Ferguson Neverending

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Policeman who shot him, goes free
RIP,Rumain Brisbon

Apr. 2 2015

Mr. Brisbon’s family — and much of Phoenix’s black community — saw the shooting as a horrifying overreaction to a father of four who was carrying a fast-food dinner. That he could be gunned down at the apartment where family members were waiting seemed to confirm a suspicion that white police officers confronted with black men feel so threatened that they become too quick to shoot.

“This man, no matter what he was before, at that moment he was a father carrying dinner in one hand and reaching for his keys with the other,” the Rev. Jarrett Maupin, a civil rights activist and community leader, said in a telephone interview. “He was unarmed, he did not have a weapon” when he was shot, he added.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...n_brisbon_phoenix_police_shooting_unarmed.php

The officer had lost his grip on Brisbon's hand shortly after the two literally stumbled into an apartment when an occupant opened the door. The occupant was later discovered to be Brisbon's girlfriend, who had her 2- and 9-year-old kids in a back bedroom. The object in Brisbon's pocket was a vial of pills.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2015/04/10_worst_police_brutality_videos_in_arizona.php

Oh, Lord, that's not Ferguson. He hadn't just robbed a convenience store and was strutting down the center strip of the road all hopped up. God, will you people never stop making shit up and relating events to each other that don't relate in that way?

It very well might be a case of police overreaction and should be pursued on that basis. But it's not another Ferguson. Although maybe you are enough of an outside agitator to want to see another community rioting. The violence you incite turns you on, does it? You like to see people overreacting and at each others' throats?

Oh, Lord, that's not Ferguson. He hadn't just robbed a convenience store and was strutting down the center strip of the road all hopped up. God, will you people never stop making shit up and relating events to each other that don't relate in that way?

It very well might be a case of police overreaction and should be pursued on that basis. But it's not another Ferguson. Although maybe you are enough of an outside agitator to want to see another community rioting. The violence you incite turns you on, does it? You like to see people overreacting and at each others' throats?

People wouldn't riot if the government was actually listening to them. At this point. Here's the bottom line, the cops NEVER seem to get punished, never seem to be in the wrong no matter how fucked the situation. They can literally kick down your door and shoot you and get away with it.

And most of your details about Ferguson are either irrelevant or assumptions. Him robbing a store was irrelevant. It wouldn't have mattered if he'd just killed a family of four and set their house on fire since the officer admitted that he hadn't heard the report yet. Walking down the middle of the street in most places like that barely warrant the cops doing more than honking a horn at you.

The parallels between this case and Ferguson are few other than race and how the cop reacted but that's all that's actually important and with good reason.

I worked with cops and Darkies for many years. On a few occasions I have sat between cops and Grandma Darkie, and translated what was said where each interprets the frustration of the other as hostility when it isn't.

Like...Grandma is fresh outta prison for manslaughter, and stuck with 4 teen age grandchildren after their Ma goes to jail for crack possession and prostitution. The cops are at the house because Grandma beat the 16 year old grand daughter for staying out all night with a married man. The girl wont obey Grandma, but she always pays attention to Mister Palm Frond on her back.

The cops don't hear Grandma's frustration, and Grandma doesn't hear the cop's plea to tone down the tumult at home. I hear them both, and translate. The cops leave, and the teenager stays with a cousin till the social workers assign someone to assist Grandma. I have literally stopped a riot between the cops and blacks when they speak different languages.

In Ferguson Michael Brown was poised to lose face the instant the cop stopped him. Had the cop been less sensitive to feelings he woulda told Michael Brown, over his PA speaker, GIT OUTTA THE STREET YOU DUM MUTHA FUCKA. Brown woulda flipped the cop off, cussed, and got out of the street after the cop left. And a dozen shitheads woulda jumped on the phone to report the cop for calling Brown a stupid fugging nigger.

People wouldn't riot if the government was actually listening to them. At this point. Here's the bottom line, the cops NEVER seem to get punished, never seem to be in the wrong no matter how fucked the situation. They can literally kick down your door and shoot you and get away with it.

And most of your details about Ferguson are either irrelevant or assumptions. Him robbing a store was irrelevant. It wouldn't have mattered if he'd just killed a family of four and set their house on fire since the officer admitted that he hadn't heard the report yet. Walking down the middle of the street in most places like that barely warrant the cops doing more than honking a horn at you.

