Welcome to civilization. (Closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
(Rare for me a comic book idea... Loosely based)
841772e3b63d6510e999e84906c1252a_zpsejemnovc.jpg

Ebenezer Westlyn's Granddaughter Catalina
Moira McTaggert could not believe what she was reading. Ebenezer Westlyn... MIA presumed dead mutant scientific mastermind has a descendant... Impossible... But she was looking at the letter bloody though it was from the body slaughtered and found adrift on a raft. The raft itself was a mysterious shock as well. Warnings carved into the strange black wood. Warnings that they have tolerated the outsiders long enough and now that they have found them they will die. Moira turned to Xavier and Fury to pass along what she had found. After all Ebenezer had worked along side SHIELD as well as Xavier.

She walled into the conference room and waiting for them to finish reading her teams findings. The anger however veiled on Fury's face was stifling the room. Xavier was a little more contained about it but sighed.

Any idea how long he had been living in these peoples lands before this happened?

Charles we do nay even know where he raft came from. This wood is stranger than anything we have ever seen but if I had to guess it requires a humid region to thrive.

He nodded.

How do we find the descendant he was speaking of in this letter or journal entry?

Moira shrugged.

I had hoped cerebro might be able to find any similar brain waves to Ebenezer?

Nodding he excused himself and made his way to cerebro.

Alright Fury spill it... Did you know where he vanished off to?

Nick shrugged.

He took off after Korea... Came back and vanished again. Let's just say the last time the old man vanished he basically gave humans and mutants a massive fuck you and that was the last we heard from him. Lab and all gone... Five storys worth of his lab gone the rest destroyed beyond even our best scientists. No offense but SHIELD will handle funeral and all that. We owe him that much.

Moira nodded and made a couple of phone calls.

That will be fine. He was adrift they think at least a couple of weeks. Seems his mutation even preserved him after death.

Nick just nodded and took the file with him said his goodbyes and left.

--------
The island was hidden it had been for centuries by the sheer will of its inhabitants all of which seemed to wield mutant like abilities from birth. They did not like outsiders and were far from pleased to find out that not only had outsiders been living on their island but that some of their own people had born children with the outsiders.

Now the original intruder was dead and the traitors who mated with him or his offspring sacrificed back to the island they were left with the grandchild and what they suspected was her island given bodyguard... A strange massive black cat wielding fangs and claws like nothing they had ever seen before.

~~~~~

With no clue what they would be headed into Fury decided that his best option was someone who could withstand more damage and hopefully see past any magic or mutant abilities... But he was not keen on sending only one person so time to run this mission by the Avengers. Calling a meeting with the ending words being ~Do NOT be late!~

~~~~~~
Catalina had watched from hiding what they had done to her family. Many of them had paid with their lives as well from her mutant ability with the elements and the massive black panther like cat that watched over her. Now it was simply survival and avoiding the random warrior who wanted to make a name for himself.
 
-Hawkeye or Clint Barton either name he went by he did the same thing. a bow and arrow was his best friend and he made it known of his skills. Hawkeye was prepping and tuning his bow as he did each day never knowing what ware was done and when it was done. He had already made his Arrows for the day being a craftsman he only trusted him self to make them.-

-Hawkeye herd the Announcement on the Helicarrier as Clint walked the halls slowly he made sure his bow was strapped and fixed his Gloves and Wrists. This would be interesting if Fury had a Mission he wanted to know why he needed the Avengers. Something big and Ugly was coming i could feel it, And it wasn't the Hulk. -

-Hawkeye approached the last hallway and made it in to the briefing room arriving second next to Black Widow.-"Natalia."-He said softly and waved a bit as he leans back waiting for the others as they show up suddenly.-
 
Once everyone had assembled the seeming annoyed as usual Fury looked around to them.

To some of you this name will not be lost... Ebenezer Westlyn.

He waited for Stark and Banner to shift around a little knowing well they knew who the late Dr was before he continued to speak.

His body has recently been found. Floating on some raft near Muir island. The wood according to M Taggerts people is tropical in nature from best guess. Even they are not sure as it is like nothing on record of existing or ever having existed. Westlyn had a paper on him that spoke of a granddaughter still on the island he had been living on after his last major fuck you to humans and mutants alike. Our job is find her... Which means we have to find wherever this island is. Xavier is doing his computer thing to locate a brainwave pattern like...

Jarvis chimed in.

-It appears that the professor has found a match however the coordinates given would place the offspring in the middle of the ocean several miles off the southwestern coast of Belize-

Fury grumbled but answered

Thank you direct the helm to head to those coordinates immediately. So now we have to find a land mass that either does not exist or is what out of phase with everything else? Suggestions... Thor... Stark... Banner?

