X-Men: Crossroads OOC

Both are open, although currently I don't have any plans for mystique or any of the Brotherhood right now.
 
Name: Katherine Anne "Shadowcat" Pryde

Nicknames: Kitty

Place of Residence: Westchester, New York

Family: Carmen Pryde (father), Terri Pryde (mother), Samuel Prideman (grandfather, deceased).

Marital Status: Single

Age: 18

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Weight: 110 lbs.

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features:

Physical Description:

Psychological Background:

Phobias:

Hobbies:

Personality Quirks:

Education: High School.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Kitty can generate magnetic repulsion within her body to become intangible (Phasing).

Extent (ability): Kitty's mutant ability allows her to pass through solid objects, walk on thin air, utilize her magnetic distortion to scramble electronic systems, and extend her intangibility to anything she touches.

History: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde was born in Deerfield, Illinois, United States to Carmen and Theresa Pryde. Her paternal grandfather Samuel Prydeman was a European Jew, known to have been held in a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. His sister-in-law Chava Rosanoff is reported to have died during the Holocaust. Samuel was rescued by the United States Army at the end of World War II in Europe in 1945. He soon immigrated to the United States
 
Name: Marie D'Ancanto

Nicknames: Rogue

Place of Residence: Westchester, New York

Family: Mother & Father (Unknown)

Marital Status:

Age: 18

Height:

Weight:

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features: White Streaks in her hair.

Physical Description:

Psychological Background:

Phobias:

Hobbies:

Personality Quirks:

Education: High School.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Rogue possesses the ability to absorb psyches and abilities of individuals or several beings at once, though the experience can be confusing and disorienting for her. Rogue can absorb the memories, knowledge, talents, personality, and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of another human being (or members of some sentient alien races) through physical contact of her skin with the skin of that person (sometimes she also duplicates in herself physical characteristics of her victim). The victim's abilities and memories are absorbed for a one second to 60 second ratio of contact. The victim loses those abilities and memories for exactly the amount of time that Rogue possesses them. In the case of superpowered individuals, she also absorbs any extra abilities they might possess. This absorption usually leaves its victim weakened, and sometimes unconscious. Their powers may also be temporarily weakened or removed. Rogue cannot touch another human being without absorbing their memories, abilities, and superhuman powers (if any) and rendering them unconscious.

This transfer is usually temporary, lasting for a period of time relative to how long contact is maintained, but if Rogue holds on to her victim for too long, the transfer may become permanent, leaving the victim nearly dead. Most often this process happens instantly when Rogue touches someone, but certain extraordinarily powerful beings have proven resistant to Rogue's power, and she may only share part of their memories and power.

As Rogue is absorbing the total psyche of a person, there is a risk of a personality overwhelming her and taking control of her body. It has also been shown that even though Rogue forgets the memories she has absorbed when a psyche returns to its body, remnants, or 'echoes', of the personalities of victims whose memories she has absorbed remain buried in her subconscious indefinitely, and while there is little to no risk of those personalities overwhelming her they can occasionally make their presences known.


Extent (ability):

History: Marie D'Ancanto a girl from Meridian, Mississippi. She ran away from home after her power manifested- sending the boy with whom she shared her first kiss into a coma.

Marie, now calling herself Rogue, attempted to hitch a ride with Wolverine after discovering that he too is a mutant. When he discovered Logan eventually agrees to drive her. They bonded during their short trip until the Brotherhood attacked and which point they are rescued by Storm and Cyclops of the X-Men.

Magneto needed her absorption to power the device that he believed would mutate the leaders of the world. Thankfully the X-Men, along with Wolverine, foil the evil plan. However, even after Logan's dramatic rescue Rogue is left with two white streaks in her hair.
 
Since we're waiting to start are there any questions that anyone might have?
 
Remy "Gambit" LeBeau

Name: Remy Etienne LeBeau (Gambit)

Place of Residence: Currently Westchester, NY

Family: None

Marital Status: Single

Age: 32

Height: 6’ 1”

Weight: 180lbs.

