to many editors !!! help !!!

jackfrost626

Virgin
I am writing a gay , sci fi fantasy love story and I need to find a editor but, there are to many to chose from so if anyone would like to volunteer or have any recommendations I would appreciate it.

The story is about love between human and beast humans , its not filled with hard core sex or anything to graphic

Its from two points of view and a bit slow in the beginning

Its my first story and there for might not be a master piece so someone with experience and a lot of patience would be great

Ps. My grammar sucks so keep that in mind

Last edited:
I am writing a gay , sci fi fantasy love story and I need to find a editor but, there are to many to chose from so if anyone would like to volunteer or have any recommendations I would appreciate it.

The story is about love between human and beast humans , its not filled with hard core sex or anything to graphic

Its my first story and there for might not be a master piece so someone with experience and a lot of patience would be great

Teaching basic grammar goes far beyond basic editing. It's too much work for most editors.

However, you may be able to find someone who is willing to do both. Good luck.

assumptions

I'll have you know i am not some illiterate fool that lacks the most basic of grammar skills , I merely meant that the person I chose to be my editor might have to change more than one or two phrases and/or decimal point locations so , I would thank you kindly not to label me as a complete moron

Not being able to grasp literary context or meaning would seam to be more your area of expertise

Although I suffer from Dyslexia and ADHD I refuse to accept this fact as a disability and more of a challenge that is why I am doing something that most said I shouldn't even attempt , writing

But by all means continue to think me an idiot it will only make the day I prove you wrong that much better

When I was looking for an editor it normally took asking five or six before I found one. I'm like you and have issues with my grammar for the same reason you posted in another post. Even after I found someone a few would never do the edit. then you have to start over, but there are a lot of good editors here. You just have to keep at it.

I'll have you know i am not some illiterate fool that lacks the most basic of grammar skills , I merely meant that the person I chose to be my editor might have to change more than one or two phrases and/or decimal point locations so , I would thank you kindly not to label me as a complete moron

Not being able to grasp literary context or meaning would seam to be more your area of expertise

Although I suffer from Dyslexia and ADHD I refuse to accept this fact as a disability and more of a challenge that is why I am doing something that most said I shouldn't even attempt , writing

But by all means continue to think me an idiot it will only make the day I prove you wrong that much better

well you did say your grammar sucks....and some editors don't want to have to fix the very basics. I think that was the point being made.

My wife has dyslexia and has four books published, so kudos for you for working around your disability and keep it up.

You're over-reacting. Tone it down and you might find a decent VE. You think a volunteer editor wants to put up with this kind of crap in the editing process?

sorry

Ok , ok so maybe I did over react I bit but ,its not what you say , its how you say it

I don't want an editor that's just going to check the spelling and grammar then send my story back to me , I want someone who is actually going to read the story and give me creative feed back

If thy hate it so be it, if thy love it great , it thy think I should scrap half of it no problem just tell me why you think so

The reason for wanting a editor is to get another opinion on my story and maybe so advice on how to make it better

So if you have the balls to take me on , bring it and if you don't well , that's cool let's just talk then :)

Back