using the ignore feature

Is it visible who has you on iggy?

I can see who I've iggied (making quite a few threads a pleasure to read), but where can I see who has me on iggy?

(In some cases, I think it would be flattering)

i'm sorry, did someone say something? :D

no, it doesn't. imagine if that was visible: it would add whole new orders of magnitude for drama.

ed

iggy: adding through subtraction for a decade!

ed

Nicely done, ed.

The General Board has very few threads for me because I basically have everyone is here for political discourse on it. Doesn't matter to me whether they're on the right or the left the ones that like to start those threads just aren't very interesting. It's much easier to find smut there now!

Now that my biggest fan has completely decompensated I finally relegated to the dustbin.

Nicely done, ed.

The General Board has very few threads for me because I basically have everyone is here for political discourse on it. Doesn't matter to me whether they're on the right or the left the ones that like to start those threads just aren't very interesting. It's much easier to find smut there now!

Now that my biggest fan has completely decompensated I finally relegated to the dustbin.

Ah... But your pathetic spamming of HT has been quite the subject over at GB.

This by the way works when you ignore banned accounts as well.

You will see that they had something to say, but not the details and you won't see threads started by the banned account at all.

Ignored and PMs

I know that some of these questions were somewhat addressed in previous posts but for the sake of clarity, please amuse me and see, and hopefully respond 😯, to my questions.

1) If someone decides to ignore me, how will/can I know?

1a) Can/do I get some type of notice if I try to send them a PM?

2) Can I even send them a PM?

3) Can I see their profile page?

4) If I can see their profile, will it indcate offline? Will it show online but not provide accurate data or when they were last logged in?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Mainly, do not want to be sending a bunch of PMs to someone I previously chatted with but has, at some point, decided to add me to their ignore group.

Of course, I am being rediculous. What is the likilihood anyone would want to ignore ME? I mean honestly..... 😬

I know that some of these questions were somewhat addressed in previous posts but for the sake of clarity, please amuse me and see, and hopefully respond 😯, to my questions.

1) If someone decides to ignore me, how will/can I know?

1a) Can/do I get some type of notice if I try to send them a PM?

2) Can I even send them a PM?

3) Can I see their profile page?

4) If I can see their profile, will it indcate offline? Will it show online but not provide accurate data or when they were last logged in?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Mainly, do not want to be sending a bunch of PMs to someone I previously chatted with but has, at some point, decided to add me to their ignore group.

Of course, I am being rediculous. What is the likilihood anyone would want to ignore ME? I mean honestly..... 😬

Ignore works exactly opposite of the way you think it does. They are ignoring you, not making you ignore them.

Once someone puts you on Ignore they won't see you, but you can see them.

You will not get notified that they have ignored you.

They will not receive a PM from you. The will not see any post you make. They will never be able see your profile page.

But you will be able to see their posts.

Clarification....

Thanks for the great and thorough response.

Just one clarification -
- I understand that when someone chooses to tag me as ignore, they do NOT receive any PMs from me even though I can select send PM, write one, and send it for that member.

--> However, I do NOT receive a notification that my messages are NOT going through and that the particular member no longer wants to communicate. Correct?

--> There is no way to know if one is spinning their wheels other than coming to the slow realization that one is never replying?

Ignore works exactly opposite of the way you think it does. They are ignoring you, not making you ignore them.

Once someone puts you on Ignore they won't see you, but you can see them.

You will not get notified that they have ignored you.

They will not receive a PM from you. The will not see any post you make. They will never be able see your profile page.

But you will be able to see their posts.

That part isn't true. You can still see someone's profile page even if you have them on ignore. It's just tougher to get there.

Thanks for the great and thorough response.

Just one clarification -
- I understand that when someone chooses to tag me as ignore, they do NOT receive any PMs from me even though I can select send PM, write one, and send it for that member.

--> However, I do NOT receive a notification that my messages are NOT going through and that the particular member no longer wants to communicate. Correct?

--> There is no way to know if one is spinning their wheels other than coming to the slow realization that one is never replying?

That's correct. It'll still show in your sent messages (and count toward your message total). It just won't make it to their inbox. You have no way of knowing if they are just ignoring you or if they've added you to their ignore list so they don't see your messages at all.

That part isn't true. You can still see someone's profile page even if you have them on ignore. It's just tougher to get there.

I was guessing at that one...if I put someone on ignore I have no need or desire to go to their profile page so I never see it or try.

Back