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Red

Nationality: Louisiana, United States

Psychological Background: Abandoned at birth and raised by the thieves that roamed New Orleans, Gambit shows little trust or regard for others. Many wonder whether he truly cares for anyone but himself or if it is just an elaborate façade he puts on to avoid the internal pain if anyone should leave or betray him as his parents did.

Phobias: None

Hobbies: Card tricks, thievery, smoking

Personality Quirks: Speaks with heavy Creole accent

Education: No official schooling

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects.

Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by all but the most powerful telepaths. Gambit customarily wears a suit of highly articulated light body armor and his weapon of choice is a telescopic metal staff. He is extensively trained in martial arts, particularly French kick-boxing or savate, which coupled with his Thieves Guild training and natural mutant abilities, makes him a formidable combatant. He is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, utilizing street-fighting techniques and acrobatics. Gambit is bilingual in English and French, and also possesses the ability to throw small objects - including knives, throwing spikes, and playing cards - with extraordinary accuracy. He is also a skilled duelist and fencer. He carries a telescoping metal staff, several decks of cards, and cigarettes with him at all times.

Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over those around him. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.

History: Remy LeBeau was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was kidnapped from the hospital’s nursery ward after his parents abandoned him due to his red eyes. He was raised by the LeBeau Clan Thieves' Guild and given to the Antiquary as a tribute. They referred to the child as "Le Diable Blanc" ("the white devil") and believed he was prophesied to unite the warring Thieves and Assassins Guilds. He was placed in the care of Fagan's Mob, a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery. After living as an orphan on the streets, a 10 year-old Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then patriarch of the Thieves Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy off the streets and adopted him into his own family. Remy's bio-kinetic charging abilities manifested early in his teens, although he kept his powers secret from his family and friends, practicing his powers away from prying eyes.

As he grew older, he struck out on his own and plied his skills as a thief and mercenary on the free market, never settling down as he roamed the countryside. Life seemed good for him until the fateful day when he was nearly killed by the paralyzing power of the secondary Cerebro built at Alkali Lake. He came to the Xavier School to seek a haven where he would be able to recover and perhaps find a family who could understand and accept him.

Gambit_by_Summerset.jpg
 
Last edited:
Still formulating it. But Thinking that the basic premise they had for X3, with the development of the cure is something I'm going to tackle, of course with some changes.
 
so it could be about where a cure is made and the mutants are being kidnapped to test it out
 
Wow...Deadpool gets experimented on all the time...

On that note.

deadpool.jpg


Name: Wade Winston "Deadpool" Wilson

Nicknames: Merc with a Mouth, Wade T. Wilson; formerly Chiyonosake ("the Wolf of the Rice Wine"), Rhodes, Corpus, Lopez, Hobgoblin, Thom Cruz, Peter Parker, many others.

Place of Residence: Mobile
Family: Unidentified parents, Gretchen (ex-wife)
Marital Status: Divorced
Age: Unknown
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Brown
Nationality: Canadian
Distinguishing Features: Cancer scars all over his body

Physical Description: Because he is covered by scars from his cancer, which has been put into remission thanks to the healing factor that he was given through the Weapon X Program, he wears a red and black costume most of the time. Similar to Wolverine he is in great shape, his body a wall of muscle.

Hobbies: Mercenary work, explosives, fighting, watching television, knock knock jokes.

Personality Quirks: Incredibly quirky personality.

Education: Unknown

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s):
Regenerative Healing Factor: Deadpool possesses a superhuman healing factor derived from that of the mutant Wolverine that allows him to regenerate damaged or destroyed bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. Deadpool is able to heal injuries such as slashes, puncture wounds, bullet wounds, and severe burns within moments. His healing factor is developed to the point that he can regrow missing limbs and organs. As Deadpool had cancer at the time of the gene therapy which endowed him with these abilities, it bound to the "healing factor" so that in a sense the cancer is his healing factor, which is why his skin is still horribly scarred. Unlike Wolverine’s natural healing factor, Deadpool’s is mentally driven to a partial extent.

