Minimum Wage: Running from the Facts

No, not arguing does not constitute not being able to argue the point. You show your wish just to argue by claiming that. Not arguing with you two is more a disgust with you two as people and not caring what you think. It's why I put Chloe in ignore and now have done the same with you two. I'm letting you do your thing--just not with me. You mean nothing to me. It says a lot that you don't want to leave it there, that you have to bully others.

You don't have me on ignore. You're just teasing me coz I got you mad. But I'll just look sad and cry until you talk to me again. šŸ˜„

Gee, Chloe, doesn't that seem awfully cowardly to you?

A real man, one with pride, spirit, confidence, and bravery would defend his position.

(Actually, I think he just realizes his ideas are indefensible, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt.)

I really cannot believe that such a coward was ever a "sr71plt"!

Gee, Chloe, doesn't that seem awfully cowardly to you?

A real man, one with pride, spirit, confidence, and bravery would defend his position.

(Actually, I think he just realizes his ideas are indefensible, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt.)

I really cannot believe that such a coward was ever a "sr71plt"!

Not just him.

dan_c00000 has not responded to my last post, either.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Actually, while Chloe makes a good point, you have also, Dan. I have offered no evidence other than a consistent story of how a retired attorney became a teacher of, and advocate for, economically disadvantaged people of color with developmental disabilities. It's true, but I have done nothing yet to actually prove it.

So tell me this, Dan: How confident are you?

Would you care "to put your money where your mouth is"?

There's a shock.

So I'll ask you again: would you care "to put your money where your mouth is"?

I propose we enter an agreement under which, if I establish the biography set forth above, then you will pay a significant amount of money to me or a charity of my choice. If I cannot establish this, then I will pay a significant amount of money to you or a charity of your choice. I will have the burden of proof.

Specifically, I will have to establish:

1. I was an attorney from 1991-2008.

2. I taught college for several years after 2008 (I'll have to look up the exact dates).

3. Since 2010, I have taught Milwaukee public high school students with various disabilities.

4. Starting the coming semester, still with MPS, I'll be running, along with colleagues and assistants, a program for adult students (18-21 years old) with developmental disabilities (e.g. cognitive disability, autism, etc.) to prepare them to live as independently as possible.​

The agreement will include a non-disclosure provision such that only the lawyer who handles the transaction, and we ourselves, know each other's true identities. We will agree to significant liquidated damages for the victim should one of us disclose the other's true identity here, or that person's Literotica identity to the outside world.

So, Dan, put up or shut up. Don't you want to know the truth?

C5OfBQTUkAIAjbo.jpg

Not in the least. I'm addressing this rationally.

You questioned the truth of something I wrote. I made a serious offer on how I could prove it true. Faced with this, you answered with a meaningless meme.

Are you afraid to accept my offer to learn the truth? Or just afraid to lose the money?

In either case, it seems you lack the courage of your convictions.

That being so, why should anyone take you seriously.

(BTW: the offer still stands, if you have any courage in you.)

Lol. Most snowflakes can't handle the truth. In actuality, they're generally delusional and actively reject the truth, often up to and including the point of death.

The murder of Kirsten Brydum in New Orleans being only one of many examples. The moral of her particular story is that ā€œLiberalism will get you killedā€ if you're stupid enough to believe in the lies.

Then of course there was the example of the late and unlamented David Ruenzel, a writer for the Southern Poverty Law Center funded ā€œTeaching Toleranceā€ project, who was murdered lwhile hiking in Oakland, California. The suspects: two Black guys who either were robbing him or maybe just killed him for fun because he was White. Probably one of the best recent real life exampleā€™s of ā€œpoetic justice.ā€

One could go on and on but why bother.

Last edited:

I quote here in its entirety a PM I sent to dan_c00000 at 18:06 CDT, 8 August 2017, under the heading of "Still Waiting":

PrincepsCyberius said:
So I'll ask you again: would you care "to put your money where your mouth is"?

I propose we enter an agreement under which, if I establish the biography set forth above, then you will pay a significant amount of money to me or a charity of my choice. If I cannot establish this, then I will pay a significant amount of money to you or a charity of your choice. I will have the burden of proof.

