Island, which bands, musicians do u bring along?

Thank you Islandman for letting us have some fun at your place for a while! You are always welcome to hang with us! Enjoy the music!

Aretha Franklin AND George Michael
Liquid Todd.........not sure he qualifies as a "musician".
Sade

I can hear your music over on my island ! Is Ozzy or RJD fronting your Sabbath?

If I had to choose one it would be Ozzy but I'd argue that I should be able to take every version of a band as long as they went by the same name. Take Little Feat for example. There's the Lowell George version and the post Lowell George version. I like both. Jethro Tull too. Ian Anderson and Martin Barre were the only two original members to tour and make records for many years. Now Martin has left and it's just Ian's band. I'll still take every album though cause they're still called Jethro Tull.

If I had to choose one it would be Ozzy but I'd argue that I should be able to take every version of a band as long as they went by the same name. Take Little Feat for example. There's the Lowell George version and the post Lowell George version. I like both. Jethro Tull too. Ian Anderson and Martin Barre were the only two original members to tour and make records for many years. Now Martin has left and it's just Ian's band. I'll still take every album though cause they're still called Jethro Tull.

It's your fantasy, debear, you can bring them all along. Personally, if I absolutely had to choose, I would bring Ozzy with Sabbath. It would kill me to leave RJD behind because his Sabbath was superb. But then, you could bring Dio along with Rainbow and get Blackmore in the deal! :D

1) Zeppelin
2) Skynyrd
3) The Kinks

so tough to limit to 3.
I need a second Island for AC/DC, Rush and Boston. And then a third for solo artists (although they have bands as well) Billy Joel, Jim Croce and Elton John. But wait no women on the Island so I will need to add Heart, Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar and Cher (yes I know that is 4 but as long as I am cheating).

1) Zeppelin
2) Skynyrd
3) The Kinks

so tough to limit to 3.
I need a second Island for AC/DC, Rush and Boston. And then a third for solo artists (although they have bands as well) Billy Joel, Jim Croce and Elton John. But wait no women on the Island so I will need to add Heart, Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar and Cher (yes I know that is 4 but as long as I am cheating).

And I hope my island is within swimming distance of yours, for several reasons! Can you add Chrissie Hynde to your list. Love her and her attitude and the band, but I want my guys all to myself .

And I hope my island is within swimming distance of yours, for several reasons! Can you add Chrissie Hynde to your list. Love her and her attitude and the band, but I want my guys all to myself .

sure you can bring Chrissie Hynde but not on the same Island as the Kinks since she and Ray Davies were a couple for many years.

And I forgot the Eagles, Beatles and The Who.. We can leave them on a raft floating around in case we have more room later.

sure you can bring Chrissie Hynde but not on the same Island as the Kinks since she and Ray Davies were a couple for many years.

And I forgot the Eagles, Beatles and The Who.. We can leave them on a raft floating around in case we have more room later.

That's right! Did you know she gave Sid Vicious his padlock necklace and I believe lost the key so he never took it off. We can ask her about that but she would probably tell us to f-off. I saw Martin Chambers in an elevator in Detroit back in the 80s. They were there to play a concert.

1)Since Led Zeppelin is on another island, I'll choose Heart.

2)Since Stevie Ray is on another island , I'll choose Kenny Wayne Sheppard.

3) Since I'm on an island, I'll need some surf music. Dick Dale.

1)Since Led Zeppelin is on another island, I'll choose Heart.

2)Since Stevie Ray is on another island , I'll choose Kenny Wayne Sheppard.

3) Since I'm on an island, I'll need some surf music. Dick Dale.

Welcome to your island . Come visit when you want a dose of Zeppelin or SRV. And, I will bop over to your to hear Heart, for sure! :)

You are on an island, stranded it appears. A huge menu board comes down from the heavens.
Much to your delight, you can choose three bands, musicians, past or present, to join you for the rest of your stay.
Which band or musician do you choose?