Foreign Chemical Resistance: Deadpool's body is highly resistant to most drugs and toxins. For example, it is extremely difficult, though not impossible, for him to become intoxicated. He can, however, be affected by certain drugs, such as tranquilizers, if he is exposed to a massive enough dosage.

Disease Immunity: The unique regenerative qualities of Deadpool's healing factor also extends to his Immune System, rendering him immune to the effects of all known diseases and infections.

Extended Longevity: Deadpool's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process to an unknown degree. His life span is extended to such a degree, that he is even alive and still in business as Deadpool even 800 years from the present as shown when the new X-Force encountered him in the future recently.

Enhanced Strength: Because of his healing factor, Deadpool can push his muscles to levels beyond the natural limits of an ordinary human being without sustaining injury, giving him superhuman strength. He is capable of lifting in more than 800 lbs and is shown to lift up to 2 tons. The exact limit of his strength is unknown.

Enhanced Stamina: Deadpool's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for at least 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair him.

Enhanced Agility: Deadpool's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

Enhanced Reflexes: His reflexes are similarly enhanced, superior to those of even the finest human athlete.

Equipment:
Deadpool utilizes a teleportation device located in his belt to whisk him out of (and occasionally into) danger, as well as a holographic image inducer that he can use to disguise his true appearance as necessary.
Deadpool employs any number of weapons depending on his current assignment. Most often, Deadpool uses guns, grenades, sais, knives, and katanas.

History:
After his mother died from cancer, his father was killed by a drunken friend, and he was kicked out of the Army Special Forces, Wade joined Project X.
Little is known of Wilson’s subsequent mercenary activities. At one point he was active in Tangier, Morocco, where he romanced a woman named Francie. When this relationship soured, he traveled throughout Asia, and was hired in Japan by a crimelord, the Boss, to infiltrate a sumo-wrestling ring owned by a rival criminal, the Oyakata. Wilson spent three years as a wrestler under the Oyakata’s tutelage and became romantically involved with his mentor’s daughter, Sazae. When the Boss finally ordered the Oyakata’s murder, Wilson refused to complete his assignment, allegedly the first time he had ever done so, and relocated to the United States.

Deadpool_9.jpg
 
Last edited:
As I said at the bottom of the Cyclops post all X-men can be in the danger room. Well those who have been approved so far :) More to come shortly.
 
I will likely post at some point over the next day or two, I just want to make sure that I have the appropriate time to dedicate to my opening post, so that my acting like Wolverine doesn't seem forced.
 
Sebastian "The Black King" Shaw

Place of Residence: Manhatten, New York

Family: Jacob Shaw (father, deceased); Lourdes Chantel (wife, deceased); Shinobi Shaw (son); Isabella Shaw (daughter)

Marital Status: Single

Age:40

Height: 6 ft. 3 inches

Weight: 185 lbs.

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown.

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features:

Physical Description: Physically well built without being overally muscular.

Phobias: Unrevealed

Hobbies: Politics, World Domination


Education: Advanced degree in Engineering.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Metabolizes kinetic energy into greater physical strength, endurance and agility.

Extent (ability): Sebastian is able to channel the potential damage from any physical attack in greater strangth, endurance and agility. What his maximum limit is, is currently unknown. However he has been able to increase his strength enough to be able to press over 100 tons.

History: Sebastian Shaw was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His power first manifested shortly after he was accepted to engineering school (Speculated to be Carnegie Mellon University) and his father, Jacob Shaw, died, after he contracted an incurable disease. He devoted himself to his studies and created Shaw Industries, becoming a billionaire. Shaw became engaged to a woman named Lourdes Chantel, also a mutant, and was soon initiated into the Hellfire Club thanks to his vast fortune along with Warren Worthington II), Howard Stark, and Sir James Braddock, having caught the attention of then White King of Hellfire Club's New York Branch, Ned Buckman. Shaw became part of the Council of the Chosen earning the rank of Black Bishop. Lourdes did not trust Buckman and feared Shaw's ambition and the nature of Hellfire Club would corrupt him.

