A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

Got anything strong enough to shut up this crazy rambling fool?
Probably not :) you could try this or have a shot of Early Times with me
but
don't shut up

silences' din has deafened me,
dim eyes abandon ship,
spring will bring list and chores,
and Harry will ramble on,
knowing,
there's a Ku at his shoulder, so,
none of that matters :cattail:

Probably not :) you could try this or have a shot of Early Times with me
but
don't shut up

silences' din has deafened me,
dim eyes abandon ship,
spring will bring list and chores,
and Harry will ramble on,
knowing,
there's a Ku at his shoulder, so,
none of that matters :cattail:

Hahahahahaha I may just have to buy one of those.....

Silence doesn't hold the answers
merely makes more questions
and without the wherewithal to speak
your mind, find that voice
you are plagued by never knowing
how small your world is
and how the truth can shatter you and build you up

so I speak and I wait
and I revel in the company
of old friends willing to criticise
because maybe then it won't be
so damn lonely

A poet walks into a bar. Barefoot.

An alligator sits in the corner minding it's own business.

The poet takes note of this, walks over to the alligator, beats it senseless, and looks at it's feet.

Then, the poet exclaims, "No shoes on this one either!"

Last edited:
Virgil walks into the bar bathroom with a Sharpie. Hours later the manager says "Next time we paint it black."

Maybe just go straight and/or turn right for a while. (No passing yet, either!) :D
We are looking for something for her to learn on; there is one of these just up the road from us for sale but it has a manual trans and butters is scared to try it. I thought it would look cool w/London Cab painted on the side. :D

We are looking for something for her to learn on; there is one of these just up the road from us for sale but it has a manual trans and butters is scared to try it. I thought it would look cool w/London Cab painted on the side. :D

You get that sweet girl an automatic transmission! Whatsamatteru? :D

Every rental I've ever driven in the UK has been a manual transmission. This sounds like a "do as I say not as we do" thingie. :rolleyes:

But that is a really sweet car. Column shift, though, I would guess.

Good luck with the driving, Ms. butters. When I'm in England, I never remember the correct way to look before crossing the street despite the warning:

700-00197190em-crosswalk-muswell-hill-london-england.jpg

i do love teh car (and it's not as prettily cleaned up as his pic but that only adds to its appeal), but i'm gonna have enough on my plate learning to drive without having to think about clutches and gears :eek:

London Cab painted on the side is adorable but automatic transmission is also very smart.
i think he has plans on pimping me out as a taxi-driver! auto transmission is pretty much a must, i'm thinking.

Every rental I've ever driven in the UK has been a manual transmission. This sounds like a "do as I say not as we do" thingie. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the driving, Ms. butters. When I'm in England, I never remember the correct way to look before crossing the street despite the warning:

the majority of cars in the UK are automatic or semi-automatics now; the whole clutch/gear shift thing is reserved for mostly beefy, sportier cars, for the manly men who want to be seen as all alpha and shit. :p

That car is too adorable for words, it's just not what I need. I need cheaper than that, reliable as hell, cheap to run, not the sort of car that will up any insurance for me to drive it, and one we can get parts easy peasy for should it need them. The plymouth simply doesn't fit the practicality list :(

don't get run over!

Yes Ma'm. I suppose the best thing to do is get my old 240 Z behind the shop fixed up. Its been sitting for years, but it is an automatic. sweet ride, very fast n sexy as hell.
London Cab painted on the side is adorable but automatic transmission is also very smart.
I know! I know :eek:

yes three on the column. flat head six

The only sign I worry about in the U.K.
i do love teh car (and it's not as prettily cleaned up as his pic but that only adds to its appeal), but i'm gonna have enough on my plate learning to drive without having to think about clutches and gears :eek:

i think he has plans on pimping me out as a taxi-driver! auto transmission is pretty much a must, i'm thinking.

the majority of cars in the UK are automatic or semi-automatics now; the whole clutch/gear shift thing is reserved for mostly beefy, sportier cars, for the manly men who want to be seen as all alpha and shit. :p

That car is too adorable for words, it's just not what I need. I need cheaper than that, reliable as hell, cheap to run, not the sort of car that will up any insurance for me to drive it, and one we can get parts easy peasy for should it need them. The plymouth simply doesn't fit the practicality list :(

don't get run over!
:kiss:

Dusting the shelves, I replay last night's conversations at half speed. Next, polishing glasses to prepare anniversary toasts.

Back