Specifically, I will have to establish:

1. I was an attorney from 1991-2008.

2. I taught college for several years after 2008 (I'll have to look up the exact dates).

3. Since 2010, I have taught Milwaukee public high school students with various disabilities.

4. Starting the coming semester, still with MPS, I'll be running, along with colleagues and assistants, a program for adult students (18-21 years old) with developmental disabilities (e.g. cognitive disability, autism, etc.) to prepare them to live as independently as possible.​

The agreement will include a non-disclosure provision such that only the lawyer who handles the transaction, and we ourselves, know each other's true identities. We will agree to significant liquidated damages for the victim should one of us disclose the other's true identity here, or that person's Literotica identity to the outside world.

So, Dan, put up or shut up. Don't you want to know the truth?

So, Dan, how much are you willing to lose? As it will involve you learning my real-life identity, even though the contract must include a nondisclosure clause, it has to be enough to make the risk worthwhile. $5,000? $10,000?

Are you man enough to put some money where your mouth is?

Dan has been online since I sent this, and even disputed a fact-based post I made in another thread, but he chose not to respond to this PM.

Earlier in this thread, Dan suggested that I had misrepresented my background and current profession. I have given him multiple opportunities to "put his money where his mouth is." Suddenly, he has nothing to say.

I guess we now know who has credibility here.

"had all the negative effects that opponents of the policy feared. Low-wage employees had their hours cut by 3.5 million in a single quarter, costing more than $120 million in lost wages."

There's a flip side to this. They had to work fewer hours to earn the same money. That made time available to either make money some other way or to rest/recreate from their jobs.

Gee. I thought the whole idea of the min wage hike was so these people could have a "Living" wage without having to work two jobs. Typical Liberal, stupid two faced hypocrite.

Not in the least. I'm addressing this rationally.

You questioned the truth of something I wrote. I made a serious offer on how I could prove it true. Faced with this, you answered with a meaningless meme.

Are you afraid to accept my offer to learn the truth? Or just afraid to lose the money?

In either case, it seems you lack the courage of your convictions.

That being so, why should anyone take you seriously.

(BTW: the offer still stands, if you have any courage in you.)

No one DOES take Little Danny seriously. He has proven beyond any shadow of doubt, and on NUMEROUS occasions that he has the mind of a 7 yr old and NEVER has a fucking clue what he's talking about or even what the subject actually is. So all he can do is try to discredit people he doesn't like with childish name calling and ignorant accusations that should be criminal offenses all on their own. And BTW: I find it laughably ironic that he demands proof from you but can't seem to prove a single one of the accusations he spits out on a daily basis.

I used to read his posts because the thought of someone actually BEING as stupid as he is made me laugh a little. Now it's like that screaming goat video that went viral a while back.

No one DOES take Little Danny seriously. He has proven beyond any shadow of doubt, and on NUMEROUS occasions that he has the mind of a 7 yr old and NEVER has a fucking clue what he's talking about or even what the subject actually is. So all he can do is try to discredit people he doesn't like with childish name calling and ignorant accusations that should be criminal offenses all on their own. And BTW: I find it laughably ironic that he demands proof from you but can't seem to prove a single one of the accusations he spits out on a daily basis.

I used to read his posts because the thought of someone actually BEING as stupid as he is made me laugh a little. Now it's like that screaming goat video that went viral a while back.

I've actually seen here, more than once, people suggesting that Dan is actually a Conservative pretending to be a Leftist in order to discredit Leftists. I cannot believe any Conservative would spend so much time at such an endeavor. Furthermore, the rise of AOC is proof that there really are a lot of Leftists as clueless as Dan.

An article to read:

Seattle Progressives Stick Their Heads in the Sand on Minimum Wages

Meanwhile, I looked into the UC-Berkeley "economist" they have now hired to do a new study to replace the one they didn't like. He publicly declares himself an enemy of capitalism and wants to end it in the USA. Yes, that should be an unbiased study!

The human capacity to deny the evident is truly impressive. I understand there have been companies driven to liquidation by higher minimum wage that has been imposed in recent years in certain cities (like Seattle). And, of course, we all pay for the regulatory apparatus required to oversee these minimum wage laws- amnd the lawyers and bureaucrats who do so earn far more than minimum

A $15 minimum wage may help the person making $14 an hour. It arguably hurts the person making $16 who might be in line to make $17, as it tends to impose a wage compression. It definitely hurts the person making $9 who then finds him or her self making zero.

Here is a classic article on the subject from last month (who knew Murray Rothbard was still publishing, lol). But the argument is as true as when Rothbard published it decades ago. As he makes clear, these pernicious laws mandate is compulsory unemployment for some people:

https://mises.org/library/outlawing-jobs-minimum-wage

Last edited:
Back