Lourdes was soon killed. Upon discovering that Ned Buckman, the White King of the Council, had ordered the death of his wife, he executed a coup, using Emma Frost's telepathy to make Buckman kill all the Council of the Chosen, including his own White Queen, Paris Seville, and then himself. Shaw proclaimed himself Black King, remade the Council of the Chosen into his Inner Circle and gathered Emma Frost (White Queen) and some others as the Lords Cardinal of Hellfire Club.

As the leader of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club, Shaw started plans to dominate the world through force, money and power. His connections to top officials of corporations and government, acquired via the Club and through his position as CEO of Shaw Industries, make him a powerful enemy.

shaw005.jpg


shaw004.jpg
 
for my character i'll post him where he arrives first at the intrance waiting to be let in,
 
EmmaFrost.jpg


Name: Emma Frost
Alias: White Queen

Place of Residence: Manhattan, New York

Family: Winston Frost (father); Hazel Frost (mother); Christen Frost (brother); Adrienne Frost (sister, deceased), Cordelia Frost (sister)

Marital Status: Single

Age: 30

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 144 lbs. (436 transformed)

Hair: Blonde (Originally brown)

Eyes: Blue.

Nationality: American

Physical Description: Physically well built without being overally muscular, very femine.

Hobbies: Politics, World Domination

Education: Degrees in Business and Education

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Emma Frost is a mutant telepath.

Frost has displayed the telepathic standards of broadcasting and receiving thoughts, mind-control, altering perceptions and memories, projection of offensive blasts of psionic energy causing mental pain or unconsciousness, astral projection, mind switching, brain engram modification, mental sedation of unconscious victims, induction of mental pain by touch, and limited pychometry. Emma is also very adept at performing 'psychic surgery': the utilization of pin-pointed psionic energy to exert absolute control over individual brain functions such that the physical form can be manipulated (i.e., injuries healed, disabilities repaired, the nervous system, etc), a sub-skill of telepathy unusual for even the most powerful of telepaths, but one that Emma is keen to utilize whenever the occasion benefits her. Frost has been cited as a "World-class telepath" and a "Psi of the Highest Order" capable of extraordinary telepathic feats.

Frost also possesses the ability to transform her body into a flexible organic diamond form. In many ways, this is similar to Colossus' organic steel form. She must transform all parts of her body, rather than selectively transforming certain areas and can remain in this form for an indetermined amount of time. If she is rendered unconscious, Frost's body will automatically transform into its normal state. This transformation also alters Frost's personality, causing her to become rather cold hearted and to lose her empathy for others. Emma cannot access her telepathic skills while in her diamond form.

* Superhuman Strength: In her diamond form, Frost's physical strength is increased to superhuman levels. At her peak, she is able to lift approximately 2 tons.

* Superhuman Stamina: While transformed, Frost's muscle tissue becomes infinitely more efficient than the organic musculature of normal humans, or most other organic beings for that matter. Her muscles produce almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity, granting her almost limitless superhuman stamina, or at least until or unless she is forced to resume her normal state.

* Superhuman Durability: Frost's diamond form renders her highly resistant to most forms of physical injury. She is able to resist great impact forces, such as being repeatedly struck with superhuman force, without being injured. Her body is also resistant to temperature extremes, able to withstand temperatures as cold as -320 degrees Farenheit or as hot as approximately 7,362 degrees Farenheit before her form begins to melt. Frost is also self contained while transformed, requiring no food, water or oxygen.​

Extent (ability): Emma's maximum range is 12,000 miles. She taught herself to use her telepathic powers in a number of ways, one is to create an astrally project herself. She can alter the memories of others within a 8 mile radius. She can mental probe people or objects at a distance of 8 miles and learn a great deal about it. She can render her mind invisible to equipment or other telepaths. She can project a blast of mental energy that can render a person unconscious or brain dead with a range of 8 miles. She can also detect mutants anywhere within a 75 mile radius.