The parallels between this case and Ferguson are few other than race and how the cop reacted but that's all that's actually important and with good reason.

Blacks know how cops are. As a state officer and agent I knew my work and what street cops do. Sometimes young cops don't wanna pass the baton to the next guy, and jurisdictional disputes erupt. Old cops and old state officers know what to do. And know its crazy to quarrel over territory. The day after 911 I was parked beside the road, looking for an obscure street on my map, when a young deputy arrested me for being a terrorist. He didn't give a crap I hadda state badge and a car fulla shit labeled PROPERTY STATE OF FLORIDA. I was near the port of Tampa. His sergeant cut me loose, but its futile to resist idiots.

You can even get caught on video choking someone to death and have nothing happen to you.* Nice work if you can get it! :)

And most of your details about Ferguson are either irrelevant or assumptions. Him robbing a store was irrelevant.

Not only was it irrelevant, it's alleged and assumed.

But you know, hulking demonic thug and all.

*within certain chromatic parameters

the cops NEVER seem to get punished,

That only could be because you don't bother to stay around to the end of the film. Cops are getting punished all over the place. But that's not the exciting part of the story to you, is it?

That only could be because you don't bother to stay around to the end of the film. Cops are getting punished all over the place. But that's not the exciting part of the story to you, is it?

It would be if I saw it happening. I'll admit that when these things drag on for three months without an arrest I tend to move on. Like I've said to people in real life the issue here becomes if I let myself be pissed about each and every time this kind of thing happens I'd just be pissed all day everyday and it's not worth it because it's not going to change for years and years if at all.

And it's not just about cops shooting people anyway. It's an entire justice system that checks them at disproportionate rates, locks them at higher rates, where several studies have shown that just having a black NAME makes you less likely to get a job. And if your insane enough to think that if being named Jamal is enough to lower the number of call backs you get but showing up and being black doesn't have a similar effect I don't know what to tell you. It's about places where (mostly Republicans) intentionally put up barriers to keep minorities from voting. There are a whole host of issues here.

It would be if I saw it happening. I'll admit that when these things drag on for three months without an arrest I tend to move on.

Well, there you go on why it seems to you never to happen. Impolite of them to actually investigate before crucifying. (A lesson Rolling Stone should have learned but possibly hasn't--at least it hasn't slapped any hands yet. But if we stick around we might see the lawsuits doing that.)

Well, there you go on why it seems to you never to happen. Impolite of them to actually investigate before crucifying. (A lesson Rolling Stone should have learned but possibly hasn't--at least it hasn't slapped any hands yet. But if we stick around we might see the lawsuits doing that.)

The arrest should happen immediately the same as it would for anybody else.

You can even get caught on video choking someone to death and have nothing happen to you.* Nice work if you can get it! :)

Not only was it irrelevant, it's alleged and assumed.

But you know, hulking demonic thug and all.

*within certain chromatic parameters

I think the video of him commiting the crime would make it more than alleged....albeit perhaps not at the time.

It would be if I saw it happening. I'll admit that when these things drag on for three months without an arrest I tend to move on. Like I've said to people in real life the issue here becomes if I let myself be pissed about each and every time this kind of thing happens I'd just be pissed all day everyday and it's not worth it because it's not going to change for years and years if at all.

And it's not just about cops shooting people anyway. It's an entire justice system that checks them at disproportionate rates, locks them at higher rates, where several studies have shown that just having a black NAME makes you less likely to get a job. And if your insane enough to think that if being named Jamal is enough to lower the number of call backs you get but showing up and being black doesn't have a similar effect I don't know what to tell you. It's about places where (mostly Republicans) intentionally put up barriers to keep minorities from voting. There are a whole host of issues here.

Well, here we have something: http://news.yahoo.com/white-sc-officer-charged-murder-shooting-black-man-224647112.html

The arrest should happen immediately the same as it would for anybody else.

Suspension happens immediately, regardless of the circumstances. It's hard to make an arrest immediately, on the scene, if he's the only cop on the scene. If another cop was there, I could see an arrest being made. Regardless of what you see on TV, though, most all cases get investigated to some extent before the arrest unless someone is standing there, looking wild, and arguably ready to commit another crime immediately. I think a crazed cop on the scene would immediately be arrested too once other cops showed up.

