Ideas for 2019 Story Events

"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom - you gotta do it, Simon. You gotta!!!
.

OK. One Night in Mordor it is.

Teaser:

"Beggin' your pardon, Mr. Frodo, but look at that!"

Frodo looked up from the remnants of lembas he was munching. The stench of Mordor was all around. He looked where Sam was pointing -- to the sleeping elf maiden, who had joined them in Morder to help them to Mount Doom. The elf maiden's cloak had fallen away, revealing the glories that lay within. A downy golden patch revealed itself between her thighs.

The hobbits' jaws dropped.

Frodo knew he should cover her. Decency required it. But the power of the ring gnawed at him, stirring his lust. That, and the desire to erase from his mind the distasteful memory of the brief tryst he and Sam had had a few days earlier when neither one could stand the long months without a hobbit woman.

Frodo drew near the maiden. His hand reached out, to her cloak. Inside his breast, lust struggled with his sense of decency. Would he cover her, or . . . do something else?

To be continued . . .
 
Was “One Night in Arrakis” a joke?

If not, dibs.
 
What have I gotten myself into this time? :eek:

I think one poor plot bunny is going to get butchered all to hell and back.
 
The possibilities are endless, although it's not going to be a sunshine and flowers kind of erotic story, to be sure, to be sure.
Quick edit, but I didn't know Mordor was in Ireland, so it's a little confusing right now. And with your teaser, you'll need to think about categories... ;).
 
Shelbyville is where people go to family reunions to cruise for dates.

JB Edwards

Hey JB, you're very first post! Welcome to the AH! With any luck the trolls who raided the 750 Word Project won't catch wind of "One Night In..."

Best of luck with Shelbyville. Is that anywhere near Wolcott?
 
Alrighty! We're really rolling....

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter (I love that Zeb, if you don't do it, I'll do it for you and you gotta stick with "redacted" - that's just so mysterious / action thriller stuff)
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom - you gotta do it, Simon. You gotta!!!
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (invent the hotel, Ruben. It's fiction. Make it a bedbug flea rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night in Arrakis" by Voboy
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code (I think I can ask to have that added retrospectively, it's not like it's a competition)

Anyone else? That's 13 out the gate! I'll fire off a few emails myself and see who else I can coax in, and please, feel free to do the same. This is a "the more the merrier" event. Everyone's invited to the party.

Just post your story title on the thread and I'll keep adding to the list at least until Laurel's agreed and we have a live event announcement.

I really should be sleeping at this moment, but this story is forcing it's way into my mind.

How strict is the 'start and end in one night' rule? It might require some explanation on how two strangers end up in one bed in a flea infested hotel room, and Degosay is not exactly known for its vibrant nightlife.

And 'night'; is that defined from 0.00 to 6.00?

Play fast and loose with the rules, Ruben. I'd say use night loosely, as in it could start earlier in the day but it has to be done by the next morning. Explanation? Work it in as background.

Well, shoot. Guess I should have held mine back for a few months!

One Night In Taipei

It's not a competition. No reason why it shouldn't be included if you'd like it in. The title fits to a T.
 
Anyone who needs a really, really long night can take Murmansk. Or, for a slightly shorter night, Trondheim. Or Yellowknife?
 
Three pages in, I decide to edit a word in my Word dictionary. Word takes a crap and I've got nothing. Crap! Yeah, that was some good crap I was pounding out there. :rolleyes:

I hate losing a story, even part of one, and having to try and recreate it. It is never as good the second time.
 
Anyone who needs a really, really long night can take Murmansk. Or, for a slightly shorter night, Trondheim. Or Yellowknife?

Or a winter's night at the South Pole base. About four or five months.
 
Three pages in, I decide to edit a word in my Word dictionary. Word takes a crap and I've got nothing. Crap! Yeah, that was some good crap I was pounding out there. :rolleyes:

I hate losing a story, even part of one, and having to try and recreate it. It is never as good the second time.

Wow, you're into this one so fast :eek:
 
Wow, you're into this one so fast :eek:

A blank screen never stays blank for long around me.

Anyway, I had a couple of characters jump into my mind as I typed the title. The BJ sisters. Smoking dope on a hill overlooking Roswell. I had just brought a third character on when the shit disappeared.

Oh well, shit happens.
 
I already had a story planned that did not have a title. However it definitely could be "One Night in The Bronx."
 
Back
Top