History: Born into a rich family, Emma Frost is the second of three daughters. She also has an older brother, Christian. The dynamics of Emma’s family life played a profound role in shaping her future goals and personality. Her father, Winston, was a domineering figure who had impossibly high standards for his children. He was cold, ruthless and unflinchingly demanding of his family. He offered little support, encouragement or love to his children. Emma’s mother was a fragile woman who numbed herself to the tensions in her marriage and household by abusing prescription drugs. The beautiful and vain Adrienne was the ambitious one, always scheming to win her father’s favor… and his fortune. Cordelia was the rebellious one, willing to do whatever it took to win a little of her father’s attention, no matter who might get hurt as a result. Christian was carefree and playful once he stopped caring what his father thought of him. He was Emma’s sole friend and ally in the dysfunctional Frost household, which was filled with power games, manipulation and secrets.

As a teenager, Emma tried to reason with her father. She did the things he asked of as best she could, not out of a desire for personal gain so much as from a need for a normal teenage existence. The emergence of her telepathic powers only added to the mounting tensions that Emma already faced on a daily basis. She subconsciously used her powers to excel at school, picking up ideas and thoughts from her classmates. Emma achieved academic success and received validation from her teacher, Ian Kendall, on whom she had an immense crush. Emma announced to her father that she wanted to pursue a career in teaching. Naturally, her father was infuriated by this idea. Thinking that Emma was being influenced by Mr. Kendall, Winston Frost had him fired.

Emma began to see the deceit and manipulations of her father and sisters when she herself became a target of their malicious power plays. Angered by the hurt and pain they had caused her and those she cared for, Emma fought back. She discovered her father’s affairs and blackmailed him, exposed Adrienne’s secret modeling career and more. In retaliation, Adrienne revealed to their father that Christian was gay, a secret Emma herself had only recently learned. When Winston Frost learned this, he arranged for Christian’s lover to be framed for dealing drugs and deported. In utter despair, Christian attempted suicide. Emma found Christian and called for help. He survived but fell into a deep depression and drug addiction. Desperate to save the only person in her life she truly loved, Emma went to her father in the hopes he might help Christian.

Winston confessed to Emma that he was surprised and impressed by her guile and attempts at deceitfulness. He agreed to get Christian the help that he needed. This same night, he decided that the time had come to name his heir. Emma’s father considered which of the girls to choose – with Christian obviously being a non-acceptable option. Finally, much to the surprise of the others, he settled on “rebellious, little Emma.” His announcement was interrupted by a doctor from a mental institution, who had come to collect Christian. Emma was enraged and, to the surprise of all present, refused the family fortune. She decided to make her own way instead, with her entire fortune consisting of 400 Dollars.

Determined to make it on her own, Emma left the family home and moved to Boston, taking odd jobs as a sales girl and dishwasher to try and survive. The pampered Emma was not cut out for such work and fell on hard times until she met a young man named Troy Killkelly. Troy took Emma in and the two became romantically involved. However, Troy owed money to a local gangster named Lucien and Emma’s happiness was to be short-lived. Various other schemes to make money having failed, Troy came up with the idea to have Lucien’s gang pretend to kidnap Emma and extort ransom money from her father. Lucien tried to blackmail Winston Frost into paying for Emma’s safe release but Winston refused to pay, claiming that his daughter was worth nothing to him. Enraged, Lucien decided to hold Emma hostage for real. When Troy tried to stop him, he was shot and killed.

Seeing an opportunity to burn her father, Adrienne released the ransom video to the media. Winston was left with no choice but to pay in order to avoid a public disgrace. Realizing that the gang planned to kill her once they received the ransom, Emma used her mental powers to subtly turn them against each other. Their greed, mistrust and anxiety amplified by Emma’s powers, the gang members killed each other off one by one. Emma escaped and used knowledge gleaned from her captors to claim the ransom money herself. With 160,000 dollars, she embarked on a new life as a student at Empire State University in New York City.