I'm not defending overacting cops here. I think there's a problem there. Many of these guys were soldiers we sent overseas to kill and to depersonalize and the job of the cop was the best they could do when they get home. I think the effect of this, when it has not been addressed up front in the transition from solider to cop, is what we're seeing and what we need is a whole bunch of retraining. But I've seen a lot of cops going down for this overreaction, and I see incitement to push reaction too far on the other side. And not be willing see a case through to the end result before inciting rioting is what I'm seeing a lot of.

And I can only go a short distance on this "disproportionate" black thing. To a large extent blacks are being arrested in greater numbers because the reality, even if it's not politically correct to acknowledge, is that blacks are being raised in the mind-set that has them committing more crime. After that, though, the wealthy do have a greater ability to keep "theirs" out of prison in the trial phase, and the wealthy are disproportionately more white than black or Hispanic. And I think the conditioning to be more prone to commit crime folds back to the incitement of disrespect--for others and for the authority we need in place to be a civilized society.

Last edited:

I hate being happy someone got killed but, cheers.

Suspension happens immediately, regardless of the circumstances. It's hard to make an arrest immediately, on the scene, if he's the only cop on the scene. If another cop was there, I could see an arrest being made. Regardless of what you see on TV, though, most all cases get investigated to some extent before the arrest unless someone is standing there, looking wild, and arguably ready to commit another crime immediately. I think a crazed cop on the scene would immediately be arrested too once other cops showed up.

I'm not defending overacting cops here. I think there's a problem there. Many of these guys were soldiers we sent overseas to kill and to depersonalize and the job of the cop was the best they could do when they get home. I think the effect of this, when it has not been addressed up front in the transition from solider to cop, is what we're seeing and what we need is a whole bunch of retraining. But I've seen a lot of cops going down for this overreaction, and I see incitement to push reaction too far on the other side. And not be willing see a case through to the end result before inciting rioting is what I'm seeing a lot of.

And I can only go a short distance on this "disproportionate" black thing. To a large extent blacks are being arrested in greater numbers because the reality, even if it's not politically correct to acknowledge, is that blacks are being raised in the mind-set that has them committing more crime. After that, though, the wealthy do have a greater ability to keep "theirs" out of prison in the trial phase, and the wealthy are disproportionately more white than black or Hispanic. And I think the conditioning to be more prone to commit crime folds back to the incitement of disrespect--for others and for the authority we need in place to be a civilized society.

I'm not going to address this entire post, mostly cus I'm tired and have a lot of things I need to write and frankly I want to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on time for a change instead of three days down the road.

By the time the news gets a hold of it someone should be arrested. If you commited murder or were a prime suspect on these levels they'd arrest you. They aren't (or shouldn't be) special.

I think we have a cultural problem with our police. Some of it is that many of them are former military (though I think you're probably vastly over estimating how many of them were really sent over seas to kill. I was a Marine and while if you want to get technical I'm sure I'm responsible second or third hand for dozens of deaths my job was to load rockets, missles and .50 calls onto helicopters. The closest I got to combat was I could hear gun fire and that inspired me to get that that fucking helicopter loaded faster so. . .you know I didn't have to get my rifle. For every soldier in the field shooting there are a bunch of behind the scenes working on Hummers and helicopters and weapons and doing security in places that strictly speaking don't need security. Yadda yadda.

Blacks get it disproportionatly no matter how you slice it. The Ferguson report, after the part where Mike Brown's death was his own fault was a laundry list of how the cops were basically shaking down the community. The New York stop and frisk program was found in several years to find more weapons on whites than blacks despite checking far more blacks. The list goes on and on. I'm not claiming the black community is flawless. Nor that socio-economic factors do have us commiting more crimes in some cases. But not to the extent that the arrests go up.

I think that leads back to soldier mentality however. It only takes once or twice for someone to learn a behavior so you especially one that's prevalent in your community.

That cop was arrested today. Just as soon as the police saw evidence of what he did.

So, it's on to the next jumping of the gun and not remembering there was an arrest, I guess.

