I'm still a little confused about "Loving Wives."

Damoiselle

Really Experienced
I think it must be because of the name. I've seen people explaining the energy of the section around the forum, the way that there are sort of camps of interest among the people who frequent it. When I try to take a measure of the section by browsing it, it seems to really lean toward female infidelity or sharing.

Is there much of a market in that section for a story about a male cheater? If so, would I be better off making sure there's some kind of retribution in store for the cheater or would that be less of an outrage for the readership there than it would be in the case of a female cheater?

Last edited:
Me Too

I am, too.

Have read the same kind of thing, and don't understand it.

I'd expect that even with a gender-reversal situation, there would be expected consequence. But since I don't follow the overall expectation, I'm not sure.

Categories are like literary genres, where readers develop expectations for certain stories.

It almost makes me wonder if it would be a lot less vitriolic in general if it were actually two different sections, one of them a "cuckold fantasy," and one of them more about extra-marital situations where everyone is on board.

I think it must be because of the name. I've seen people explaining the energy of the section around the forum, they way that there are sort of camps of interest among the people who frequent it. When I try to take a measure of the section by browsing it, seems to really lean toward female infidelity or sharing.

Is there much a market in that section for a story about a male cheater? If so, would I be better off making sure there's some kind of retribution in store for the cheater or would that be less of an outrage for the readership there than it would be in the case of a female cheater?

There are lots of cheating husband stories in LW, but most are cheating wives with or without the husband's consent. A good cheating husband story would fit right in, esp. since he's probably cheating with someone else's wife. No gay male, though. If he cheats with another man, you're fucked.

I can't give you any information on a "market" for any particular kind of story in LW. It doesn't affect my paycheck. My experience there is that a good story is highly welcomed regardless of the specifics. I've been a regular reader there for 15 years, but only written maybe half a dozen stories for LW.

I would suggest writing the story you want to tell.

rj

they should steer claer of...

The angrier ones probably wouldn't want to read my story, "Agreement." I guess.

Cool D.H. Lawrence quote

I don't think I've ever seen that D.H. Lawrence quote. I like it.

There are lots of cheating husband stories in LW, but most are cheating wives with or without the husband's consent. A good cheating husband story would fit right in, esp. since he's probably cheating with someone else's wife. No gay male, though. If he cheats with another man, you're fucked.

I can't give you any information on a "market" for any particular kind of story in LW. It doesn't affect my paycheck. My experience there is that a good story is highly welcomed regardless of the specifics. I've been a regular reader there for 15 years, but only written maybe half a dozen stories for LW.

I would suggest writing the story you want to tell.

rj

Well, I was more contemplating a story about a married man with his secretary, who wouldn't be married herself. The wife in my scenario is almost self-destructively giving and devoted, and the husband is depicted as the most in control and responsible for the situation. If the section really leans heavily towards a preference for women facing comeuppance for their misdeeds (which is the impression I've gotten), then the story I'm considering probably would be pretty poorly received.

go for it

I like what rjordan said.

You should write the story you want to tell.

I'm sure it will resonate with some.

If the section really leans heavily towards a preference for women facing comeuppance for their misdeeds (which is the impression I've gotten), then the story I'm considering probably would be pretty poorly received.

I'm not normally an LW reader, but during one of the forum discussions about LW (they're frequent) I went to sample what was there. The first story on the category hub was completely unlike anything I expected. It was a well-written romance, and it's rating was over 4.8.

It might be a mistake to assume that what the authors feed the readers in LW is all the readers want. Maybe you should write your story, write it well, and see what happens.

Thanks

Appreciate it.

Gotta wonder what DHL would make of literotica.

Which categories would he post in?

:)

Well, I was more contemplating a story about a married man with his secretary, who wouldn't be married herself. The wife in my scenario is almost self-destructively giving and devoted, and the husband is depicted as the most in control and responsible for the situation. If the section really leans heavily towards a preference for women facing comeuppance for their misdeeds (which is the impression I've gotten), then the story I'm considering probably would be pretty poorly received.

Posting in LW requires a thicker skin than most other categories. Keep in mind that many if not most of the comments will have nothing at all to do with you or your story; they're dealing with their own demons. However, if it's a well-written story that holds together logically with interesting characters, you'll usually get positive comments or at least thoughtful comments. They might still not like it, of course.

You'll get more eyeballs on LW than almost anywhere else. If you know how to use a Delete key, you can moderate the objectionable comments.

rj

question

So if LW probably has more eyeballs than most categories, if a story is both LW but also involving incest, can it be posted in LW

More likely to get flamed?

Posting in LW requires a thicker skin than most other categories. Keep in mind that many if not most of the comments will have nothing at all to do with you or your story; they're dealing with their own demons. However, if it's a well-written story that holds together logically with interesting characters, you'll usually get positive comments or at least thoughtful comments. They might still not like it, of course.

You'll get more eyeballs on LW than almost anywhere else. If you know how to use a Delete key, you can moderate the objectionable comments.

rj

But the trolls will follow you across categories, regardless. It's fun tho, as long as you're prepared..... sob

Loving Wives, a caldron of mixed emotions. Yes there are camps, one that likes the wife to cheat, one where they want the husband to share her, another that want the wife to be kicked to the curb, and another that wouldn't mind if the husband killed the wife and her lover(s).

I have written a story for each camp. Then I wrote what I liked and shut off comments and voting. The number of reads stayed the same, but I didn't have to put up with the bullshit troll comments from the other camps. Or bemoan the low vote scores.

But the trolls will follow you across categories, regardless. It's fun tho, as long as you're prepared..... sob

What, seriously? They'll just follow you around to tell you how much they hate your work because of that one story you wrote once?

That's kind of creepy.

What kind of things do they stay, mostly? I mean, do they mention the LW story you wrote in the comments for other stories or do they make it more general than that?

So if LW probably has more eyeballs than most categories, if a story is both LW but also involving incest, can it be posted in LW

More likely to get flamed?

Incest content probably trumps all other types of content--except maybe gay male--when you choose a category. If there's incest in the story it needs to go to Incest/Taboo.

What, seriously? They'll just follow you around to tell you how much they hate your work because of that one story you wrote once?

That's kind of creepy.

What kind of things do they stay, mostly? I mean, do they mention the LW story you wrote in the comments for other stories or do they make it more general than that?

Pretty much follow you round if they really dislike your story, at least in my experience and as far as I can figure out from the wording it's only one person, always as anonymous of course. Doesn't worry me, I was warned before I jumped in and put some stories there. Just don't be surprised if it happens, but it's not that bad

Appreciate it.

Gotta wonder what DHL would make of literotica.

Which categories would he post in?

:)

Since DHL is one of the founding fathers of literary erotica, "aye, Lady Chatterley, they be pretty flowers in your hair," I reckon he'd get along like the rest of us - Women in Love would have been one-bombed because of the nude wrestling scene. GM, oh the shock!

Since DHL is one of the founding fathers of literary erotica, "aye, Lady Chatterley, they be pretty flowers in your hair," I reckon he'd get along like the rest of us - Women in Love would have been one-bombed because of the nude wrestling scene. GM, oh the shock!

That makes me wonder if I missed anything in "Brideshead Revisited"

Back