Along with her new life, Emma also adopted a new look - she bleached her hair blond. At university, Emma quickly befriended her roommate, Christie McDermott, but it was two other people who would shape her life for years to come. One was a telepath by the name of Astrid Bloom. Though around Emma’s age, she was much more skilled in the use of her powers, and she taught Emma new tricks, such as reading people’s past memories instead of just their present thoughts, and how to speed-learn by piggybacking on other student’s focused and organized thoughts when they were learning in the library. The other important person was Ian Kendall, Emma‘s old high school teacher, who was now working as a university mentor, and briefly in a relationship with Christie before Emma seduced him back. When Christie threatened to report their relationship, Ian suddenly went mad and almost strangled her. However, Emma discovered that all of this was Astrid’s doing – afraid of losing Emma’s companionship, Astrid had manipulated the people around her for weeks, determined to show her that mutants were superior and had to stick together. In a direct conflict, though, Emma turned out to be the more powerful telepath, leaving Astrid in a catatonic state. Afterwards, Emma confided in Ian about her being a mutant and what all went on. She was looking for love and comfort, but the man had only hatred and disgust for her. The only person that meant something to her having ditched her, Emma grew cold and bitter, and she began to share the idea of mutant superiority. It didn’t help either that, around the same time, the general public had learned of the existence of mutants, leading to some massive anti-mutant hysteria.

In the times that followed, Emma had no more scruples to use her mental powers for her own advantage and to take whatever she wanted. Parallel to earning her degrees in business and education, she attended the parties of Manhattan’s high society with faked invitations. Standing next to the Wall Street elite, Emma mentally gained enough inside knowledge to make a fortune. During one of these parties, she got to know Harry Leland and immediately realized that, although he was a dangerous man, he would become very useful to her.

Having overtaxed her telepathy, Emma left the party, only to run into some bullies who wanted to have some fun with the beautiful teenager. Before anything serious happened, Emma was saved by a dark figure. He and Emma decided to help each other; she telepathically helped restore his mind and, with her growing fortune, set him up a new lab. It is not fully known how long their partnership lasted and what exactly Emma did get in return, though possibly he helped her further hone her mental powers and also might have provided her with some special equipment.

When the Hellfire Club was hiring dancers, Emma auditioned (possibly thanks to her connections with Leland), dressed in what would later become her White Queen outfit. With her telepathy, she could make the audition believe she was a brilliant dancer. Meeting Sebastian Shaw, who became her mentor, Emma rose in the ranks of the Hellfire Club, also undergoing cosmetic surgery to become the perfect “Ice Queen. The dominatrix from hell.” Unlike most other women, Emma was not ashamed by the Hellfire Club’s strict dress code that forced females to walk around in nothing more than lingerie. Actually, she liked it as it gave her psychological power. Because of her revealing outfit, men were easily distracted and usually underestimated her, thinking her to be nothing more than a mere waitress.

Over the next years, Emma built her own empire, including Frost Enterprises and a private school in Massachusetts. Simply being part of this organization was not enough for Shaw, he wanted to rule it. At first, he tried to buy his way into the Council of the Chosen, as he helped the Club’s leader Ned Buckman to fund Project Armageddon, without knowing that Buckman wanted to use the project to totally eradicate mutantkind. When Buckman had Shaw’s lover, Lourdes Chantal, killed. Shaw and Emma wanted revenge. They attacked during a meeting of the Council and Emma took mental control of Ned Buckman’s mind, making him shoot all the members, including the former White Queen, Paris Seville, and Buckman himself. That night, Shaw and Frost rose as the Black King and White Queen of the new Inner Circle and they soon started to fill the other positions with their friends...