And back on the Michael Brown case. There isn't one stream to that; there are two. The police earned a bad rep that needed/needs addressing. Michael Brown's actions weren't controlled by that, though. He was a thug who robbed a convenience store, roughed up the clerk, was hopped up and was walking down the center of the street, egging for a fight. From there, it gets pretty iffy on who did what, but Michael Brown's behavior that led up to the confrontation was not benign and it was on him.

Folks giving the Michael Browns of the world a pass are big part of the problem. He died because of what he set in motion.

Last edited:
That cop was arrested today. Just as soon as the police saw evidence of what he did.

So, it's on to the next jumping of the gun and not remembering there was an arrest, I guess.

And back on the Michael Brown case. There isn't one stream to that; there are two. The police earned a bad rep that needed/needs addressing. Michael Brown's actions weren't controlled by that, though. He was a thug who robbed a convenience store, roughed up the clerk, was hopped up and was walking down the center of the street, egging for a fight. From there, it gets pretty iffy on who did what, but Michael Brown's behavior that led up to the confrontation was not benign and it was on him.

Folks giving the Michael Browns of the world a pass are big part of the problem. He died because of what he set in motion.
No, it's iffy from the word "thug".

No, it's iffy from the word "thug".

Ah, you still haven't seen the video--or acquired any objectivity, I see. I'm not surprised. I can believe that you don't want to see the video because you don't want to risk having your dogma tarnished by reality.

Typical of a Southern system, the minorities were targeted.
Traffic stops are good for bringing in revenue.
Traffic stops are a good opportunity to exploit for invasive searches.
Traffic stops are a good opportunity to pin more charges on the driver.
Traffic stops are a good opportunity for a policeman to shove his weight around.

A young woman gets stopped for a taillight that is not functioning as it should.
She had it repaired two days before.
She cannot locate her registration papers or proof of insurance.
She gets permission to call for someone who can assist her.
Her father arrived.
The father is obedient and cooperative with the police officer.

The police officer makes it clear that he does not want the father to approach him.
The father is not permitted to assist his daughter.

The father goes to the trunk of the daughter's vehicle,
pops the trunk, and fixes the tail light problem.

The daughter does not get a warning. She gets a ticket.

The father attends court when his daughter is called to account for the ticket.

The father finds out that he has been charged with obstruction and interference, stemming from the incident.

The father disputes the charges with the police officer, and there is an argument.

The father leaves the office and returns to his car to leave.

The police officer has followed the father and attempts to pull the keys out of the father's ignition.
The father has put his foot on the brake. He is not moving.
The police officer has shot the father to death.

The police officer makes up a number of lies, that he gets caught in.

The jury cannot make up their minds. The judge declares a mistrial.

The family of the dead father are paid a small amount of money for the wrongful death of their family member.

What is the missing element, that is not spoken about ?

The daughter and the father stood up for themselves.

What did the father say to the police officer,that caused him to become so angry, that he shot the father to death ?

This police officer, was the Police Chief. Anyone would have expected more restraint in an official so highly placed.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01...k-man-tarnishing-hopes-police-accountability/

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150108/PC16/150109558

Yes, but it needs its own thread. This isn't what happened in Ferguson. You simply cannot say they are all the same case. (Well you can say it, certainly, but not without having a pointed head and a prior agenda.)

Last edited:
Ah, you still haven't seen the video--or acquired any objectivity, I see. I'm not surprised. I can believe that you don't want to see the video because you don't want to risk having your dogma tarnished by reality.
I've seen videos. I don't know if the guy walking off with unpaid merch is the same one face down in a pool of cop-tapped blood. Even if everybody is certain that they are the same man, it's up to a jury to say so, not me and not you.

I've seen videos. I don't know if the guy walking off with unpaid merch is the same one face down in a pool of cop-tapped blood. Even if everybody is certain that they are the same man, it's up to a jury to say so, not me and not you.

There you go. You saw exactly what your prejudice told you to see--and not see.

Has anyone doubted it's him?--I mean other than you?

To a question you asked me before why I went after you on these things and not busyboy (or whoever), you'll remember my answer was that I went after both extremes that were locked in a dogmatic prior agenda, but I already had busyboy on ignore. Now it's your turn, because you just are too far gone in your crazy agendas. (No, I don't expect you to care--or even to bother yourself with actually thinking.)

What was shown on the video has nothing to do with the shooting, except for being proof that Mike Brown was a thug.

Back