He singled them out for scientific or "mutant" capabilities of being able to see what was not there.
 
-Hawkeye watched and smiled as he thought. Banner nods and stands .-"Well if we use the Brain wave patterns we can localize the exact location using one of the other radars to find the girl or land."

-Stark rubbed his eyes.-"We can also just ride a bit lower over the water and search using the pattern and Wave motions."

-Thor held Mjoliner as he thought.-"What about sending several Scout Drones out doing so will open up options."

-Hawkeye raised a brow.-"Why not use all three methods and increase the chances."
 
They all seemed to nscientist the plan so far. Fury nodded.

We need to be careful once we have boots on the alleged ground as it were. Pull up images of the good Dr or what's left of him in medbay mourge.

Seeing the images pop up on screen there was a general cringe at the sheer brutality however primitive looking it was.

Drop image. We are clearly going to be dealing with primatives that according to medical exam have latent mutant abilities as well so one we are on land be careful.

Fury dismissed everyone to prepare as Banner and Stark took off to get to work on drones and the systems all the while rattling off their own unique times of working with Westlyn. He seems highly regarded though he did not seem to share the regard with those around him. Not an elitist by any means he just saw what no one else did till it was too late. Way too many mutants bring used as weapons either for humans or against humans and in strand of learning humans reacting on gut and fear or greed when dealing with mutants.

Natalia stood watching the view before them as drones launched.

He really was an amazing scientist. In the end... The end of his time in civilization at least he hated mutants and humans equally. Devastated a five story lab so that neither side could use his knowledge against each other. SHIELDs best scientists... Stark's dad Jarvis... None of Xavier's people could salvage much less make heads or tails of any of it.
 
-Thor walked with Widow to not honly help with the Drones but Stark and Banner began working on there idea. Hawkeye sighed and got up Captain America stood up to.-"Hawkeye you herd Fury i think you should go."-Hawkeye blinks.-"Seriously.." Captain held his hand up.-"Your the best as being stealthy and your quick i am a bit jealous in that but you would be the best to go.. you leave in 3 Hours."-Hawkeye sighed and walked off to prep.-

-Hawkeye made sure he prepped all the arrows he would knees and made sure his costume was in tact then with a Quick nod o fthe head he stretched making sure he would be ready.-
 
Fury looked over as Hawkeye waited.

Triple radio pop in case canopy is too thick for a flare if you experience trouble then move a few feet we will piss him off and send Hulk if you end up needing help.

Banner only briefly looked up shrugged and went back to work. Stark however took humorous offense.

Why him? Its not like he has a powered suit that could fly them out of harms way?

Thor laughed.

That is all we need an island of hostile natives to give you a God complex.

Fury chuckled.

And that is why Hulk is back up.

Banner began smiling running around.

It'd impossible but its there... An island roughly the size of the British Isles.

Jarvis chimed in.

Cerebro says that she is one of at least a couple hundred minds on the island seeming divided into at least three large camps of people and a few scattered around. Her brainwave pattern is however not alone... A more animalistic brainwave is near her. To the far south of the island is the most empty location for insertion. She can be found moving in a northwestern direction.

Jarvis collect all information you can... How are they masking an island that big? What sort of tech are we looking at I am not sending anyone in blind.

Fury growled. Widow spoke up.

Sir that is exactly what we are going to have to do. Hawkeye to acquire the descendant and perhaps some of smaller drones to map the island? Or Capt and I could go recon the island?
 
-Fury Sighed and looked annoyed.-"Widow you and Cap with any other willing participants recon and scan the island and Tell Clint he better not screw this up"-Widow delivers the Message to Hawkeye as he suits up and makes sure he is as light as he can be knowing he will need to use everything he was taught for this mission.-

=Hawk eye is staring at the jungle 3 hours later after they drop him off. After sneaking in to the Forest he climbs up the trees and notices how thick it is. He begins jumping from branch to branch balancing him self to keep any tracks away.-
 
Widow recruited a couple of the super agents as they were classified. Mutants one who could mask their presence as they were doing recon and someone who could link with the computer system so they had a direct almost as it was happening recording of every inch of the island.

Catalina crouched in the brush near the waterfall as the massive dead black feline drank and caught them a fairly large fish to eat. They would camp near the waterfall as most of the natives felt it was evil and would not venture too close to it. She knew there was no evil it merely had a very strong undertow about it. Why she was unsure and felt no need to investigate it but she did know that the fish that were strong enough to swim against it and feed from the falls itself were some of the best for eating.
 