Fantastic question (and so many great answers):
- Van Morrison
- Bob Marley
- Lynyrd Skynyrd

If we can do past or present then...

1: Dolly Parton - bitch grew up broke and knows how to forage for supplies. She's talked about doing it in a couple of autobiographies and I have no reason to doubt her- she's also got a slew of domestic skills that would be incredibly useful. But I'd like to have her younger because I'd feel bad about stranding an old lady on an island with me.

2: Bad Religion - Greg Graffin has I THINK a PhD in zoology, another degree in anthropology and, most importantly, one in geology. He could chart out that island past, present and future, identify the flora and fauna and have that shit documented for me and Dolly to gather, then use his knowledge of ancient structures and societies to keep us from descending into madness.

The other band members would probably be helpful in some way but I don't know their educational background.

3: Iron Butterfly back before Kramer died. I know he's got an engineering degree, I THINK a PhD but I'm not sure, and I know it's in like, space engineering or someshit, but if you can build a spaceship you can build a boat.

If we can do past or present then...

1: Dolly Parton - bitch grew up broke and knows how to forage for supplies. She's talked about doing it in a couple of autobiographies and I have no reason to doubt her- she's also got a slew of domestic skills that would be incredibly useful. But I'd like to have her younger because I'd feel bad about stranding an old lady on an island with me.

2: Bad Religion - Greg Graffin has I THINK a PhD in zoology, another degree in anthropology and, most importantly, one in geology. He could chart out that island past, present and future, identify the flora and fauna and have that shit documented for me and Dolly to gather, then use his knowledge of ancient structures and societies to keep us from descending into madness.

The other band members would probably be helpful in some way but I don't know their educational background.

3: Iron Butterfly back before Kramer died. I know he's got an engineering degree, I THINK a PhD but I'm not sure, and I know it's in like, space engineering or someshit, but if you can build a spaceship you can build a boat.

I love Dolly! I will def be visiting your island. Make sure she brings along her fiddle!

And it will be fab to hear In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. I have the vinyl of that!

Welcome to the islands!!

Someone please get Ronnie James Dio (maybe Rainbow so Ritchie Blackmore can come along too) and the Scorpions on the islands!! :heart:

I love Dolly! I will def be visiting your island. Make sure she brings along her fiddle!

And it will be fab to hear In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. I have the vinyl of that!

Welcome to the islands!!

I realize mine is kind of eclectic, but I posted without reading the rest of the thread and I thought we were focusing on like... survival skills rather than musical talent.

If I could have just one musician I want to get Trent Reznor alone so I can seduce him, but a deserted island is probably the worst possible place to try to do that.

So many good answers already!!! I'll be doing some day/night trips to other islands, but mine will have:

1. Eric Clapton
2. Allman Brothers (with every special guest they ever had at the Beacon) (that's allowed, right)
3. The Who

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - for the good music and constant laughs. (None of them are really 'beach' guys, but oh well.)
Beyonce and her touring band, for the fun.
A semi-famous bass player who I've already promised to be stranded on a desert island with - we have like a celebrity chef already chosen, and a fridge full of a drinks, and a spa pool on the beach and stuff.

So many good answers already!!! I'll be doing some day/night trips to other islands, but mine will have:

1. Eric Clapton
2. Allman Brothers (with every special guest they ever had at the Beacon) (that's allowed, right)
3. The Who

You bet special guests are allowed, it's your fantasy! Welcome to the islands and good choices. Visits to other islands encouraged! :)

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - for the good music and constant laughs. (None of them are really 'beach' guys, but oh well.)
Beyonce and her touring band, for the fun.
A semi-famous bass player who I've already promised to be stranded on a desert island with - we have like a celebrity chef already chosen, and a fridge full of a drinks, and a spa pool on the beach and stuff.

Your gang sounds like a fun diversion to all the classic rockers on the islands! Turn up the sound. And put out the privacy please sign when you and your bass player friend are enjoying a romantic dinner! :)

Back