Democratic Primary Fucktussle!

The 2016 election, in which the Democratic candidate was a pandering nitwit...


My god !!!

It actually IS Alfred E. Neuman:



gettyimages-846900252_wide-5bba684777141f005d953620a7c6857d938ef9d5-s600-c85.jpg




 
#New National @MorningConsult Poll (6/17-23):
Biden 38%
Sanders 19%
Warren 13%
Buttigieg 7%
Harris 6%
O'Rourke 4%
Booker 3%
Yang 2%
******
Bennet 1%
Bullock 1%
Castro 1%
de Blasio 1%
Delaney 1%
Gabbard 1%
Gillibrand 1%
Hickenlooper 1%
Inslee 1%
Klobuchar 1%
Ryan 1%

Top eight have more than 1%. Top three in double digits!
 
Surprisingly I missed the whole thing because of a Terry Pratchett novel!

However Wonkette live blogged it and it seemed weirdly Democratic when I read the transcript.;)

I watch it online if only to identify the truly banal ones, and to watch the Liz and Rachel love fest.:)
 
Last edited:
LOLOLOL

Complaining about "Trump in jail".

You racist Rethugs are STILL chanting Lock Her Up at your Nazi rallies

Everything else is equally stupid.


How about that Democratic Debate....lol. With as many rabid leftists on this board, I figured there would be a love-fest. Then I listened to some of the answers the candidates gave, and I realized even the folks that stalk this board must be embarrassed. Let's summarize.

1. Raise Taxes
2. Open Borders (sorry, remove criminality from border crossers)
3. Kill babies...at any time. No one said what the limit for abortions.
4. Trump in Jail
5. License to exercise a constitutional right (speech, privacy, guns, etc)
6. Transwomen can have abortions...new biology---awesome.
7. Free. Free. Free - Everything will be free!

It's definitely entertaining. Not sure any of this will attract voters in the general election, but they're definitely working hard for the ThinkProgress vote.

Y'all want to win...right?
 
LOLOLOL

Complaining about "Trump in jail".

You racist Rethugs are STILL chanting Lock Her Up at your Nazi rallies

That's because the FBI caught her committing crimes.

Unlike Trump. :)

But hey don't let that little fact curb your TDS.
 
That's because the FBI caught her committing crimes.

Unlike Trump. :)

But hey don't let that little fact curb your TDS.

Hillz was loose with e-mails, like Colen.

Trump is trying to start a WAR! :eek:

Not quite the same Bot.
 
i think i'd enjoy a Buttigieg/Warren or Harris combo as president and vice president

if biden gets it, he needs to pick himself a strong, younger vice president to keep his ideas up to date and to be ready to take up the reins if he should pass.
 
I totally understand people not wanting to watch a primary debate in the June prior to election year, but this was one not to miss. They're gonna talk about this night for a long, long time.
 
about to watch the breakdown of it, starting in a couple of minutes.

the parts i saw from yesterday saw beto crashing and burning (imo) and some of the others looking very weak compared to their fellow podiumeers. one thing i cannot stand, though, is all the interrupting and talking over one another. bugs my sense of politeness :rolleyes:
 
These are the 3 winners and 4 losers from the second 2020 Democratic primary debate

On the second night of the Democratic primary debates on Thursday, most of the highest-polling candidates appeared at the center of the stage. The top two at the center were Vice President Joe Biden and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, flanked by California Sen. Kamala Harris and Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Ten other candidates, including the other top tier candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren, participated in a separate debate the previous night.

While it can be hard to say how an evening really affected voters — and the most likely outcome for any individual candidate is that nothing much will change — some contenders on the stage show clear strengths and weaknesses.

Unlike yesterdays 'debate', this one was more divisive, mostly because they were not all trying to "Out Progressive" each other, in fact there were some more centrist Democrat ideas. I doubt the rankings will be much different, but the polling numbers of the bottom 10 may change a lot. :)
 
Unlike yesterdays 'debate', this one was more divisive, mostly because they were not all trying to "Out Progressive" each other, in fact there were some more centrist Democrat ideas. I doubt the rankings will be much different, but the polling numbers of the bottom 10 may change a lot. :)

The bottom 10 don't matter. The major outcome was the weakness of the top two, Biden and Sanders. At least one of them will fall away fairly quickly - not yet but fairly soon.
 
i think i'd enjoy a Buttigieg/Warren or Harris combo as president and vice president

if biden gets it, he needs to pick himself a strong, younger vice president to keep his ideas up to date and to be ready to take up the reins if he should pass.

Why don't you just move to Venezuela???:confused:
 
Please...please run Harris/Warren....I really hope the (D)'s run one of them.
 
Kamala Harris Upsets Dem Primary By Rudely Revealing She's A Black Woman

During last night's Democratic debate, Kamala Harris called out Joe Biden for statements and actions that were personally hurtful to her as a black woman. This was inspirational. When you're the sole person of color in a white-dominated space, you pick your battles. People might assume black folks throw down race cards like we're at a high-stakes Uno tournament, but in our actual reality, it's never that easy to directly "speak about race," as Harris bravely did. It's especially difficult to confront a professed ally, someone we're supposed to appreciate and respect because they deign to view us as human.

:):rolleyes:
 
Quite interested to see how the next poll numbers change.
 
These debates SUCK.

I don't care about the minutiae of universal health care or immigration policy. Why are we talking about that instead of the Orange Menace in the White House????

I blame the "moderators." They're the ones who come up with these questions--which are a combination of a reflexive attempt to corner the candidates into saying something they'll regret later or to turn on each other, and Once serious Poli Sci Majors turned media stars venting THEIR lifelong obsession about seeing THEIR "policy" objectives discussed. YAY we're boring the universe with OUR pet grievances!

Why didn't ONE person ask:

"What is the worst thing Trump has done in office, in your opinion?"

"Do you believe Donald Trump is a threat to National Security and why?"

"What is your opinion on the corruption of this Administration and what kind of Cabinet would you put together instead?"

BUT NO.

Dems are being dragged down into the grievances of the minutiae of racial issues from 50 years ago and healthcare for immigrants.

Which is not to say those aren't important, but they should not be the overarching, most important issues for Dems to talk about.

If this goes on I may have to agree with Bitter Psycho Boy that the uber-lefties are going to kill the Dem Party with their fucking obsession with identity politics.
 
I think that getting rid of Trump is a given in these debates. A show of hands on that at the beginning would be good enough and then take them into areas where they can be differentiated.
 
I'm wondering when we will get a "Law and Order" candidate who wants the law and order to be pursued from the Top down? Yep, make the President, the Congress, and the bureaucracy to obey the law and then start making the Law orderly.

Like making the gross incompetence for the Child concentration camps fall like a ton of bricks on the ones who let this happen.

Or inditing Bill Barr for obstruction of justice.

Or inditing Cheney for war crimes as there are no limits on them.

Or inditing Obama for killing Americans with out due process?
 
I think all of the Democratic Party candidates are "law and order" in that sense. Are there any Democratic Party candidates--any serious candidates--who have not come out for impeachment of Trump, something that the Democrats in Congress, as a force, haven't done?
 
Quite interested to see how the next poll numbers change.

I would like to see how individual donations develop (or don't), suspecting it to be a reasonable poll of opinion. But I'm not clear as to how reliable claimed amounts might be.
 
Back
Top