Smells like 2008, another fun day on Wall Street

That's just sooooo sad.....

....but thanks for trying. Here have a cookie.

giphy.gif

Are you going to explain to us how Obama is responsible for the fall in global oil prices?

He sure as hell gets credit for lower gas prices. It is a bullet point for his supporters.

I'm not sure he deserves credit for either.

How far down will the market go? Will Obama react or say/do anything, or is Obama sharpening up his pen to draw a line in the sand?

Obama has still presided over the biggest market of any sitting president since taking office.

Were you going to give him that credit?

Or are you just selective in your "outrage"?

Obama has still presided over the biggest market of any sitting president since taking office.

What did Obama do? So we should give him credit for sitting at his desk or playing golf when the pendulum swung back. Is there anything you can name that Obama did do improve the economy?

What did Obama do? So we should give him credit for sitting at his desk or playing golf when the pendulum swung back. Is there anything you can name that Obama did do improve the economy?

I named 7 or 8 things in another thread where you asked the exact same question. You focused on 1 or 2, ignored the rest, and then ran away from the argument.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Or rather...

"there's an old saying in texas, I know it's Tennessee... fool me once... shame on... fool me twice.... can't get fooled again."

As said by your hero.

I named 7 or 8 things in another thread where you asked the exact same question. You focused on 1 or 2, ignored the rest, and then ran away from the argument.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Or rather...

"there's an old saying in texas, I know it's Tennessee... fool me once... shame on... fool me twice.... can't get fooled again."

As said by your hero.

Something tells me that you watched the movie Titanic five times. Then when you went to the theater to watch the movie in 3D, you assumed the ship would make it.

This is something that irks me. I hate when people are selective about what credit is due. They'll lay blame or credit for these pieces, but not those pieces.

I may disagree with a president, but if they deserve credit for this or that, they get credit for it.

This is something that irks me. I hate when people are selective about what credit is due. They'll lay blame or credit for these pieces, but not those pieces.

I may disagree with a president, but if they deserve credit for this or that, they get credit for it.

I can have a conversation with you. You've shown that even though we disagree on opinions, we can both present factual arguments and prove up our cases. I appreciate that.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the OP.

I can have a conversation with you. You've shown that even though we disagree on opinions, we can both present factual arguments and prove up our cases. I appreciate that.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the OP.

For the most part, you lack the comprehension to under stand the truth. You eat up everything Obama and Hillary feed you.

You mock the Trump people, yet you are one of them.

It was no market it was inflation fed by cheap money to rich people.

What do you do, Jen?

My job is to get under your skin. Clearly I'm very successful. Sorry to burst your fantasy but I'm a man. Is this your way of coming out of the closet? If so, do you need a step stool to reach the door knob?

My job is to get under your skin. Clearly I'm very successful. Sorry to burst your fantasy but I'm a man. Is this your way of coming out of the closet? If so, do you need a step stool to reach the door knob?

What do you do, Jen?

are we a wee bit jealous?

That's an odd question. What exactly would I be jealous of in that post? If you think there's something to be jealous over, you've got more issues than the one that are blatantly apparent.

I'm having a blast. I have two different retirement accounts getting ready to make automated purchases and this drop is what I've been waiting for to pick up more shares at a lower price.

Not to mention the cash I'm sitting on ready to invest once things drop further.

This drop is the best thing to happen and about time, too. Prices were overvalued.

That's an odd question. What exactly would I be jealous of in that post? If you think there's something to be jealous over, you've got more issues than the one that are blatantly apparent.

Well she gets attention, fame and money. You?

I think you are a wee bit jealous.

Well she gets attention, fame and money. You?

I think you are a wee bit jealous.

Oooh. You couldn't pay me enough money to trade my life for her's thank you kindly. Feel free to keep striving to be like her yourself though sporto.

Anybody notice that the DJIA is higher now than it was when the thread was started?

Anybody notice that the DJIA is higher now than it was when the thread was started?

Of course it went up, but it could have just as easily gone down. The stock market does as it damn will pleases.

Now all the buy and sell folks are panicking and selling. Most will sell way after the bottom and buy very close to the top.

One of the best stock picker has said something like. When there is blood in the street buy. When the market is optimistic enjoy your profits.

John Maynard Keynes, who I generally disagree with said something like the market can remain irrational far longer than you can remain solvent.

As for me I am jumping up and down and yelling. "Look ma, Wall Street is having a sale." OK, I stole that from my wife.

I am looking hard at oil stocks with a high dividend yield and a large stash of cash in the bank.

Ya'll panic...I'm buying.

Back