Emma_Frost_by_maehao.jpg
 
30kdrio.jpg


Jean “Phoenix” Grey
Place of Residence: Westchester, New York
Family: John Grey (father, living); Elaine Grey (mother, living); Sara (sister, deceased)
Marital Status: Engaged to Scott Summers
Physical Description :
Age: 30
Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Shoulder length, deep auburn hair. Straight, with a slight natural body to it.
Eyes: Green
Nationality: American
Distinguishing Features: None
Physical Description: A woman of average height with dark red hair and startling green eyes. Slender, average build. When she smiles her eyes seem to soften and sparkle.
Psychological Background:
Phobias: Terrified of bugs
Hobbies: Jean enjoys reading, and relaxing
Personality Quirks: Bites her nails sometimes, over worries
Education: Bachelor's Degree from New York State University - Genetic research, Master's Degree from New York State University - Genetic Research, PhD from New York State University - Genetic Research
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Jean is a mutant psychic, her mental abilities include Empathy, Pyrokinesis, Psychic Healing (Regeneration), Telepathy, and Telekinesis.
Extent (ability): Jean's mental abilities have increased dramatically since her resurrection. Her empathy has a range of 1000 miles. She has the ability to influence the emotions in others within 100 miles.
Her ability to heal is to heal herself is like nothing every seen before. She is able to gather her psychic energy and direct it to any damage that she has sustained. The amount of energy required has a direct correlation to the amount of damage she has sustained. The rate of healing is not unlike that of Wolverine's however that is as far as the comparison goes.
Jean's telepathy has also been increased, her maximum range is now 16,000 miles (equivalent to Professor Charles Xavier). She learned to use her telepathic powers in a number of ways, one is to create an astraly project herself. She can alter the memories of others within a 10 mile radius. She can mental probe people or objects at a distance of 10 miles and learn a great deal about it. She can render her mind invisible to equipment or other telepaths. She can project a blast of mental energy that can render a person unconscious or brain dead with a range of 10 miles. She can also detect mutants anywhere within a 100 mile radius.
Jean's telekinetic abilities have also increased exponentially to the point that she can now lift up to 100 tons. She is able to use her telekinesis to fly up to a maximum speed of 600 mph. She is able to create a telekinetic force field with a maximum radius of 4 miles. She is also able to create a blast of pure telekinetic force with a max range of 10 miles.

General History: Jean Grey is the younger daughter of Professor John Grey of the History Department of Bard College in Annandale-on Hudson, New York, and his wife Elaine. When Jean was ten years old, she was playing with her best friend Annie Richardson when Annie was hit by an automobile. The emotion that Jean felt as she held her dying friend awakened her own latent telepathic powers, and she thus experienced Annie's own emotions as she died. This traumatic occurrence left Jean in a withdrawn and deeply depressed state. Moreover, Jean discovered that she could not control her newly awakened telepathic abilities, and had to isolate herself from other people to keep hold of her sanity.
When Xavier judged that Jean had reached a certain level of mastery of her telekinetic power, he recommended to her parents that they enroll her in his newly established School for Gifted Youngsters. Unknown to Professor and Mrs. Grey, this school served as a cover for the X-Men, a team of young superhuman mutants being trained by Xavier to combat the threats posed by other mutants who used their powers against humanity. On entering the school, Jean Grey became the fifth member to join the X-Men and took the code name of Marvel Girl.
The original five X-Men remained together for several years. Shortly after she joined the team, Grey and Scott Summers, the X-Man known as Cyclops, fell in love with each other. Although neither told the other his or her true feelings for him or her for quite some time, they finally openly admitted their love for each other.
During a mission to the old Alkali Lake Power facility in Canada, Jean Grey was killed as she used her telepathic abilities to rescue the other members of the X-Men. A top secret government operation had been based in an underground facility at the abandoned power plant. Led by Colonel William Stryker, the purpose of this facility was to develop a means of controlling and ultimately destroying the mutant population.

The dam was damaged during a battle between the X-Men and the military forces, causing enough structural damage that the dam collapsed.

The X-Men had retreated to the Blackbird jet in an attempt to clear the area after rescuing mutant hostages, among them Cyclops and Professor X. The jet's power systems failed, and they were unable to take off. Realizing the danger, Jean made a decision to leave the jet and walked back outside. Using her telepathic and telekinetic abilities, she created a barrier to protect the aircraft from the massive wall of water while at the same time used her talents to restore power to the damaged aircraft and then controlled the jet long enough to see that it was airborne and safe from the water before releasing the barrier. When she let go of the energy holding the water back, Jean was instantly swept up and drowned by the powerful flood.
 
