was a place to visit, it was not home. Light footsteps carried him into the forest, following a path that his feet seemed to know even if in his mind he had no idea. Light feet carried him to a small pool with a cascading waterfall. Here, perhaps. Yes, he could see himself happy here.

He began to sing to the trees the songs of magic, of his blood his spirit's song. He closed his eyes and pictured what he wanted.

A home formed from the trees, one with a large deck overlooking the water, he could see guests coming to chat. A place where music and conversation could be shared.

There was a bar for whoever desired such a thing and so much more. He would not explore his entire new home in this one post, it was enough that he had found and sang it into existence. 7 years later than he intended to make this journey, but now he had done it. He had his home.

He sat on a chair and gazed out over the water, its rushing making a gentle backdrop to his thoughts. He could be whoever he wanted to be here. In a sense the persona of Glad was always a idealization of the man inside, a written manifestation that could be more than the mortal coil. It allowed him the space to grow and learn in ways that he never would have in the real world. Though he doubted he knew he was not ready to abandon Glad, not ready to give up on the dream.

He whispered a word in elvish and his guitar came to him. Although he could not play in the real world, that had never mattered here, somehow his fingers always knew the way. He began to strum chords and hum to himself as he wondered if others might join him, might spend a little time in character once again. Though this might be a place that he wrote ideas, journaled, and the like, he hoped that his home would be welcoming to visitors, that they would stop by and stay a while.

I come with a very large hip flask.

Tonight may I light a small camp fire.

The stars look good.

I laugh readily (but I'm not a good looking chick!)

You may, just don't burn my new house down, sir," the elf chuckles at his eccentric friend. "Welcome to my new home,"

You should've made a house rule. Like swingers clubs. No single guys. You gotta bring a girl;)

Is this one of those establishments that ladies drink free? Because, despite being all about equality - I might be all over that ;)

Gorgeous home, love what you’ve done with the place :heart:

Sorry for short but sweet visit, on the train...

You don't mind a little bit of surreal?

Is this one of those establishments that ladies drink free? Because, despite being all about equality - I might be all over that ;)

See I walk in. She arrives via train and just parks it in here! ;)

"I don't think the drinks cost anyone money, that is the power of magic and fantasy." A slight smile, "imagination can do wonders m'dear."

Looks at Ruth and chuckles, "you're just jealous she made a grander entrance, right? But seriously, who takes a train to a forest?"

"I don't think the drinks cost anyone money, that is the power of magic and fantasy." A slight smile, "imagination can do wonders m'dear."

Looks at Ruth and chuckles, "you're just jealous she made a grander entrance, right? But seriously, who takes a train to a forest?"

I can take a steam train in Sherwood Forest... And if it’s good enough for Robin Hood :)

*An odd man with a painted on smile and ink stained fingers slinks in looking awkward.

With him comes a jittery young red headed woman with her face mostly covered by a bandana and a heavy coat that hides more than it reveals.

He looks about nervously among the strangers till he spots the bar. There he sees a sparkly blue bottle with his name on it.

She appears equally as uncomfortable among these pampered dandies of the real world till she meets the eye of the tall Elfin host and smiles under her mask. He looks a little different in this strange realm but there is enough that is familiar about him. She'd recognize his 'presence' in any world, in any form. She pats her male companion reassuringly on the shoulder as he pours himself a drink with shaky hands and then fades away into the space between.

Finally drink in hand and only looking a little nervous the newcomer is ready to face the room and meet the new people here. The presence of that one very good friend, the elvin wanderer, makes it all the easier.*

"Glad, nice place you have here;), I like your bar- wood finish is nice, could make a good roof out of a bar like this:D"

*An odd man with a painted on smile and ink stained fingers slinks in looking awkward.

With him comes a jittery young red headed woman with her face mostly covered by a bandana and a heavy coat that hides more than it reveals.

He looks about nervously among the strangers till he spots the bar. There he sees a sparkly blue bottle with his name on it.

She appears equally as uncomfortable among these pampered dandies of the real world till she meets the eye of the tall Elfin host and smiles under her mask. He looks a little different in this strange realm but there is enough that is familiar about him. She'd recognize his 'presence' in any world, in any form. She pats her male companion reassuringly on the shoulder as he pours himself a drink with shaky hands and then fades away into the space between.

Finally drink in hand and only looking a little nervous the newcomer is ready to face the room and meet the new people here. The presence of that one very good friend, the elvin wanderer, makes it all the easier.*

"Glad, nice place you have here;), I like your bar- wood finish is nice, could make a good roof out of a bar like this:D"
"Hey now, don't you go diggin under my barn." A mock glare. "You can just sit at the bar like a normal person or I will go find my mallet, if the forest made me a whole house it can find me a mallet I'm sure."

The elf wanders over to the bar to get a drink for himself. Not one to drink in the real world this is the place he can let lose. Wine it is for him.

He returns to his seat and strums the guitar, " "How did that one go again..."

"Hey now, don't you go diggin under my barn." A mock glare. "You can just sit at the bar like a normal person or I will go find my mallet, if the forest made me a whole house it can find me a mallet I'm sure."

The elf wanders over to the bar to get a drink for himself. Not one to drink in the real world this is the place he can let lose. Wine it is for him.

He returns to his seat and strums the guitar, " "How did that one go again..."

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?..."

Ahhh... I love the elvin classics!;)

Smacks your butt. :cool:

Looks around her... Ack! Do I have to do role play? I hate role play. :eek:
Shivers at her swat, "You don't have to do anything you don't want to, I'm flexible as most of the lounge threads they're a strange mixture of in and out of character so do what ever feels right for you.
I made this place to escape my reality, so why would I impose lots of rules? Rules are for reality, right?

Snorts, "Don't you even make me bit you, because I will."

::Sits down in one of the chairs on the deck, pulls my lap blanket over my legs.::

My kind of place. Trees, a running stream and a deck chair. Nice.

Are you threatening to hit or bite Uggg?

Shivers at her swat, "You don't have to do anything you don't want to, I'm flexible as most of the lounge threads they're a strange mixture of in and out of character so do what ever feels right for you.
I made this place to escape my reality, so why would I impose lots of rules? Rules are for reality, right?

Swats again because she likes to see glad shiver :cool:

Cool, thanks!

::Sits down in one of the chairs on the deck, pulls my lap blanket over my legs.::

My kind of place. Trees, a running stream and a deck chair. Nice.

Are you threatening to hit or bite Uggg?
Laughs, "welcome sf. I was threatening to bite him, but on second thought he might like that way too much so should have rethought my threat.

*apparently ignored for the moment I casually wander about checkin out the joint.*

*I wander round behind the bar*

*I tap my foot on the floor a few times thoughtfully*

Thunk... Thunk... yup wood.

Hmmmm...

Much to think about....:D

Back