-Hawkeye smiles as he lands in the dirt of the forest a moment and looked around he spotted a set of prints faintly in the grass and dirt. Quickly he made his way through the forest not sure to what he would find but hopping it was his target.-"Fury has me on Tracker Duty i know i am good but....oi...either way where is this girl i am looking for."
 
A scent change as the massive cat lifts it head sniffing but not growling. What she had caught the scent of was not of the island. Still she placed herself between Catalina and whatever this strange new scent was. Slowly she edged forward and when the scent was strong let out a warning growl.

Kya... What is it?

Catalina was now on alert looking around in the direction as the ground seemed to slowly move the plants out of the felines line of sight.
 
-Hawkeye kept low he could hear in a small distance a few animals he jumped back in a high tree and sighed jumping from branch to branch keeping hopefully out of sight. He herd a river clgetting closer knowing and hoping thats where some one would be every one needed water.-
 
Catalina continued to scan as Kya snarled not seeing yet what she had caught scent of.
 
-Hawkeye approached from the tree's he spotted the target he also saw the cat with her. He put the bow away seeing no reason to attack. He could always whip it back out fast enough. Dropping down he held his hands up in peace.-"Hey there. Um...lets see...dang i am no good with this...I am Hawkeye part of the Avengers. I been sent here by Nick Fury to rescue you. Professor Charles Xavier wants to see you in person I was sent here to retrieve you."-He had no way of telling what would happen next but he wanted to believe he wouldn't be attacked.-
 
Kya growled but did not attack. He did not hold the same scent as the locals. Catalina tilted her head slightly.

Grandfather spoke of Fury and Xavier. How did you find the island? Are you alone? How many have you brought here? The natives will attack them if they find them?

She lowered her hand and the ground shifted the plants she had parted back where they belonged.

We should hurry and collect any others and perhaps some of my grandfather's things.
 
"There all on the Craft we came on. there are drones around for Surveillance but no others on the island. Sure lets go pick up a few things."-He said.-"What is your name."-He asked following her.- "What others are you referring to?"
 
I am Catalina and this is Kya. Any others who might have been here with you.

She made her way back to the cave and treehouse complex her family had called home. It appeared that Ebenezer had not been able to give science up as he had civilization he had several different labs scattered about intermingled with living quarters and places to hide when natives were around.

I am unsure if grandfather would approve of my taking any of his work back to the lands of humans and mutant...

Kya quickly moved behind them and growled deep and cold. A hunting party was passing a little too close to them.
 
-Hawkeye listened he could hear them to. They wouldn't come this way though. Hawkeye had been keeping a scent tangled from his bag one that gave off a musk most stray from in jungles like this hoping that is what did.it.-"I see well what ever you want to grab take your time your in good hands."
 
I know...

She smiled.

Kya has been my friend and guardian since I was an infant and she was an orphan we guess.

Kya ignored her name being called and continued to monitor the hunting party's location. Another scent caught her nose as she looked to the other side of them then to the outsider and back to the other side of the forest and growled the same growl she had given Hawkeye... More outsiders she could not see.
 
-Hawkeye pushed his comm signal.-"This is Hawkeye are any of you Avengers on the island?"-He said in his communicator saying it low enough for them hearing her growl.-"Repeat this is Hawkeye are any Avengers on the island."
 
Widow replied. Yes here to round you two or is it three up and what the hell kind of cat is that. Cap me and two super agents cloaked hunting parties are ramping up we need to go. They have taken out three drones.
 
"Then i suggest a Drop ladder over the Large Tree house Complex it be easier then out running them. It be the best way."-Hawkeye said as he kept close by her just in case.-"If you have a better idea Widow you better tell me." -Fury responds.-"If you want to do that your going to put the risk of them destroying the area your in."-he looked to Catalina and asked.-"if they come get us with the fortress we can get on safely but they may find this place and destroy it.. its either a jungle trek or..."-a Sudden arrow was launched through a window.-"Never mind Fury they found it get over here."
 
Do it... They are superstitious something taking me away might scare the hell out of them and more people can grab more of grandfathers research and journals.

Hearing her through the com Fury agreed.

On our way.

Catalina looked to Hawkeye.

Kya comes with me no discussion.
 
-Hawkeye nods.-"They won't have trouble with that."-He said as they waited patiently while she gathered up items he stroked Kya's head.-"Here kitty."-He pulls a piece of Jerky for her letting her bite on something to feed her.-"Your in good hands."-He heard a Arrow shot he jumped in front of Catalina as he used his bow to deflect it but it knicks his arm.-"that could of been worse."
 
She immediately threw what she had collected as luckily Cap caught it as the others were hurrying everything they could up the ladder when it arrived. She moved to a shelf and cracking open a crude jar she immediately dumped the contents on the would as it started bubbling.

They shoot to kill.
 
Back
Top