Fyi

My posting has been spuradic the last day or so, and probably still will be because of some storms in the area that are screwing with my wireless connection. Please bear with me.
 
Henry "Hank" McCoy

X_men__Beast_2006_by_Scoopey.jpg
_by_gz12wk.jpg

Place of Residence: Westchester, New York formerly Los Angeles, California.

Family: Sadie McCoy (grandmother), Edna McCoy (mother), Norton McCoy (father), Robert McCoy (uncle)

Marital Status: Single

Age: 42

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 402 lbs.

Hair: Blue.

Eyes: Blue.

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features: The Beast is large, blue and furry.

Physical Description: His physical appearance is nothing short of intimidating. The Beast often chooses not to wear shoes, which he relates to a human having to wear large leather mittens.

Education: Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Genetics. On going study in multiple fields including engineering, psychology, and literature.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Superhuman Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, Agility and Intelligence. Superhuman ability to climb, leap, balance and tumble. Can run at enhanced speed. Claws. Enhanced sense, nightvision and pheromone manipulation.

Extent (ability): The Beast possesses superhuman strength, agility, endurance, and speed, despite his bulk. He possesses the agility of a great ape and the acrobatic prowess of an accomplished circus aerialist. His physiology is durable enough to allow him to survive a three story fall by landing on his feet without suffering any broken bones or sprains. The Beast's legs are powerful enough to enable him to leap approximately 15 feet high in a standing high jump, and around 25 feet in a standing broad jump. He can also run on all fours at approximately 40 miles per hour for short sprints.

The Beast can crawl up brick walls by wedging his fingers and toes into the smallest cracks and applying a vice-like grip on them, as well as walk a tightrope with minimal effort. He is adept in performing complicated sequences of gymnastics such as flips, rolls, and springs, and can also walk on his hands for many hours. Further, his manual and pedial dexterity are so great that he can perform multiple tasks such as writing with both hands at once or tie knots in rope with his toes.

The Beast possesses enhanced senses, the ability to secrete pheromones to attract members of the opposite sex, as well as a slight healing factor that allows him to regenerate minor wounds and recover quickly from minor ailments such as colds. The Beast also possesses cat-like night vision as well as razor-sharp claws on his hands and feet.

History: Beast was born a relatively normal person. While in high school he excelled in nearly every academic field and was a star athlete. At this time there was no mutant hysteria, and it was not until he met Charles Xavier while attending college that he came to understand his abilities as mutations. Hank McCoy became obsessed with the idea of being normal. He devoted all of his spare time to finding a cure for this condition.

As his thesis Hank developed what he thought would be a cure to the effects of the X-Gene. However, this cure did not work. After graduation, Hank proposed to his then girlfriend, and told her of his project with the X-Gene. She rejected him, calling him a Beast, and running away. Emotionally distraught, Hank went to his lab and injected himself with what he had hoped to be a cure. However, he would instead awake in his dormitory with Charles Xavier. The serum Hank had created injected into his body caused a latent secondary mutation to occur. His body had become even more muscular, and he had grown thick blue fur, claws, and fangs. Hank McCoy had literally become the visage of The Beast.

Hank went away with Charles, and assisted him in creation of his school. However, he had a fundamental disagreement about whether the X-Gene was a blessing or a curse. Hank left the school and struck out on his own. He has since returned to assist Charles in examination of a potential cure for mutation.

Beast has an amazing mind, he holds several doctorates, and is able to think on the fly. Beast is a true genius. Additionally, Beast's physical form is similar to that of a Great Ape. He possesses amazing strength, agility and endurance. He is able to use hands and feet equally well and can hang from and climb almost any surface. Beast also has the ability to heal much faster than a human and can exude mood altering pheromones. Beast has grown to accept himself as a mutant, even if he does still occasionally yearn for normalcy. Beast's greatest regret is the folly he created in injecting the serum he created, jump starting his secondary mutation. He now literally wears his sins on his sleeve. Hank's greatest fear is that he may truly be as feral as he appears. This is an instinct he represses.

x-men-beast-hangs.jpg
 
Back
Top